• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lankan Condominiums And Luxuary Apartments Rank

Lalithster

Hey guys

What condos do you think rank at the top in terms of luxury and demand?

I think I would rank the condo on top of Crescat at the top of the list but I havent seen any of the new ones that have come up in the last two years.

Please post pics if you have any,

I doubt your ranking is right. The last time I heard the owners were suing the company for not giving them the facilities they were promised....

It's always better to build your own house.

Is that the one that they can't supply water to all the units? :P

Yeah..

It's definitely better to build ur own house.. u get what u want, the way u want.

One of ma friends are suing Ke*sy for not completing his house on time.. took them 2.5 years to get to the stage of putting up the roof..!!

There is a new apartment complex coming up opposite Apolo hospital.

I doubt your ranking is right. The last time I heard the owners were suing the company for not giving them the facilities they were promised....

It's always better to build your own house.

Im sure my ranking is not right thats why I'm asking you guys. What about the ICELAND condos they near the Indian Embassy? They are price around a 1/2 million USD.

Im sure my ranking is not right thats why I'm asking you guys. What about the ICELAND condos they near the Indian Embassy? They are price around a 1/2 million USD.

Are you crazy to spend 1/2 USD to buy a Condo in SL? These people are just trying to ripp off money from people abroad!

There is a new apartment complex coming up opposite Apolo hospital.

if you mean the one adjoining the police sports complex, nope NOT appartments..

thats the district secratariat office....(well that's what was planned, unless the govenment thought... to hell with offices, lets make appartments :D it is Sri Lanka afterall)

The luxury apartment demand has certainly declined due to the current situation in the country, most apartments complexes have not been completed on time except for the few large players in the market.

There will be some bargains in the coming months as it would certainly be a buyers market and I must say I like the idea of Havelock city www.havelockcity.lk a self-contained city at least conceptually does appeal to me

The luxury apartment demand has certainly declined due to the current situation in the country, most apartments complexes have not been completed on time except for the few large players in the market.

There will be some bargains in the coming months as it would certainly be a buyers market and I must say I like the idea of Havelock city www.havelockcity.lk a self-contained city at least conceptually does appeal to me

Havelockcity look like a good idea but it is a large scale project which I doubt will be executed in a proper manner. have they broken ground on that one yet? Celynco is doing a nice one called celestial residence with a hyatt hotel attached to it. Its supposed to become the tallest building in SL with 45 floors and thoese are going for a 1/2 mill US too.

Havelock City is on schedule to my knowledge, you can see the structure clearly now even from galle road and the first stage should be completed by 2008 I think, since its done by the same ppl as the world trade center I think the quality of the project will be up to par

Havelock City is on schedule to my knowledge, you can see the structure clearly now even from galle road and the first stage should be completed by 2008 I think, since its done by the same ppl as the world trade center I think the quality of the project will be up to par

If WTC people are building then it should be really good. I would like to live in a self sustained city. Especially in Colombo.

If WTC people are building then it should be really good. I would like to live in a self sustained city. Especially in Colombo.

A "self sustained city" would be one that produces all the food, water, electricity, etc that its citizens need, correct? Is there such a thing? We don't even have a self sufficient country, let alone a self sustained city.

"No man is an Island" and so forth.

You're splitting hairs Pericles. He meant relevant to accomodation. Which means shops, workspaces, restaurants, recreational facilities etc all being located in the same neighbourhood,

Ahhh.... But then, Colombo itself is self sustained in that definition :D

The Millennium City concept?

Anyway, sounds like any number of housing schemes could fit that. Unless the Condo/appartment part is essential.

You're splitting hairs Pericles. He meant relevant to accomodation. Which means shops, workspaces, restaurants, recreational facilities etc all being located in the same neighbourhood,

Thats exactly what I meant KLM. The convenience of having everything at ur door step. Colombo is neither convenent or at my door step. With all the modern convinces at ur door step Havlock city would be the place to stay.

Though the New condo on galle rd that is going to house the Hyatt Regency sound to be really good.

Edited by Lalithster

A friend of mine tells me Condo prices will fall very soon due to many facts.

So many coming up and the market will be flooded

Apparently there is going to be a law preventing (or higher taxes) foreigners looking to buy

In case of a bomb disaster, and the building is destroyed (remember 9/11), the indivudals will be left with nothing as they do not have ownership to any land as such.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know of the general price structure for apartments at Havelock City, is the whole project on schedule to be completed by 2010 as noted earlier

wow its looking nice. I saw an article in the Daily News were on of the officials were saying that there is still lack of condos in SL. Now I dont know how he got the figures or if he is just saying that so forigne companys will invest. But accoridng to him we still need a couple of thousand more condos in Colombo

I have been realiably informed that it was demand from expats buying property in the local market which resulted in the price hikes the market has seen. and apparently that demand has fallen a bit over the last couple of months

I still find it completely unbelievable that condominiums are selling at prices like £250 000. You can buy a nice flat in London for that kind of money, and with such a large earnings vs cost ration per housing unit I wonder who are really buying these and whether there is any equity in such transactions. I mean mortgage interest in SL is also quite high these days !.

I am also wondering who is buying these high end condominiums for example in the Trillium Residences an average 3 bedroom apartment will cost over 300,000USD, which does seem over priced when considering the price of similar apartment complexes in Dubai or KL.

Is Havelock City more expensive than Trillium Residences, the other big developments are Dawson Grand, Crescat City and c******o Celestial but there are several more mid-sized complexes also coming up

wow its looking nice. I saw an article in the Daily News were on of the officials were saying that there is still lack of condos in SL. Now I dont know how he got the figures or if he is just saying that so forigne companys will invest. But accoridng to him we still need a couple of thousand more condos in Colombo

There is the lack of quite a few things in SL more important than condos. Number one has to be common sense among officials. :rolleyes:

Havelock Cty 1st phase is to be ready for occupation by August 2008 according to the developer. Prices are quite competitive and lesser than it's conunterpart like Celestial, Crescat or Dawson Grand (actually half the price). Facilities and the plans are much better than of Trillium (eg. bedrooms are going to be with solid timber flooring and wardrobes included). Also it is supposed to have a 4 acre garden area which none other condos are offering. It is supposed to be about the size of four football grounds according to a recent article on Daily News.

The developer being Sigaporean follows all Singapore standards. So if they promise something it'll be there for sure.

It sure is going to change Colombo's skyline.