• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Polish And Car Wax

BAnuradha

yea bro why not a small discount for AL members :D

I second that ( In this case third that )

A discount would be nice –

Ya some of the stuff are expensive bt I’m not complaining ( Good things are never cheap & vise versa)

Budget is a bit tight as I need to do some repairs but I was looking at the cleaner wax liquid – Does it come in the paste format ? What’s better paste or the liquid ?

Shall be buying it next month – I currently use a brand called carplan which I got from UK- not all that great but works .

It worked like charms on a 4 year old paint.Amazing how it gave a new life.Awaiting the G2G and discounts on your products mate!

Meguires rocks! I used the TechWax and it worked wonders on my car. Highly recommend this over 3M products.

Was just watching a drift documentary. Seems Sam Hubbinette has a sponsership from Meguairs. At least he did when the made the documentary, coz it isn't listed in his site on his sponsers list now. This was at the time he was drifting the Viper.

Formula D @ Nat Geo Adv hah?

• 7 months later...
LOL bro 5 % for VALUED AUTOLANKANS

infact brothers this wax mite be expensive, but you can use more than 13-15 times. So saving is more over there,

mazdaspeed infact LIquid wax is the latest, but you need to apply it properly.

so much information on how to maintain your cars paint on http://www.meguiars.com/

Can you please be kind enough to give me the address? I need to buy Micro fiber Cloth!! :rolleyes:

Can you please be kind enough to give me the address? I need to buy Micro fiber Cloth!! :rolleyes:

Aren't you abroad? Or am I thinking of another set of initials?

I dunno how genuine it is, but you can pick up the cloth even at Arpico. I've seen that on the box. Like I said, I don't know of its the real deal.

Otherwise, Motorcade.

Aren't you abroad? Or am I thinking of another set of initials?

I dunno how genuine it is, but you can pick up the cloth even at Arpico. I've seen that on the box. Like I said, I don't know of its the real deal.

Otherwise, Motorcade.

Ya you are thinking of another Intials. :) I havnt stepped out of SL in 10 years :D .

I'v been to the Arpico @ Navinna but they said that they don't have it. :action-smiley-060:

Can you please give me the address of Motorcade :rolleyes:

Ya you are thinking of another Intials. :) I havnt stepped out of SL in 10 years :D .

I'v been to the Arpico @ Navinna but they said that they don't have it. :action-smiley-060:

Braybrooke place.

I have seen it in Arpico @ Havelock road. You can find the way to Motorcade using the search. There was a separate thread for that.

• 4 months later...

3M buys Meguiars!

ST. PAUL, Minn., Sep 08, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 3M announced today it has entered into an agreement to acquire Meguiar's Inc., the 100-year-old family business that manufactures the leading Meguiar's brand of car care products for cleaning and protecting automotive surfaces. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Meguiar's brings its renowned products and proud history--from its beginnings providing Mirror Glaze polishes and waxes for professional use to today's top-of-the-line products for everyone dedicated to maintaining a brilliant finish on their vehicles--to 3M's range of automotive aftermarket products. Meguiar's products include waxes, polishes, cleaners, conditioners and protectants for the automotive and marine markets.

"The addition of Meguiar's builds on our professional offering for the automotive industry and brings the expertise of Barry Meguiar in the growing enthusiast market for car care products," said Ian Hardgrove, vice president, 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division. "Together, Meguiar's and 3M will collaborate to deliver even more innovative high performance products for enthusiasts around the world."

Car enthusiasts know Meguiar's not only for its products but also for its presence at thousands of car shows across the country featuring every type of collector car from hot rods and muscle cars to exotic sports cars to vintage classics. Through Meguiar's internationally syndicated, multimedia broadcasting network, people with a passion for cars can experience major automotive events and the latest collector car hobby news.

"Combining with 3M will greatly enhance our ability to serve and support Car Crazy people on a global basis," said Barry Meguiar, president and CEO, Meguiar's Inc. "We are excited about the opportunity to grow our business by joining forces with one of the world's great global companies--working together to increase our support of the car hobby worldwide."

3M's Automotive Aftermarket Division provides a comprehensive line of 3M products for auto body repair professionals and auto enthusiasts. Products include abrasives and accessories, performance cleaning products, waxes, masking tapes, panel bonding adhesives, general adhesives coatings and sealers, paint finishing polishes and compounds, and paint application systems. Complementary acquisitions such as this support 3M's growth strategy to strengthen its core businesses and expand into adjacent markets.

Meguiar's is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and employs approximately 115 people. The transaction is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.

Sawaya Segalas & Co., LLC acted as exclusive financial advisor to Meguiar's Inc.

About Meguiar's Inc.

For over 100 years, Meguiar's Inc. has been providing Car Crazy people with specialized state-of-the-art formulations for making the appearance of cars "show car perfect." Chosen by 20 out of 24 "Best of Class" winners at the 2008 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Meguiar's provides highly specialized products for every automotive surface, including paint, wheels, tires, and interiors. As part of its passionate support for the car hobby, Meguiar's sponsors more than 11,000 car shows globally and produces Meguiar's Car Crazy Television and Radio that represent car enthusiasts worldwide.

About 3M

A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms -- often in combination -- to a wide array of customer needs. With $24 billion in sales, 3M employs 79,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 60 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Here are a few points to take away from this announcment...

- Barry Meguiar will continue to lead the company with his PASSION and the legacy of Meguiar’s will continue with even more support for the car hobby & car enthusiast.

- We take our responsibility to the industry very seriously and want to assure you that 3M enthusiastically shares our passion and commitment to innovation, quality and service.

- Our plan moving forward is to continue to support you as we have in the past by providing the same high quality products and service you’ve come to expect.

- Together, Meguiar’s and 3M will deliver a more complete product offering to auto enthusiast, car detailing and professional markets.

- We are excited about our future and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Mike

Mike Pennington

Director of Training and Consumer Relations

Meguiar's, Inc.

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Thats a good price for the package deal. Please do let us know how each item performs. Wonder why they didnt include a 'wax as you wipe' product- which is very convenient when you dont have the time for a proper wax. Other than that the Sri Lankan weather sucks for for Sunday where you have the urge to do some serious elbow grease waxing! :P

• 3 years later...

OK, please note that I'm reviving a 4 year old thread.

Followed the search lot of topics on this including the below thread where some guys listed the places to buy Meguiars brand.

http://forum.autolan...e__hl__meguiars

I have called/ been to Arpico, Laughs, Motorcade, Cargills but what they only have is 3M, EagleOne and some crap local products.

I got a contact number of a place called Velocity(Sorry I don't ever heard of that place) which sells Meguiars from the above link but that doesn't work anymore.

Can somebody post a seller for the Meguiars? I know a lot of people here using that.

Thanks!

razordj

Velocity is not a place... a members profile name. His Name is Dimantha (Jayawardena - not sure) Sadly don't have the contact number... but many of the forum should have. someone will post soon.

1st page of this thread got his posts... try to pm him.

Edited by ash