• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Polish And Car Wax

BAnuradha

yes you can get the two prroducts separately but here in SL what you get most is the car wax with polish included in it. there was a very long thread on AL about this matter and product recommendations try to find that thread machan.

how often you should wax the car depends on ow you use it.if the car is a daily driven then atleast wax it once a month..that'll do.well what i use is 3M car wax.

to add to the confusion...there's car cream also :)

yes you can get the two prroducts separately but here in SL what you get most is the car wax with polish included in it. there was a very long thread on AL about this matter and product recommendations try to find that thread machan.

how often you should wax the car depends on ow you use it.if the car is a daily driven then atleast wax it once a month..that'll do.well what i use is 3M car wax.

I need some advices........ :rolleyes:

Car polish and Car Wax are two different products or same thing. ??????? :unsure:

What are good products available in market?

Is it need polish or Wax car regularly (That mean monthly

:ninja:

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your car is being constantly bombarded by contaminants each and everyday. All of these contaminants take a toll on your car's paint if the finish is not frequently washed and waxed.

Imagine what would happen if you only brushed your teeth once a year. The buildup could lead to costly dental repairs. And your teeth might never look as good as they did before.

Your car's paint is constantly exposed to the elements and needs regular care to keep it looking its best at all times. If you neglect your car's finish for a long enough time, a quality repaint could easily cost $4,000. If you decide to sell your vehicle without a new paint job, it could cost you anywhere from $500 to $5,000 in lost trade-in value, depending upon the age and type of automobile you have.

There is no standard answer regarding how often you should wax. Many variables influence the life of the wax:

* Type of paint

* Condition of paint

* Local environment (normal conditions and extraordinary events)

* Number of hours exposed to outside conditions

* Quality and type of wax applied

* Quality of wash solution used to wash car

That's why ******** is the first to provide car owners with a personalized ******* Plus that takes into account all of these factors. What is right for a car kept outdoors all day in the Midwest is not right for a car kept 80% indoors in San Antonio.

Another factor to consider is your personal desires for how your car should look.

If you always want your car to look like it just won a car show,

then you can and should apply a pure polish or premium wax often.

Whichever product you decide to choose, the important point it is to begin a regular cycle of car care and stick to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swirl marks are scratches in the finish. Sometimes these scratches are microscopic in size and only visible in bright light, like direct sunlight or very intense artificial lights. Other swirl marks are very deep and are easily visible in just about any lighting condition.

Swirl marks can generally be placed in two categories, which describes the origin of the swirls.

* Cobweb-effect also called spider web scratches, car wash scratches, towel scratches etc.

* Buffer Swirl or Holograms

Cobweb-effect

Cobweb-effect is the term Meguiar's uses to describe the visual appearance of the thousands, and even hundreds of thousands of tiny scratches inflicted into your car's finish through normal, everyday wear and tear.

This includes:

* Such as working from the bottom up potentially dragging dirt that has accumulated on the bottom parts of the car to the cleaner upper section of the car.

* Using tatty, worn, dirty, or scratchy wash mitts, sponges, drying towels etc. It doesn't take much to inflict a scratch in today's modern clear coat finishes; every chance you have to prevent inflicting scratches should be utilized.

* Automatic car washes. Many automatic car washes still rely on spinning nylon bristle brushes to scrub your car clean. While these brushes may clean really well, they also instill many unnecessary scratches. Remember this also: any automatic car wash system that relies on some type of material that comes into direct contact with your car's finish has the potential to instill scratches. You see it doesn't matter how soft, or state of the art their system is, if the car or truck before you was 4-wheel drive dirty, the dirt removed from their finish can potentially still be in the system (imbedded in the brushes or what have you) whereupon it can be rubbed across your car's finish. Automatic car washes are usually not recommended if you want to keep your finish scratch-free.

* Hand Car Washes. Hand car washes while generally speaking are much safer as far as quality goes, you still have to insure the employees are doing quality work and have been trained how to best wash a car without instilling scratches. As a standard rule, anytime a wash mitt is dropped to the ground, it should not be returned to use but instead should be either discarded or cleaned.

