• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mirage Colt

Razo

Hey ppl i'm new here. I own a 1981 mitsubishi mirage Colt. I planned to modify it but i'm abit tight in the wallet. upto now i've done some minor stuff like cutom steering wheel,gear knob, pedals...when i 1st got this baby the bumpers were a wreck so i've put on an L200 bumper on the front an Mach bumper on the rear.

Hoping to get a ninja style body kit done but again tight on cash. last time i got a quote fir a boby kit it was abt 60k. and then body kits on old cars is kinda tricky. i've seen some really ugly body kits come out on old cars. Anyone could intro me to some good bodykit guys who you can be sure will do a good job.

Also looking for 2nd hand bucket seats. any idea how much and where to find em.

No plans on doing anything for performance yet coz the car gets some minor prob once in a while, mainly the alternator belt keeps wearing out. Any ideas on this...

thats abt it. new here and looking around. real neat place. cheers!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Hi Machan

We have a Lancer 1979 model and had the same alternator belt or the fan belt wearing out fast issue,it was due to a problem in the alternator you need to get it checked out mate.

btw how much does ur care do on petrol?? ours does 7.5 kms/l in Galle road traffic with the A/C on

if you odnt mind me asking how much did you pay for your car,these are becoming rarer now in colombo

Hey ppl i'm new here. I own a 1981 mitsubishi mirage Colt. I planned to modify it but i'm abit tight in the wallet. upto now i've done some minor stuff like cutom steering wheel,gear knob, pedals...when i 1st got this baby the bumpers were a wreck so i've put on an L200 bumper on the front an Mach bumper on the rear.

Hoping to get a ninja style body kit done but again tight on cash. last time i got a quote fir a boby kit it was abt 60k. and then body kits on old cars is kinda tricky. i've seen some really ugly body kits come out on old cars. Anyone could intro me to some good bodykit guys who you can be sure will do a good job.

No plans on doing anything for performance yet coz the car gets some minor prob once in a while, mainly the alternator belt keeps wearing out. Any ideas on this...

thats abt it. new here and looking around. real neat place. cheers!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Razo warm welcome to the forums man B)

Well I too own a 1987 Colt Hatch & me too planning on a decent restoration soon. Btw just curious to know more about your model, got any pics ? Try the following dudes for your body kits :

Vonmec / Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud / Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto / Samare - 071-4879103

If possible pls post some more infor about your ride, like the capacity, YOM, etc.

Cheers

Razo warm welcome to the forums man B)

Well I too own a 1987 Colt Hatch & me too planning on a decent restoration soon. Btw just curious to know more about your model, got any pics ? Try the following dudes for your body kits :

Vonmec / Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud / Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto / Samare - 071-4879103

If possible pls post some more infor about your ride, like the capacity, YOM, etc.

Cheers

Rman - Mine does around 10 without AC. With AC its abt the same as u say. bt it doesnt pull as much. its a 1300 cc orion engine. i bought it for 2. I've shown my alternator prob to lots of mechs, no one has been able to give a permanent solution.

thanx for the body kit contacts guys. i went to janitha sometime back, he said he doesnt do custom bodykits anymore. will check out the others. btw around how much would it be.

bluecar002ex9.th.jpg

i went to janitha sometime back, he said he doesnt do custom bodykits anymore.

he do custom body kits but bit expensive and take lods of time too , he did close to 5 custom kits for us but the main problem is custom kits are bit heavy, so bad on fuel and not gud for shocks too

Check the Custom RX-7 Kit hes doing in his Garage

Anyway better go for Lip kit cus its the best way if u really want a Kit, but for custom kits go to Ranji or Ashanka, and the main fiber guy of Asanka (Ravi) is very experieance guy so he can do any kit,

Edited by GihanFX

Rman - Mine does around 10 without AC. With AC its abt the same as u say. bt it doesnt pull as much. its a 1300 cc orion engine. i bought it for 2. I've shown my alternator prob to lots of mechs, no one has been able to give a permanent solution.

thanx for the body kit contacts guys. i went to janitha sometime back, he said he doesnt do custom bodykits anymore. will check out the others. btw around how much would it be.

bluecar002ex9.th.jpg

Hey nice car machang.

