• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini As A Family Car

Yasith

hi you guys well alot of mini talk,for me to contribute to this i must say owning a mini is just fab, i hv got three of them ,minis are great and they are just head turners on the road if its in great nik.as you may say amini is similar to wearing a denim as it could be worn to any function .

Hey triptronic...very well said.Adding a bit to that ,Mini Babes need TLC.They will cater all your motoring requirements!

• 7 months later...
I totally agree with mini ace. me and my other half with our two boys use our mini daily for last three years or so. and she has not given us any trouble. the key thing is you MUST lookafter her more closely. i.e dont wait for some sound to occur to check the if the break pads are ok or not. etc., just maintain her regulaly. thats all.

for me mini is not a car, it's more than that which i still stuggle to understand. ! so if you want to buy a mini and use it just like other jap car, then dont do it.

what i'm trying to say is if you dont have a feeling for a mini then it will not work out no matter how good it is.

I agreed with you very much. I started driving a mini almost 6 months ago. no matter how much money spend over it I cannot let it go. You can't even explain how it feels like when driving a mini. I think for a small family this car is not bad. it is an all rounder in cost, space, style , classic and also speed.

MINI is the best car in the world. it is the only car that has not been modified its shape up to now. in 1960's also it is like this. now also it is same.

cheears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi Yasith!

Mini is an Ideal daily runner especially in Colombo. when traveling with young children, the two door restriction offer an idyllic safety. My garage always fleeted one or more Minis. When I was based in Vavunia my Mini consistently took me safely up and down nearly thrice a month in A9 covering more than 1500km a month for more than a year. Yet never gave me snags.

I know many from Mini club return trips to hill country repeatedly. Minis need to run regularly, or else superfluous holdups occur. The only secret is regular servicing and attending faults/snags (irrespective of toleration offers) hurriedly.

Most of the SL Minis are now rebodied ,re-engined and emerge as switched steadfast runners. No truth behind high maintenance costs and reliability issues. An Ideal car for Colombo runs, no traffic conquering complexities, no parking space issues, hardly stopped at road blocks or by cops (instead they admire).

Agree with the high tags and Minis always stayed high and market keeps on rising. Its not difficult to find a good Mini and Autolanka marketed few good ones recently.

MINIACE

I'm bringing this up --as i don't want to open a new thread

Hi, Mini experts--

I thought of going in for a mini minor [rover ?]-has been fascinated for a long time with it :) [but actually no knowledge whatsoever re same]

i've an accent & i think i can get about 1 mil for it. So for that amount - buying a mini seems a good choice.

My concern is from where can i get a good mini - is there anyone who is reliable/trustworthy- from whom i can buy one? [if its against forum rules to post it here --pls PM me]

If i were to buy one- what are the issues -re parts etc.

Perused the ads & there were some great ones-- one even with an english no. Also saw with efi/ disk brakes/A/c.

[it would be great if I can get one for less than 1 mil ---since i'm selling another car [advertised on AL] for a personal need]

Thanks a lot.