To avoid the cobweb-effect type swirls and scratches, thoroughly wash all dirt particles from your finish before applying polish or wax. Always use a microfiber polishing cloth like the ****** Supreme Shine Microfiber or a 100% cotton, terry cloth towel for removing cleaners, polishes, and waxes. Microfiber polishing cloths and terry cloth towels have a "nap" (the little cotton loops), which draws and traps abrasive particles or contaminants on the surface up into the towel instead of allowing them to scratch the sensitive paint. Avoid taking your car to car washes if possible and wash your own car using premium quality wash mitts, car wash solutions and follow by drying your car using only premium quality chamois, 100% cotton towels, or ****** new Water Magnet Drying Towel.

Buffer Swirls or Holograms

Buffer swirl, also referred to as holograms, are circular scratches grooved into the finish through either the improper use of a rotary buffer, or using the wrong pads and chemicals with the rotary buffer. Buffer swirls can either be very deep or very shallow, depending on how forcefully the were created and depending on the products and type of pad used while buffing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to check what type of Paint you have and check if it has faded. If so you will need a cleaner wax to remove the hazy stuff which is on your paint. Then use a Good Wax which will protect your paint.

Edited by Velocity
  • Like 1

The important thing to remember is that pure polishes and glazes are completely different from rubbing and polishing compounds. pure polishes are non-abrasive and totally safe for your car's finish. They're also essential to assuring the highest gloss, deepest shine, and longest lifespan from your car's paint.

pure polish is more like a paint conditioner that restores valuable oils to the paint. pure polishes can be used to eliminate fine scratches and create incredible high gloss not possible with wax type products. If you own a dark-color car, you'll see a dramatic difference if you use a polish. An application of a pure polish should be followed by an application of wax to protect the shine and extend the results created by the polish.

pure polishes also help to prevent oxidation from taking place on your car's finish. Oxidation was an obvious problem ten years ago because you quickly saw the color on a single-stage finish fade. With today's modern clear coat finishes, oxidation is less obvious, however it still occurs.

Here is how oxidation happens to both clear coats and non-clear coat finishes. The primary ingredient used in automotive paints to actually coat over, protect, and beautify your vehicle is called resin. Resins are made from different types of oils. These oils vary depending on the paint type, but they are oils just the same. Early resins were made from raw materials such as the oils from Soya Beans, Flax Seeds, China Tung Nuts, Safflower seeds, Cottonseeds, and even Sardines! Modern paints are typically derived from polyurethane and/or acrylic polymers.

Direct sunlight and warm temperatures are always actively heating, and in extreme conditions, baking the top layer of paint. When this happens, the paint's original resins are lost through evaporation and the normal breakdown process most substances undergo when exposed to direct sunlight and warm temperatures (Called the Law of Entropy).

Exposure to inclement weather and frequent washing, especially with high alkaline, strong detergents (like dish washing soap) further breaks down and dries-out and dulls all types of resins, thus accelerating the deterioration process.

As the surface deteriorates, water in any form, dew, humidity, rain, wash and rinse water, as well as other microscopic destructive elements such as acids and alkaline substances, enter into the microscopic pores, fissures, cracks and other surface imperfections and begin to attack, or breakdown the molecules that make up your car's paint. In the case of water/moisture, the destructive effect is to oxidize, or chemically dissolve the cell-wall structure that makes up the actual resin we think of as our paint.

If portions of the original resins, (now missing through deterioration), are not replaced with a beneficial substance, your paint (whether it's a clear coat of a single-stage finish) will oxidize and the surface will become dull. Left unprotected for too long and the damage may become un-repairable. Although modern paint technology is much more resistant to oxidation, it will oxidize when neglected and/or it is improperly maintained.

The service life, (or longevity) of your car's finish is determined by the condition, or health of the resins that make up your paint. Maintain and replenish your car's finish, (resins), with the kind of beautifying oils contained in cleaner waxes, polishes and protectants, and your paint will look good for a long time, as well as last for a long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your car is being constantly bombarded by contaminants each and everyday. All of these contaminants take a toll on your car's paint if the finish is not frequently washed and waxed.

Imagine what would happen if you only brushed your teeth once a year. The buildup could lead to costly dental repairs. And your teeth might never look as good as they did before.

