• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Apple's Iphone

Lalithster

this is not really related to i phone but, i guess drakangel r u the guy who uploaded the laugfs oil tv spot ..if so i'm just qurious how much did u guys asked for the job ..... any idea abt the pricing of that video rippy ..... :jumping-smiley-013:

thankz guys in advance

and about the topic in hand the phone is really nice i own the old i phone which i got from a gray importer and i love it like nothing else ...frankly speaking apple products are pretty cool and unique and i'm a user of apple for more than 5 years from the i mac to the new G5 power mac i'm just waiting for the new 3g phone to reduce price a bit so i can shift to it .... but guess i won't be as cheap as in USA .. may be over here it wil hit may be a wopping 50-60 k in srilankan money ....

Edited by kotte mafia

• 1 month later...

Nokia's Touch Screen 5800 Nods to iPhone

by Jack Ewing

Boasting many of the iPhone's features, the 5800 XpressMusic handset targets the young by offering a year's worth of free music downloads

nokia-5800-1.jpg

The new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic handset certainly looks like an iPhone. Same rounded corners, similar screen, and of course software operated with the touch of a finger. But don't—repeat, don't—call it an iPhone killer. With 40% of the global handset market, Nokia (NOK) is not in the business of copying puny rivals such as Apple (AAPL). Rather, Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia's executive vice-president for markets, calls the 5800 a "youth-oriented multimedia product made very affordable to the target audience of heavy music consumers."

Maybe a better description of the 5800 would be iPhone triangulator. No, the handset launched on Oct. 2 in London is not aimed directly at the hard-core iPhone crowd. But the 5800 does indicate how Nokia hopes to ensure that Apple remains a niche player in the global handset market. Nokia will try to smother Apple and other rivals with a range of touch products, aiming to peel away different target groups.

And Nokia will launch the products simultaneously around the world, exploiting a distribution system that neither Apple nor any other competitor can match. The 5800 can handle 60 different languages covering 90% of humanity and will be in shops all over the globe, including the U.S., before the end of the year, Nokia says.

Musical Bonus

nokia-5800-2.jpg

As Vanjoki points out, the 5800 is designed for young folks whose lives revolve around music. The $407 price tag, before taxes and subsidies, is more than a third below that of an unsubsidized iPhone. And the 5800 will be available from a range of telcos, in contrast to the iPhone, which is officially available only from select providers such as O2 (TEF) in Britain or T-Mobile (DT) in Germany.

Perhaps the most important feature of the 5800, though, isn't hardware but the built-in music collection. Beginning next year, the phone will feature Nokia's Comes With Music service—a year's worth of downloads from a catalog that includes all four major labels and 4 million songs (BusinessWeek.com, 9/2/08). It may be the music, more than the device, that's really aimed at Apple. Anyone who buys a 5800, with a massive selection of music embedded in the price, is unlikely to pay for the same music on iTunes.

So how does the 5800 compare with the iPhone? It's more sophisticated in some ways, less so in others. The more compact 5800 has a one-finger touch screen, in contrast to the iPhone, whose surface can handle input from two fingers simultaneously. The iPhone's two-finger interface lets users do cool things, such as easily shrink or expand images on the screen. On the other hand, the 5800, unlike the iPhone, has a screen that vibrates ever so gently when you touch it, providing subtle confirmation that the device is responding to your command.

Sophisticated Insides

The 5800's inner workings also are more advanced. (Saying such things always generates hate mail from iPhone fans.) It's a fact that Nokia has much more experience than Apple—or anybody else, for that matter—in packing an astonishing number of radios and other electronics into a small package and making everything work reliably.

The 5800 has a better camera, including a Carl Zeiss lens. Its Internet browser can handle Flash files, which the iPhone can't. And it has built-in GPS navigation (as do the newest iPhones). Since Nokia hasn't yet released test versions of the 5800, it's impossible to say which is better. But given how much effort Nokia has put into navigation (it's already the world's largest maker of GPS devices), it will be a surprise if the new phone doesn't turn out to be more precise and better at snagging a satellite signal than the iPhone. Nokia will include an introductory subscription to voice navigation in the price. "It's increasingly about the combination of services that come with the product," Vanjoki says.

The 5800 should be seen as Nokia's first attack on the touch screen phone market. A real challenger to iPhone will come some time in the next few months, when the Finns unveil an Nseries device with a touch screen. The top-of-the-line Nseries handsets are the ones that most appeal to the same tech connoisseurs who have made the iPhone such a phenomenon. Vanjoki might let you get away with calling that product an iPhone killer.

Source : Business Week

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/cont...gn_id=rss_daily

• 2 months later...

Dynolicious turns iPhone into cheap performance meter

by Chris Shunk

dynolicious-display.jpg

The world has gone iPhone crazy since Apple released v2.0 of its sleek mobile device, and while GPS and 3G have been big draws, the multitude of available software apps in the new App Store has been the real wild card. One app that has us really psyched is a new automotive performance meter called Dynolicious from BunsenTech. It uses the accelerometer inside the iPhone to let you record 0-10 through 0-100 times, quarter mile and trap speed, Lateral Gs, horsepower and more. Results are also displayed in real-time on the phone itself with graphs and a speedometer. You can also configure the tool with updates to your car, weight, before and after performance measurements, and keep a complete history of all your runs. The kicker is that you don't even have to plug in your iPhone anywhere, just set it in the cup holder and drive. The folks at Dynolicious promise 0-60 accuracy to within .08 seconds and a quarter mile speed to within 1.5 mph. The performance meter software should also work with the iPod Touch.

The Dynolicious performance meter is now available on iTunes for $12.99 despite its own website saying that it's coming soon. The app has an average rating of four stars out of five so far with 11 user reviews and counting. We're going to purchase the software ASAP and take it for a spin, so we'll let you know soon if it delivers on its lofty promises

05_dynolicious_opt.jpg

dynolicious-display.jpg

http://dynolicious.com/

Source : http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/29/dynolic...formance-meter/

Edited by Devinda_Z

Dynolicious turns iPhone into cheap performance meter

by Chris Shunk

dynolicious-display.jpg

05_dynolicious_opt.jpg

dynolicious-display.jpg

http://dynolicious.com/

Source : http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/29/dynolic...formance-meter/

I bought this package for my iphone months ago, but still havent' had a chance to use it!! I might try while in SL, since the cops have gone a speed blitz in Melbourne recently. :) Will post up results when I do..

• 4 weeks later...

Sniping App For iPhone

2nbdesh.jpg

Now you can shoot things with better accuracy thanks to BulletFlight, a $10 application available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle, and then use the iPod's touch-screen to tap in details about the wind conditions, ammunition type, distance to the intended target and even the wind speed. "Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format," says the application's iTunes page. "What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to take that shot."

Sniping App For iPhone

2nbdesh.jpg

Now you can shoot things with better accuracy thanks to BulletFlight, a $10 application available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle, and then use the iPod's touch-screen to tap in details about the wind conditions, ammunition type, distance to the intended target and even the wind speed. "Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format," says the application's iTunes page. "What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to take that shot."

Hmmm.. cant see that catching on. People carrying around their Iphones mounted to their guns :action-smiley-060: