• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Luxury Tax

drake

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know what the process is for getting certified copies of the luxury tax paid for a vehicle?

Thanks

Bringing this old thread back. I also want to know the same. Anybody got an idea? What if you lost a Luxury tax payment receipt?

Bringing this old thread back. I also want to know the same. Anybody got an idea? What if you lost a Luxury tax payment receipt?

Another thing (Boy, this tax business gets more an more complicated when you think about it! :blink: )

If my sources are correct the tax law was passed in 1995, and applies 7 years from the year of registration. So, what would happen to vehicles that are registered before 1995? :unsure:

I wish we had a website with all these legislation in place :rolleyes:

Another thing (Boy, this tax business gets more an more complicated when you think about it! :blink: )

If my sources are correct the tax law was passed in 1995, and applies 7 years from the year of registration. So, what would happen to vehicles that are registered before 1995? :unsure:

I heard it was from 2002 onwards.. and cars that were registered before that have to pay for the whatever the remaining years.. eg: A car first reg in 2000 need to pay for 4 years since it has already been used for three years by the time the law was passed.. Better double check on this since I have not verified these details personally.. Plan to do so very soon though... <_<

try http://www.gic.gov.lk/ or call Tele no 1919. they will give you required info