• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Additional Gauges

Terabite

Question

7 answers to this question

Fuzzo gave me a pointer which i should have done in the first place....to give more details of the problem, well here goes..

this only Happens on Cold start.. the oil PSI meter goes way past the 100 meter mark when strating the car, after that the on Idle it goes down to 75. and again when it climbs back to past 100.

after may be about 15min eveything changes... the OIL PSI meter goes back to normal.. ( idle 25-30 & on rev 75)

is this normal.... cause i cant remember if this was the case before.. also i did my service last week, changed the Oil, i use Mobil..

Fuzzo gave me a pointer which i should have done in the first place....to give more details of the problem, well here goes..

this only Happens on Cold start.. the oil PSI meter goes way past the 100 meter mark when strating the car, after that the on Idle it goes down to 75. and again when it climbs back to past 100.

after may be about 15min eveything changes... the OIL PSI meter goes back to normal.. ( idle 25-30 & on rev 75)

is this normal.... cause i cant remember if this was the case before.. also i did my service last week, changed the Oil, i use Mobil..

Is this a mechanical or electrical gauge? Have you checked all the electrical connections? Is there's a sending unit mounted on the engine, is it a one/two wire setup? Did you use too much thread sealer on the threads of the sensor that the sensor isn't getting its ground signal from the engine block? Couple of things to think about.

Is this a mechanical or electrical gauge? Have you checked all the electrical connections? Is there's a sending unit mounted on the engine, is it a one/two wire setup? Did you use too much thread sealer on the threads of the sensor that the sensor isn't getting its ground signal from the engine block? Couple of things to think about.

hi well as for the questions

1. the unit is electrical

2. Electric connectors all checked.. looks fine

3. yes there is a 2 wire sending unit,

4. this was installed some time ago...was working fine till last week