• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mysterious Bridge Between India & Sri Lanka

miniace

You guys aware of this??

I got this mail and thought of sharing with you.Please comment.

WASHINGTON (PTI) -- The NASA Shuttle has imaged a mysterious ancient bridge between India and Sri Lanka, as mentioned in the Ramayana.

The evidence, say experts matter-of-factly, is in the Digital Image Collection.

The recently discovered bridge, currently named as Adam's Bridge and made of a chain of shoals, 30 km long, in the Palk Straits between India and Sri Lanka, reveals a mystery behind it.

The bridge's unique curvature and composition by age reveals that it is man-made. Legend as well as Archeological studies reveal that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago and the bridge's age is also almost equivalent.

Refer the following links for more

http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~krishna/NasaImage.html

http://www.rense.com/general30/nasa.htm

adam6fn7.png

MINIACE

yup that mail has been going arnd for sm time nw machan...my memory on history is pretty rusted.. but i was a aware that in the ramayan it was mentioned that rama cm to srilanka in search of sita through using this bridge...long story mate its called adams bridge as well..theres a lot more info to research on and its quite interesting..hope this link help u out

Ramas Bridge

Yala

yup that mail has been going arnd for sm time nw machan...my memory on history is pretty rusted.. but i was a aware that in the ramayan it was mentioned that rama cm to srilanka in search of sita through using this bridge...long story mate its called adams bridge as well..theres a lot more info to research on and its quite interesting..hope this link help u out

This is one comment carried the mail I got!

WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS VARADI (Bridge) BETWEEN INDIA AND SRILANKA WHICH WAS CONSTRUCTED BY " VANARA SENA " IN TRETA YUGA. BUT NOW NASA PEOPLE FIND IT THAT IT IS THERE AND THEY NAMED IT AS " ADAM BRIDGE " .

IS IT CORRECT TO CALL the ancient Bridge WITH THAT new and Alien Name???? THINK OF IT.

Will they ever accept if we change the name of the " London Bridge " as "Laxman Jhoola"? !!!?

MINIACE

Good pick Don!

The Asian history of stone age is taken only as 70,000–3300 BC .

The Ramayana epic, composed possibly between the 2nd and 4th centuries BC, states that Lanka was created by the divine sculptor Vishwakarma for Kubera, the lord of wealth.Ravana, usurped the throne of Kubera after defeating him in a battle. Ramayana recounts how Rama invaded the island through the Mannar causeway with the help of Sugreeva (the king of a Vanara (monkey) Army) and Hanuman the minister of Sugreeva, to save his abducted wife Sita from Ravana, the King of Sri Lanka.

MINIACE

Isn't this the cause of the major sethusamudram controversy in India these days? The Indian govt. wants to cut through these sand bars to create a shipping channel but many in India are opposed to be because of the religious significance. However, studies have shown them to be entirely natural formations and not man-made at all.

There is probably a lot more information on the net about this.

Isn't this the cause of the major sethusamudram controversy in India these days? The Indian govt. wants to cut through these sand bars to create a shipping channel but many in India are opposed to be because of the religious significance. However, studies have shown them to be entirely natural formations and not man-made at all.

There is probably a lot more information on the net about this.

Small Question, How This sethusamudram project Efect to Sri Lanka ? i mean Economically, If the Indian Government build this shipping channel what are the Advantages and Disadvantages to Sri Lanka (Economically)

Extract from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam's_Bridge):

Vaishnava News Network and some other US-based news services suggested that it had discovered the remains of the bridge built by Rama and his Vanara army, that is referred to in the Ramayana, and that it was not a natural formation, basing their claim on 2002 NASA satellite footage.[16] Hindutva archaeologists and geologists have presented differing estimates. Thus, a team from Centre for Remote Sensing (CRS) of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchi led by Professor S.M. Ramasamy in 2003 claimed that the, "Rama's bridge could only be 3,500 years old" and, "as the carbon dating of the beaches roughly matches the dates of Ramayana, its link to the epic needs to be explored".[17]

Such claims were rejected as untenable by experts. NASA distanced itself from the claims saying that what had been captured was nothing more than a 30 km long, naturally-occurring chain of sandbanks called Adam's bridge. It also clarified that, "The images reproduced on the websites may well be ours, but their interpretation is certainly not ours. Remote sensing images or photographs from orbit cannot provide direct information about the origin or age of a chain of islands, and certainly cannot determine whether humans were involved in producing any of the patterns seen"[18] Prof. N. Ramanujam, Head, Post Graduate Department of Geology and Research Centre, V.O. Chidambaram College, astrophysicist Jayant Narlikar and a group of professors of Madurai Kamaraj University stated that Adam's bridge is a natural geographical feature which formed some 17 million years ago.[16][19]

The survey conducted by Geological Survey of India likewise concluded the structure was a natural one, although its former director, S. Badrinarayanan, has contradicted this, claiming that such a natural formation would be impossible, since "ome boulders were so light that they could float on water."[20]

this sethu project might effect alot to sri lanka i assume.....if the big ships go through the channel pork(or poke i dont know whether ive spelled it right) they wouldnt stop by to refuel etc...

dont u think guys

lakshank Posted Yesterday, 09:29 PM

this sethu project might effect alot to sri lanka i assume.....if the big ships go through the channel pork(or poke i dont know whether ive spelled it right) they wouldnt stop by to refuel etc...

dont u think guys

yeh definetly biggest threat SL is facing i reckon...i heard it on LBR report...i assume thats why our harbour is been renovated..nt much of it though

Yala