For that sort of price thats a good deal. Cos I've seen some going for around 3.50+.

Rman, I too have a Lancer 79 model. Bu must tell you its pretty damn good on petrol, of course its not an orion engine, its a Saturn engine (1400cc). It pulls really well too.

So I think you guys need to tune the car properly.

Regd body kits I'm not a huge fan of them so I dont know any.

Machan if u dont mind can you tell me a good mechanic who can fix the tuning issue,its a maroonish red tube light model lancer maybe you have seen it running in colombo

i once took it to a reputed mechanic and he said that the carb has been tampered with so much by incompetent fellows who had the car before hence needs a replacement carb ,also i should mention that the engine is fully overhauled and good suspension too so there is no reason for such bad fuel consumption,its a Orion engine 1250 CC,whats the color of your car ?

Rman, I too have a Lancer 79 model. Bu must tell you its pretty damn good on petrol, of course its not an orion engine, its a Saturn engine (1400cc). It pulls really well too.

So I think you guys need to tune the car properly.

Regd body kits I'm not a huge fan of them so I dont know any.

Machan if u dont mind can you tell me a good mechanic who can fix the tuning issue,its a maroonish red tube light model lancer maybe you have seen it running in colombo

i once took it to a reputed mechanic and he said that the carb has been tampered with so much by incompetent fellows who had the car before hence needs a replacement carb ,also i should mention that the engine is fully overhauled and good suspension too so there is no reason for such bad fuel consumption,its a Orion engine 1250 CC,whats the color of your car ?

Well I tuned it through one my good friends who has heaps of old junc cars. Thing is I dont know whether he'll do it again cos he is not much into garage stuff now since he is helping his dad run the family business. But then again mine was also fully done before I bought it and it was done by the same guy who repairs it. Its a garage in Padukka, so it'll be quite far away for u. Well if you dont mind coming all the way you can mail me I'll give you the details. Mine's a white coloured.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4526/dsc00022qi4.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6791/60739795ve9.jpg

Hey Razo, Your ride really looks cool man (Of course agree with you on the Grill part, saw your comment on my fellow thread B)) I still couldn't drop in at any of those places for a grill replacement, anyways if you come across any ideal place pls keep me posted k.

BTW guys mine's a 1300CC & does approx 13-15 Km's in City without A/C. I am sure your ride's should do equally or more, as GummyBR suggested get some proper tuning done.

Cheers

coltxc7.jpg

Edited by EVO_Croozer

Hey Razo, Your ride really looks cool man (Of course agree with you on the Grill part, saw your comment on my fellow thread B)) I still couldn't drop in at any of those places for a grill replacement, anyways if you come across any ideal place pls keep me posted k.

BTW guys mine's a 1300CC & does approx 13-15 Km's in City without A/C. I am sure your ride's should do equally or more, as GummyBR suggested get some proper tuning done.

Guys how do you determine whether its an Orion or Saturn engine ? I am lost :unsure:

Cheers

coltxc7.jpg

What you do is check your engine number. The first 4 digits tells you what exactly your engine is.

For example mines a 4G33 - that stands for Saturn 1400cc engine.

Following is an extract from wikipedia

Four cylinder

Mitsubishi has developed twelve families of straight-4 engines:

4A3 — A 660 cc engine designed for kei cars in 1994, enlarged to 1100 cc in 1999.

4A9 — A 1.3 and 1.5 L engine introduced in the 2003 Colt.

4B1 — The newest family of straight-4 engines being developed in a joint-venture with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai known as the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA), all featuring aluminum engine block, DOHC heads, 4 valves per cylinder and MIVEC variable valve timing. The first of these are the 4B11 2.0 L and 4B12, a 2.4 L fitted to the 2007 Lancer and Outlander.

4DR — Two 2659 cc straight-4 normally aspirated and turbodiesels, 4DR5 and 4DR6, fitted to some Canter light trucks, and also fitted to the company's Jeep which it built under licence from Willys between 1953 and 1998,

4G1x "Orion" — 1.2 L to 1.6 L. First introduced in the 1978 Colt, and now the basis for the high performance variant of the 2003 version.