Your car's paint is constantly exposed to the elements and needs regular care to keep it looking its best at all times. If you neglect your car's finish for a long enough time, a quality repaint could easily cost $4,000. If you decide to sell your vehicle without a new paint job, it could cost you anywhere from $500 to $5,000 in lost trade-in value, depending upon the age and type of automobile you have.

There is no standard answer regarding how often you should wax. Many variables influence the life of the wax:

* Type of paint

* Condition of paint

* Local environment (normal conditions and extraordinary events)

* Number of hours exposed to outside conditions

* Quality and type of wax applied

* Quality of wash solution used to wash car

That's why ******** is the first to provide car owners with a personalized ******* Plus that takes into account all of these factors. What is right for a car kept outdoors all day in the Midwest is not right for a car kept 80% indoors in San Antonio.

Another factor to consider is your personal desires for how your car should look.

If you always want your car to look like it just won a car show,

then you can and should apply a pure polish or premium wax often.

Whichever product you decide to choose, the important point it is to begin a regular cycle of car care and stick to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swirl marks are scratches in the finish. Sometimes these scratches are microscopic in size and only visible in bright light, like direct sunlight or very intense artificial lights. Other swirl marks are very deep and are easily visible in just about any lighting condition.

Swirl marks can generally be placed in two categories, which describes the origin of the swirls.

* Cobweb-effect also called spider web scratches, car wash scratches, towel scratches etc.

* Buffer Swirl or Holograms

Cobweb-effect

Cobweb-effect is the term Meguiar's uses to describe the visual appearance of the thousands, and even hundreds of thousands of tiny scratches inflicted into your car's finish through normal, everyday wear and tear.

This includes:

* Such as working from the bottom up potentially dragging dirt that has accumulated on the bottom parts of the car to the cleaner upper section of the car.

* Using tatty, worn, dirty, or scratchy wash mitts, sponges, drying towels etc. It doesn't take much to inflict a scratch in today's modern clear coat finishes; every chance you have to prevent inflicting scratches should be utilized.

* Automatic car washes. Many automatic car washes still rely on spinning nylon bristle brushes to scrub your car clean. While these brushes may clean really well, they also instill many unnecessary scratches. Remember this also: any automatic car wash system that relies on some type of material that comes into direct contact with your car's finish has the potential to instill scratches. You see it doesn't matter how soft, or state of the art their system is, if the car or truck before you was 4-wheel drive dirty, the dirt removed from their finish can potentially still be in the system (imbedded in the brushes or what have you) whereupon it can be rubbed across your car's finish. Automatic car washes are usually not recommended if you want to keep your finish scratch-free.

* Hand Car Washes. Hand car washes while generally speaking are much safer as far as quality goes, you still have to insure the employees are doing quality work and have been trained how to best wash a car without instilling scratches. As a standard rule, anytime a wash mitt is dropped to the ground, it should not be returned to use but instead should be either discarded or cleaned.

To avoid the cobweb-effect type swirls and scratches, thoroughly wash all dirt particles from your finish before applying polish or wax. Always use a microfiber polishing cloth like the ****** Supreme Shine Microfiber or a 100% cotton, terry cloth towel for removing cleaners, polishes, and waxes. Microfiber polishing cloths and terry cloth towels have a "nap" (the little cotton loops), which draws and traps abrasive particles or contaminants on the surface up into the towel instead of allowing them to scratch the sensitive paint. Avoid taking your car to car washes if possible and wash your own car using premium quality wash mitts, car wash solutions and follow by drying your car using only premium quality chamois, 100% cotton towels, or ****** new Water Magnet Drying Towel.

Buffer Swirls or Holograms

Buffer swirl, also referred to as holograms, are circular scratches grooved into the finish through either the improper use of a rotary buffer, or using the wrong pads and chemicals with the rotary buffer. Buffer swirls can either be very deep or very shallow, depending on how forcefully the were created and depending on the products and type of pad used while buffing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to check what type of Paint you have and check if it has faded. If so you will need a cleaner wax to remove the hazy stuff which is on your paint. Then use a Good Wax which will protect your paint.

hi mate...

I decided to take your advice and not paint her... only getting the lips done..

anyways, what was that wax you were telling me about?

Is that the brand Miniace mentioned?

and where can i get it from and how much $$$???

