• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride [2000 Bmw 525i]

Z.u.L

nice car mate, congrats. how about a original M5 bodykit for this and some set of alloys.

ya sure, the wheels are surely gonna change very soon B), will consider the M5 body kit as finance is a problem right now, lol!!!! :action-smiley-060:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice car mate, congrats. how about a original M5 bodykit for this and some set of alloys.

need help with this guys, got down 17" wheels for the car, only prob is i told my cuz to send 17 inch e39 m5 wheels, he sent e46 m3 wheels, im not sure whether these wheels would suit the car(though i love it) and whether i can run with these!!! please give ur opinion on this!!!

oebmwm5hs3xqm2.jpg

Edited by Z.u.L

need help with this guys, got down 17" wheels for the car, only prob is i told my cuz to send 17 inch e39 m5 wheels, he sent e36 m3 wheels

that's one hell of a cockup lol

ZUL would you mind giving a Euro car virgin like me a bit of an idea about the running and maintenance cost of your lovely car?

that's one hell of a cockup lol

ZUL would you mind giving a Euro car virgin like me a bit of an idea about the running and maintenance cost of your lovely car?

sorry, e46 i mean!! hehe..

the car does around 7kmpl, it depends on the way u drive, slow drive high fuel consumption. accelerate to a high rev and leave accelerator and drive in a cruse mode u can do upto 6.5-8 kmpl. but never concern about the fuel consumption cuz then i cant use a beemer, hehe!!!

got the cars break pads changed last week, it cost me 24k. got my service also done by the agent, cost a whoping 30k. but i guess i have to expect all this if im using a bmw, and i have to say, i love the car, touched 210kmph in marine drive, didnt even feel it. the best car iv ever used so far!!!

Edited by Z.u.L

need help with this guys, got down 17" wheels for the car, only prob is i told my cuz to send 17 inch e39 m5 wheels, he sent e46 m3 wheels, im not sure whether these wheels would suit the car(though i love it) and whether i can run with these!!! please give ur opinion on this!!!

Try testing ur photoshop skills :)

the best car iv ever used so far!!!

I agree the car is brilliant to drive and is one of the better buys around 5-6million range. Actually prefer the E39 over the E60 for our roads being the heavier car with softer suspension.

The M3 alloys will go ok on the car. It will ruin the smooth ride to some extent though.

got the cars break pads changed last week, it cost me 24k. got my service also done by the agent, cost a whoping 30k.

30k just for the service or including the break pads? I'll take it the later one.

i don't think people who go for a luxury ride care much about fuel consumption but maintenance cost is something everyone think twice on.

Try testing ur photoshop skills :)

good idea, will give a try, though im not that good @ it, hehe!!!

I agree the car is brilliant to drive and is one of the better buys around 5-6million range. Actually prefer the E39 over the E60 for our roads being the heavier car with softer suspension.

The M3 alloys will go ok on the car. It will ruin the smooth ride to some extent though.

yea i guess, im going with 235/45/r17`s bridgestone potanza GIII, will have to sacrifice the smoothness for the looks!!!

30k just for the service or including the break pads? I'll take it the later one.

i don't think people who go for a luxury ride care much about fuel consumption but maintenance cost is something everyone think twice on.

its 30k only for the service, cuz i did a full detail service, changing all filters and others which needed to be replaced. it costed around 25k only for the parts. not including the break pads. that like a total of 49k only for the parts.

its 30k only for the service, cuz i did a full detail service, changing all filters and others which needed to be replaced. it costed around 25k only for the parts. not including the break pads. that like a total of 49k only for the parts.

holly mother of god, 30K for the service. what filters/parts did you change?

lads how much does a similar service cost for a Toyota. lets say a Prado to be in the same luxury category.

holly mother of god, 30K for the service. what filters/parts did you change?

lads how much does a similar service cost for a Toyota. lets say a Prado to be in the same luxury category.

took my dads prado for service, cost 15k with all filter changes, and i used a synthtic oil, which cost some 3-5k.

just my opinion but being somewhat of a purist, I think you should try and get the M5 wheels.

when you say service, did you just replace the filters etc. as a preventative maintenance or did ur oil light come up? if the lights didn't come up you should be able to run 6-7.5k miles between (recommended oil) services. BMW states way more but most ppl don't wanna take a chance.

How much does an inspection cost in SL? (INSP I and II)

Nice car machan.

