• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modification To My Brand New Toyota Avanza

DCL

Hi Guys,

Like I said before, I'm going import a Toyota Avanza for my Mother's Permit.It'l be here on mid October or somewhere neer.

I would like do some simple modification like,

Fixing a Spoiler

Neon Lights

Muffler

4 x 45W speekers + Subwoofer(Sony)(I got the set up already)

Tinting

I just need a rough price & places where I can get these things done. Details with contact info will be really help full.

Thanks Guys, :)

DCL

Hi Guys,

Like I said before, I'm going import a Toyota Avanza for my Mother's Permit.It'l be here on mid October or somewhere neer.

Fixing a Spoiler

Neon Lights

Muffler

Tinting

I just need a rough price & places where I can get these things done. Details with contact info will be really help full.

DCL

For Body Kits, Spoiler and all the fiber works,

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

NDE - Dumi##a - 0712719441

For Sounds and other ricy stuff like neons etc,

Advanced Audio - 0777305374

Pet#o La#ka - 2815300, 2508336

For Muflers

Elcardo }

Tokimo } dnt have the Numbers check Yellow pages

For Stickers and Tint,

Sumith - Nuber is missing

For Body Kits, Spoiler and all the fiber works,

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

NDE - Dumi##a - 0712719441

For Sounds and other ricy stuff like neons etc,

Advanced Audio - 0777305374

Pet#o La#ka - 2815300, 2508336

For Muflers

Elcardo }

Tokimo } dnt have the Numbers check Yellow pages

For Stickers and Tint,

Sumith - Nuber is missing

oh rite! u got the list!! :action-smiley-060:

Hi Guys,

Fixing a Spoiler

Neon Lights

Muffler

Tinting

DCL

U wanna do a spoiler and neons and a muffler for a MPV??? Insane. :rolleyes:

HA HA was just playing around bro. as you know i dont do any kits over here.

DCL some Racing Alloys.

avanzaalloysyf4.jpg

I knw mate, this is just an Idea. I really like the 2nd option though. Any way thx a lot for the the info bro. You knw I'm really a nil person when it's come to Vehicles. Really appreciate your help over here.

3M tints are the best machan

Correction 3M tint WAS the best. Carmart now offers Lumar tints. Lumar is a subsidary of Dupont USA, and if you read online reviews Lumar scores higher than 3M. As a matter of fact 3M pruchases their materials from Lumar!

Hey Madmax!

How are these Lumar tints eh? is it costlier than the 3M tints? Frankly I am not at all impressed with my tint installation done by KP and there are small bubbles visible and now its peeling a bit too.. bring it to their notice and they blame it on the car or else somebody "purposely" scratching it off.. the guarantee specifically mentions though that it covers the peeling and scratching of the tint but hell, i learnt my lesson lol..

How is lumar?

@ DCL - Neon lights would just spoil the looks man, may i suggest? Go HID headlights, looks good and you benefit by having better visibility. Downsides it is a bit costly.

Zz

Correction 3M tint WAS the best. Carmart now offers Lumar tints. Lumar is a subsidary of Dupont USA, and if you read online reviews Lumar scores higher than 3M. As a matter of fact 3M pruchases their materials from Lumar!

so now its avilable in SL, need to try it, so is it expensve than the 3M ?

Hey Madmax!

How is lumar?

Zz

Product wise it has better ratings than 3M from online reviews. Carmart quoted 17K for a complete tint on an large SUV. However I think the final result depends on the technician's talent when applying. I wanted to go check out a specimen from Carmart but never found the time yet.

On the topic of Avanza, what is the actual fuel consumption? I searched the previous posts on the Avanza but there was no mention. I'm considering one for the permit. (second permit that is ;) )

Also I got to know from Toyota Lanka prices have gone up. DCL what was the price you got?

On the topic of Avanza, what is the actual fuel consumption? I searched the previous posts on the Avanza but there was no mention. I'm considering one for the permit. (second permit that is ;) )

Also I got to know from Toyota Lanka prices have gone up. DCL what was the price you got?

The thing is guys I got this Quatation from toyota lanka 2 months back the break down is as below,(For the Permit)

CIF - 9650$ =9650 x 113.50=Rs.1095275/=

Est.Duty(47.66%) = Rs.505911.00

Local Charges Inclusive Vat =Rs.143750.00

Total =Rs.1744936.00

I think This prices will be change from the Next budget. Heard that government is going to increase the taxes for the vehicles. Can some one confirm the % of increment?

Edited by DCL

Hey Madmax!

How are these Lumar tints eh? is it costlier than the 3M tints? Frankly I am not at all impressed with my tint installation done by KP and there are small bubbles visible and now its peeling a bit too.. bring it to their notice and they blame it on the car or else somebody "purposely" scratching it off.. the guarantee specifically mentions though that it covers the peeling and scratching of the tint but hell, i learnt my lesson lol..

How is lumar?

@ DCL - Neon lights would just spoil the looks man, may i suggest? Go HID headlights, looks good and you benefit by having better visibility. Downsides it is a bit costly.

Zz

Thx for the advice bro!! Ya I think it's too much for a MPV. Any way can you give me rough Idea where I can fix HID Head lights ,Rough Price ets? Thx again dude

bro HID head lights are very expensive ones a famous car modifying garage quoted me nearly 35K for this and that was nearly 2 years back...i dont think that spending 35K on head lights would be a very good idea..you may spend that money on something which is more useful. my advice for you is to use more powerful bulbs like PIAA.that would do the needful at a lower cost.

@ DCL - Motorkade me think currently holds a Japanese brand around the price range of 20-30k. This is the cost of the entire kit inclusive of two bulbs and HID is a whole new system which uses a ballast to power up the bulbs. So I guess there might be an installation cost. I suppose Motorkade might do it free? not sure about that though.

Else as Gearhead says you could opt for PIAA bulbs.. superb quality stuff but unfortunately seldomly found (in my hunts). HID vs normal headlight I would say HID is far more cooler but that depends on your budget buddy.

Could anyone enlighten me as to whether the installation of the HID system alone would provide the vehicle with those two tone lights (meaning that the lights change when viewed at a close range and far) or is it the lenses of the crystal lights that reflects the light beam in a way that it divides a single beam into varying colours?

Zz

i dont mean to be a wet-blanket, but the mods you mentioned are gonna give a big blow when it comes to resale value of the vehicle... i really dont think there's a very high market for modifief MPVs. A friend said that even the CR42 is hard to sell after it's 'kitted' sometimes... if you find someone with your exact taste in kits and is in the market to buy a Avanza at the exact time you're selling you'll be able to make the money you spent on the mods.. but you might nto always be so lucky.... (just my opinion)

Oon a curious note, what do the rest of you guys think of the market for modified MPVs?