4G3 "Saturn" — Ranging in size from 1.2 L to 1.8 L, this family first saw service in the 1969 Colt Galant.

4G4 "Neptune" — 1.2 L to 1.4 L straight-4 engines available in the Lancer and Galant in 1979.

4G5 "Astron" — Offered from 1972 in capacities from 2.0 L to 2.6 L, the Astron family pioneered the modern use of twin balance shafts in a straight-4 configuration. The system, introduced in 1975 and dubbed "Silent Shaft", built on the patents of Frederick Lanchester which Mitsubishi had obtained, and proved a lucrative venture when it was licensed to numerous other manufacturers.

4D5 "Astron" diesel — Also part of the "Astron" family, the 2.3 L was the first diesel engine to be fitted to a Japanese passenger car. The subsequent 2.5 L version, introduced in 1986, is still in production, a popular choice in its line of pickup trucks where it is regarded as rugged, reliable and inexpensive to maintain.

4G6 "Sirius" — Available in capacities from 1.6 L to 2.4 L, this was the favoured performance variant for Mitsubishi. The 4G61T powered their Colt Turbo, while the 4G63T, first introduced in the 1980 Galant, went on to see service in the Sapporo and Starion coupés during the so-called "turbo era" of the 1980s, before creating for itself an illustrious motorsport heritage as the powerplant under the hood of the World Rally Championship-winning Lancer Evolution. A UK-market Evo known as the FQ400 had a 298 kW (405 PS) version of the Sirius, making it the most powerful car ever sold by Mitsubishi.

4G9 — 1.5 L to 2.0 L. The first modern gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine, in the Mitsubishi Carisma, was an 1834 cc 4G93 straight-4.

4M4 — Mitsubishi's replacement for the "Astron" diesel, available as a 2.8 L, and later as a 3.2 L with direct injection.

KE4 — A range of OHV straight-4s powering the Colt range in the 1960s.

Guys how do you determine whether its an Orion or Saturn engine ? I am lost :unsure:

Cheers

coltxc7.jpg

Thank u :D btw its somewhat modified or well i dont know what to call it. When i bought it both the bumpers were damaged beyond repair. so for the front bumper i've replaced with an L200 bumper. and the rear from a nissan match. It looks alright but the sides look a little weird, thats why i want to get a body kit so it'll have a better finish.

Btw, I think you shouldnt modify your colt. it looks really nice as it is.

until i saw this.....

Machang what about these .............. B) BTW I think its not a Colt thats in your picture :unsure:

coltmodifiedlights22820pf3.jpg

coltturbofx8.jpg

coltturbo1xm1.jpg

:violent-smiley-030: Wish I had the money to make my Colt like this ?????? :violent-smiley-099:

What you do is check your engine number. The first 4 digits tells you what exactly your engine is.

For example mines a 4G33 - that stands for Saturn 1400cc engine.

Following is an extract from wikipedia

Four cylinder

Mitsubishi has developed twelve families of straight-4 engines:

4A3 — A 660 cc engine designed for kei cars in 1994, enlarged to 1100 cc in 1999.

4A9 — A 1.3 and 1.5 L engine introduced in the 2003 Colt.

4B1 — The newest family of straight-4 engines being developed in a joint-venture with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai known as the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA), all featuring aluminum engine block, DOHC heads, 4 valves per cylinder and MIVEC variable valve timing. The first of these are the 4B11 2.0 L and 4B12, a 2.4 L fitted to the 2007 Lancer and Outlander.

4DR — Two 2659 cc straight-4 normally aspirated and turbodiesels, 4DR5 and 4DR6, fitted to some Canter light trucks, and also fitted to the company's Jeep which it built under licence from Willys between 1953 and 1998,

4G1x "Orion" — 1.2 L to 1.6 L. First introduced in the 1978 Colt, and now the basis for the high performance variant of the 2003 version.

4G3 "Saturn" — Ranging in size from 1.2 L to 1.8 L, this family first saw service in the 1969 Colt Galant.

4G4 "Neptune" — 1.2 L to 1.4 L straight-4 engines available in the Lancer and Galant in 1979.