-wheels -Is that M3 replica wheels or the original M3s, check whether you have BMW part number on it? if it is a replica you might find colour fade in few yers time. I personally do not think M3 wheels will good for 5 series as it is like wearing a coat with a sarong! you could find M5 wheels from ebay, as you are going to get a M5 bodykit. what is the current alloy size machan, is it 16", yea when you get higher ones you have to sacrifice the comfort, but hey it is good in handling.

-30k for service, I do not know I think it is far too much, but I think it could be the price in SL. I do my car service on my own only cost for the parts, it is roughly £80 by the local garage..

- About the CD changer you probably will find a good one on ebay, you could set up the changer under the front passenger seat, normally there is the space for first aid kit.

ta

Nice car machan.

-wheels -Is that M3 replica wheels or the original M3s, check whether you have BMW part number on it? if it is a replica you might find colour fade in few yers time. I personally do not think M3 wheels will good for 5 series as it is like wearing a coat with a sarong! you could find M5 wheels from ebay, as you are going to get a M5 bodykit. what is the current alloy size machan, is it 16", yea when you get higher ones you have to sacrifice the comfort, but hey it is good in handling.

-30k for service, I do not know I think it is far too much, but I think it could be the price in SL. I do my car service on my own only cost for the parts, it is roughly £80 by the local garage..

- About the CD changer you probably will find a good one on ebay, you could set up the changer under the front passenger seat, normally there is the space for first aid kit.

ta

no machan its an original m3 wheel, i have the bmw part number in it. yea im still considering what to do with the wheels, might sell it off and get m5 wheels. the current tyre i have is 15`s. with 225/60/17 bridgestone potenza GIII`s. awesome comfort, but handling is not very good. i actually dont need a cd player now, cuz i got a solution for it, got a way to plug my i pod to the car, so now its not a problem. hehe... thanx loadz for the info and the details. :alc:

oebmwm5hs3xqm2.jpg

If I had my bimmer, this set would've fit it perfectly. Don't have the car anymore.... :unsure:

BTW anyone know if there are 20-22" wheels available in SL?

You will have to check on the alloy offset in the 5-series. This is basically where the centre of the alloy rim wheel will be in respect to the actual mounting hub. If i'm not mistaken, the E46 has less offset than the the 5 series, so there's the possibility of fouling your brake calipers.

Best thing is to check the user manual and refer against the M3 stock rims. If it looks alright, no harm in trying it out...

no way mate E46 wheels will not look good on your car, and those are the earlier e46 m3 wheels as well, the latter that came in jay's m3 are nicer. Z.U.L how about some AC Schnitzer wheels?

1de74ij6.jpg

a5d012ek9.jpg

vcap444hmcaxjk4e4caevecws3.jpg

love those wheels man, will consider on gettin them.

Nice car machang.... ;) ....congrats..... :D

thanks machan, love ur cx7 as well. had a mazda 3 before, wanted to buy the rx8, but not the car for me, might consider gettin down a cx7, will c.. hehe..

You will have to check on the alloy offset in the 5-series. This is basically where the centre of the alloy rim wheel will be in respect to the actual mounting hub. If i'm not mistaken, the E46 has less offset than the the 5 series, so there's the possibility of fouling your brake calipers.

Best thing is to check the user manual and refer against the M3 stock rims. If it looks alright, no harm in trying it out...

yea, i dont wanna take a risk with the e46 wheels. might sell it off and get down the m5 or the AC Schnitzer wheels, any idea whether i can get it anywhere in sl???

yea, i dont wanna take a risk with the e46 wheels. might sell it off and get down the m5 or the AC Schnitzer wheels, any idea whether i can get it anywhere in sl???

can't you get the AC Schnitzer rims from abroad too? i've seen replicas here but before you ask... they were on someone's E39 :)

what sort of duty must you pay on rims anyway?

Don't want to sound boring but I really think you should Keep the rims as is. Of course M5 Rims would look very cool, but you will compromise on ride comfort with bigger rims and low profile tires, which is, taking a way the most important attribute of the 5-series. We live in Sri lanka after all and you know how the roads are. Again I am a purist when it comes to keeping the car stock so my opinion will probably not matter to you.. and also remember "Friends Never let Friends Drive stock!" . You have a lovey ride which is one of my dream cars as well, just keep it as it is. :)

sudden decision guys, got a good offer for my car from a carsale, and i exchanged it, hehe. i feel bad to give it away. il post more details about the new ride soon. iv got some pics of it, as soon as i get it edited will upload with the details.