• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini A & A+ Engines

MRM

Hey MRM!

I know why you are searching heights of cylinder blocks & cylinder head heights and for whom! :)

Whatever it is, We recently measured 5 diiferent Mini Engine varients at a reputed engineering firm for a possible future court case and amazingly found out all Five had different dimensions! Documental and video evidences available.No Mini /Haynes manual specify that. There is only a mean hight given.Even RAC follow that due the differences.

Changing the hights should be done after altering connecting rods,pistons , valve clearences etc etc.

MINIACE

Sorry forgot to mention the practiced mean values. Its 218-219mm.

There are more than dozen casting builders in UK supply Mini Blocks and heads.Thats the reason why the Rover or any A or A+ manufacturer refrain from specifying the specific hights.

MINIACE

Sorry forgot to mention the practiced mean values. Its 218-219mm.

There are more than dozen casting builders in UK supply Mini Blocks and heads.Thats the reason why the Rover or any A or A+ manufacturer refrain from specifying the specific hights.

MINIACE

thanks machan for the info

Guys, care to explain what this is about?

Let me explain the whole issue without mentioning names!

One famous Mini racer is under-protest by another.Now protesters want to find a fault with the block hight (a diiference of 0.1mm :lol: )!

Mails fired to find out the specific hight made UK Mini-tuners laugh. :lol:

MINIACE

Was the compression on his engine much higher than normal?

hi machan miniace will be able to give you this info

acutally i also heard about this case & this is the reason why i wanted to knwo the actual sizes as i'm planning to run standard 1000 catogory . & i dont know what i have in my A+ .

any way KLM it was nice meeting you in the gymkhana last saturday . hope you remember me .

Edited by MRM

MRM of course I remember you. I heard you finished second and are now going to represent Sri Lanka in Taipei at the FIA event alongside Dinesh Senanayake. Good stuff machan.

machan there is a second round from that only they are selecting 2 persons i guess . any way it was good fun for a first timer .