• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride [2000 Bmw 525i]

Z.u.L

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Nice Zul,

There was a time I regularly used to get lifts on a 525S and used to love that car :)

ha ha From Verossa to City + 525i :)

Not bad at all, would I offend you if I ask you how much this baby cost you and how many miles does it have on the clock ?

Thanks

The Don

Very Nice Zul,

There was a time I regularly used to get lifts on a 525S and used to love that car :)

ha ha From Verossa to City + 525i :)

Not bad at all, would I offend you if I ask you how much this baby cost you and how many miles does it have on the clock ?

Thanks

The Don

not at all bro, i actually gave the city + 2.6mill odd for this, its done 37000 in the clock. awesome ride, only prob is no cd player, must get a loader in the back soon. hehe.

not at all bro, i actually gave the city + 2.6mill odd for this, its done 37000 in the clock. awesome ride, only prob is no cd player, must get a loader in the back soon. hehe.

Nice car machang

Hope you will stick with it

ZUL, if possible trying to source a original CD player which comes for this particular model, because in my opinion anything else would look strange in the lovely dash board :)

37 000 is very low miles, the one my old boss used to have had done 50K + but going very strong, and mind you that was miles not Km

Nice car machang

Hope you will stick with it

hehe, il be sticking to this for some time.

Nice Car !

Expensive to maintain though :-(

yea i guess, had a 3series long time ago, it was high in maintance if u use it 4 daily use, which i wont be, got my diesel corolla (121) for the daily use, hehe.

ZUL, if possible trying to source a original CD player which comes for this particular model, because in my opinion anything else would look strange in the lovely dash board :)

37 000 is very low miles, the one my old boss used to have had done 50K + but going very strong, and mind you that was miles not Km

no machan, i aint gonna touch the dash. the car has a slot fot the 6 cd changer in the boot with all the wires and stuff, and the mode is also available in the setup, will be getting one down from singapore and just the matter of pluging it in the boot and fitting it.

the main reason to get this car is bcz of the low milage, this is KM machan, not miles. and the interior is in really good condition as well.

WOW!! nice car dude! what happened to the Verossa ?

thanx Kim, i got a really good offer for the verossa so sold it.

hehe, il be sticking to this for some time.

yea i guess, had a 3series long time ago, it was high in maintance if u use it 4 daily use, which i wont be, got my diesel corolla (121) for the daily use, hehe.

no machan, i aint gonna touch the dash. the car has a slot fot the 6 cd changer in the boot with all the wires and stuff, and the mode is also available in the setup, will be getting one down from singapore and just the matter of pluging it in the boot and fitting it.

the main reason to get this car is bcz of the low milage, this is KM machan, not miles. and the interior is in really good condition as well.

thanx Kim, i got a really good offer for the verossa so sold it.

Hey machang, nice ride. If I'm not mistaken I have driven this and was one of the best cars that I have ever driven. Whats the price you paid machang?? Dont worry cos if this the same car I'm refferring to then its got genuine mileage. It was owned previously by my colleagues customer who upgraded to a E60 525.

Hey machang, nice ride. If I'm not mistaken I have driven this and was one of the best cars that I have ever driven. Whats the price you paid machang?? Dont worry cos if this the same car I'm refferring to then its got genuine mileage. It was owned previously by my colleagues customer who upgraded to a E60 525.

it finished around 5.6mill machan. ohh k, i guess im assured its genuin, cuz the company maintance records are also available, so no need to worry.

nice car! forget the CD changer, get something like DICE

and also, some style 5's or Ms PLEASE!

E39 BLK on BLK FTW!

yea. i just forgot about it when i herd the price, 100K only 4 the changer, and i checked for a front loader, and that cost 125k. all this is without fitting charges. yea might get something like the DICE. still havent considered thought. he he.

it finished around 5.6mill machan. ohh k, i guess im assured its genuin, cuz the company maintance records are also available, so no need to worry.

yea. i just forgot about it when i herd the price, 100K only 4 the changer, and i checked for a front loader, and that cost 125k. all this is without fitting charges. yea might get something like the DICE. still havent considered thought. he he.

If you don't mind a used one Ebay does seem to contain a number of these original changes for sale !

If you don't mind a used one Ebay does seem to contain a number of these original changes for sale !

ya machan, thats what im considering. planing on getting a front loader from e-bay, but is it safe to get from e-bay?

ya machan, thats what im considering. planing on getting a front loader from e-bay, but is it safe to get from e-bay?

Zul its the changers I was talking about, not a front loader

This is a link to a compatible Alpine system

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E39-E46-3-series...1QQcmdZViewItem

But here is the genuine BMW changer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-6-CD-CHANGER-FOR...1QQcmdZViewItem

and there are a number of them on Ebay.co.uk

There is also a converter BMW-ALPINE which is being sold separately, to let you connect an ALPINE changer to the BMW wiring, and then you can get yourself a brand new ALPINE unit and fit it on,

The Don

Edited by The Don

its usually ok to get the HU used but be careful getting the changer as it's mechanical parts may not be working well. Only thing is most E39 owners dont change the HU, so a good portion of those HUs on ebay are from wrecked cars. Personally, the E39's changer has been a lil touchy. Once in a while it will say "CD ERROR" and u have to eject and insert the cartridge and once one of the CDs were hanging out a lil so teh cartridge didnt eject. I had to get a tiny screwdriver and push the CD+tray back. Also, once it would only play one CD and it just hapennd to be Victor Ratnayake Instrumental :)

Do you have the business radio? there are even navi units if u wanna go all out :)

Are there many of this model in Sri Lanka? I haven't seen many specially in black. What's the power like? Also there's a cassette player under the push down flap on the dash right? Is it possible to remove that and replace with one of the ebay model changers?

Edited by SeanD

Zul its the changers I was talking about, not a front loader

This is a link to a compatible Alpine system

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E39-E46-3-series...1QQcmdZViewItem

But here is the genuine BMW changer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-6-CD-CHANGER-FOR...1QQcmdZViewItem

and there are a number of them on Ebay.co.uk

There is also a converter BMW-ALPINE which is being sold separately, to let you connect an ALPINE changer to the BMW wiring, and then you can get yourself a brand new ALPINE unit and fit it on,

The Don

thanx for the info bro,il check those sites out. yea i checked out the alpine changer and the converter in a website as well, the following link actually shows how to fix it. i got all the tips from this site, it actually shows how to remove a front cassette and fit a cd player in its place.

BMW E39 Tips

its usually ok to get the HU used but be careful getting the changer as it's mechanical parts may not be working well. Only thing is most E39 owners dont change the HU, so a good portion of those HUs on ebay are from wrecked cars. Personally, the E39's changer has been a lil touchy. Once in a while it will say "CD ERROR" and u have to eject and insert the cartridge and once one of the CDs were hanging out a lil so teh cartridge didnt eject. I had to get a tiny screwdriver and push the CD+tray back. Also, once it would only play one CD and it just hapennd to be Victor Ratnayake Instrumental :)

Do you have the business radio? there are even navi units if u wanna go all out :)

yep i do have a business radio and i found the business cd player as well. will take some time to get it down cuz they dont ship to SL on ebay. so will have to get it from dubai or singapore or some place.