You got it wrong madmax! I can list the proud customers of that including me.Im pleased after tedious years of applying substandard products.For chumps that may be advertising ,in no way cheap!

MINIACE

I was just kidding Miniace :action-smiley-060: . I know how good a product Velocity is selling. I'm waiting till the day he opens up a grooming centre...

Velocity, have you got leather conditioner and wash mittens in stock?

Edited by madmax

I was just kidding Miniace :action-smiley-060: . I know how good a product Velocity is selling. I'm waiting till the day he opens up a grooming centre...

Velocity, have you got leather conditioner and wash mittens in stock?

:sad-smiley-047: Thought you were serious man!!

I repeat, Im a satisfied customer! Just inviting others to buy only good and economical ones!!!

MINIACE

guys... sorry for the ignorance but where/what is this velocity's joint :ninja:

:sad-smiley-047: Thought you were serious man!!

I repeat, Im a satisfied customer! Just inviting others to buy only good and economical ones!!!

MINIACE

Ado dima.. your products are scattered right throughout lolz.. found some at motorcade.. only problem is all that would remain of my wallet after a purchase would be a large gaping hole :P I bought a microfibre wash cloth though.. good stuff!

Zz

LOL. yes you can buy them from there. Infact This wax is for CARCRAZY People. if your car is NEW i recomend NEXT TECH WAX. If your car is totally faded with lots of bird droppings / ACID BURNS i recomend ScratcX and then NEXT TECH WAX. If you are car is a EUROPEAN CAR I recomend Gold Class.

Remember never use the Normal Cloth to wash your car. Those clothes are not Designed by Automotive Engineers for Washing Purposes over expensive Paints. Always use a Microfiber Towel which eliminates Swirls Marks. Protects the Paint and Also you can asborb the water within 1-2 two wipes saving Your Time.

By the Way if you have a disgusting odor inside your car. use odor eliminator. It basicaly removes it permanantly.

PERMANANTLY !!!!!!!

Also our Tire Polish. Its the Only Legal Product in California. If you take other products just check the WARNINGS. They say CANNOT BE SOLD IN CALIFORNIA. WHY IS THIS ????

I was to have a Promotion on A/L but i guess MADZ was too busy with work. Anyways we will soon have A/L + Meguairs Car Getogether !!!

By the Way most economical Wax over there is Cleaner Wax which is the NUMBER 1 selling US product.

Cheers Guys. And Thanks Minice Ace. Meguiars is the Oldest and Most Exlcusive Car wax in the World used by CAR ENTHUSIASTS also is the factory wax at Mercedes Jaguar and BMW.

Edited by Velocity

LOL. yes you can buy them from there. Infact This wax is for CARCRAZY People. if your car is NEW i recomend NEXT TECH WAX. If your car is totally faded with lots of bird droppings / ACID BURNS i recomend ScratcX and then NEXT TECH WAX. If you are car is a EUROPEAN CAR I recomend Gold Class.

Remember never use the Normal Cloth to wash your car. Those clothes are not Designed by Automotive Scientist for Washing Purposes over expensive Paints. Always use a Microfiber Towel which eliminates Swirls Marks. Protects the Paint and Also you can asborb the water within 1-2 two wipes saving Your Time.

By the Way if you have a disgusting odor inside your car. use odor eliminator. It basicaly removes it permanantly.

PERMANANTELY !!!!!!!

Also our Tire Polish. Its the Only Legal Product in California. If you take other products just check the WARNINGS. They say CANNOT BE SOLD IN CALIFORNIA. WHY IS THIS ????

I was to have a Promotion on A/L but i guess MADZ was too busy with work. Anyways we will soon have A/L + Meguairs Car Getogether !!!

By the Way cheapest Wax over there is Cleaner Wax which is the NUMBER 1 selling US product.

Cheers Guys. And Thanks Minice Ace. Meguiars is the Oldest and Most Exlcusive Car wax in the World used by CAR ENTHUSIASTS also is the factory wax at Mercedes Jaguar and BMW.

good marketing :P About the ScratchX, would it definitely improve the colour of faded paint? cuz my paint is in a bit of of a mess after the years of parking in the sun courtesy of my dad. So need some miraculous paint treatment. Is this the answer?

Zz