4G5 "Astron" — Offered from 1972 in capacities from 2.0 L to 2.6 L, the Astron family pioneered the modern use of twin balance shafts in a straight-4 configuration. The system, introduced in 1975 and dubbed "Silent Shaft", built on the patents of Frederick Lanchester which Mitsubishi had obtained, and proved a lucrative venture when it was licensed to numerous other manufacturers.

4D5 "Astron" diesel — Also part of the "Astron" family, the 2.3 L was the first diesel engine to be fitted to a Japanese passenger car. The subsequent 2.5 L version, introduced in 1986, is still in production, a popular choice in its line of pickup trucks where it is regarded as rugged, reliable and inexpensive to maintain.

4G6 "Sirius" — Available in capacities from 1.6 L to 2.4 L, this was the favoured performance variant for Mitsubishi. The 4G61T powered their Colt Turbo, while the 4G63T, first introduced in the 1980 Galant, went on to see service in the Sapporo and Starion coupés during the so-called "turbo era" of the 1980s, before creating for itself an illustrious motorsport heritage as the powerplant under the hood of the World Rally Championship-winning Lancer Evolution. A UK-market Evo known as the FQ400 had a 298 kW (405 PS) version of the Sirius, making it the most powerful car ever sold by Mitsubishi.

4G9 — 1.5 L to 2.0 L. The first modern gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine, in the Mitsubishi Carisma, was an 1834 cc 4G93 straight-4.

4M4 — Mitsubishi's replacement for the "Astron" diesel, available as a 2.8 L, and later as a 3.2 L with direct injection.

KE4 — A range of OHV straight-4s powering the Colt range in the 1960s.

Hey GummyBR,

Tks loads machang for the intro & mine's a 4G13 engine, So gotta be an Orion 1300 Engine.

Cheers

Machang what about these .............. B) BTW I think its not a Colt thats in your picture :unsure:

:violent-smiley-030: Wish I had the money to make my Colt like this ?????? :violent-smiley-099:

it looks like they've added a lip kit, side skirts decals. the bumpers look same as urs. That car is a colt. was going thru some colt projects on car domain. not many good ones for colts sadly

Ah you have the same Lancer model (called the tube light model in Sri Lanka)

Padduka is a bit far off but if the issue is not fixed up soon i might contact you when I come to SL next to get the carb fixed,any idea if I can get a good 2nd hand carb n the price for one?

also whats the current market price for the Lancer that you have man?

Well I tuned it through one my good friends who has heaps of old junc cars. Thing is I dont know whether he'll do it again cos he is not much into garage stuff now since he is helping his dad run the family business. But then again mine was also fully done before I bought it and it was done by the same guy who repairs it. Its a garage in Padukka, so it'll be quite far away for u. Well if you dont mind coming all the way you can mail me I'll give you the details. Mine's a white coloured.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4526/dsc00022qi4.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6791/60739795ve9.jpg

Ah you have the same Lancer model (called the tube light model in Sri Lanka)

Padduka is a bit far off but if the issue is not fixed up soon i might contact you when I come to SL next to get the carb fixed,any idea if I can get a good 2nd hand carb n the price for one?

also whats the current market price for the Lancer that you have man?

I dont know about prices for carbs. Well nowadays it goes from 175k (for the I light) to about 250k+ for the tube light model in good condition. But of course the there were some wagons advertised recently asking for around 350k.

• 4 weeks later...

thats abt it. new here and looking around. real neat place.

:jumping-smiley-013:

Machan,

I had the same problem with my car, may be that is because original alternator replace with compatible or modified alternator,

But that's alright! We can't find originals. But u have to check alternator pulley alignment with crank shaft pulley, when replace deferent alternator u have to modify u r alternator brackets as well, to get the alignment correctly

cheers!!!

Hi gays,

I got a Mitsubishi Colt 156 GLX with 4G12 (1400CC) 4 – door car, this is “83” model,

Now I am rebuilding it, and I got to replace all fore door handles, but I couldn’t find this door handles,

So can u all Pls, Pls, help me with finding out this door handles or some other model witch fix to this?

What model will fix to the front & Rear buffers?

Please help me to find above parts,

Cheers!!!!!!