• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride [2000 Bmw 525i]

Z.u.L

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sudden decision guys, got a good offer for my car from a carsale, and i exchanged it, hehe. i feel bad to give it away. il post more details about the new ride soon. iv got some pics of it, as soon as i get it edited will upload with the details.

Hi

I'm on the lookout for a used bimmer and there is a 2002 525i. It has done 50k miles and is a manual.

How is the maintenance cost of your car and what is the mileage you get in Colombo/ Outstations?

Do you have any idea what a 2002 525i is worth in today's depressed market.

Great help. Nice looking car

Thanks

Hi

I'm on the lookout for a used bimmer and there is a 2002 525i. It has done 50k miles and is a manual.

How is the maintenance cost of your car and what is the mileage you get in Colombo/ Outstations?

Thanks

hmmm is this a face lifted E39

4-5 Million bracket possibly

hmmm is this a face lifted E39

4-5 Million bracket possibly

Thanks. This is made in 2005 so I suppose it is the facelift. I am new to BMW and was surprised to see in the Motor magazine that the e46 3 series has a better market than the e39. Funny!

Anyway, the guy is asking for 5.5 mil and I suppose its too much. The car is also not in very good condition and has run 50k miles.

sudden decision guys, got a good offer for my car from a carsale, and i exchanged it, hehe. i feel bad to give it away. il post more details about the new ride soon. iv got some pics of it, as soon as i get it edited will upload with the details.

no pun intended. came across a E39 with an outragous price tag and the first thing that struck my mind was oh shit is this Z.u.L.'s car? not that its in bad shape i remmeber you saying you got an insane deal for it.

Thanks. This is made in 2005 so I suppose it is the facelift. I am new to BMW and was surprised to see in the Motor magazine that the e46 3 series has a better market than the e39. Funny!

Anyway, the guy is asking for 5.5 mil and I suppose its too much. The car is also not in very good condition and has run 50k miles.

don't be in a hurry to buy - there are plenty of E39's around and i'm sure there are just as many low mileage cars about...

& the current economic climate makes it a buyers mkt with bargains to be had...

repairs like with any euro car are going to be a tad on the expensive side

given the age of the car that price isn't all that high either, but condition will play a big part...

you may also wanna look at the Audi A6 seeing as it falls into the same bracket but the prices tend to be a little lower than the bmw's...

Hi

Thanks

its a really good car, i still wish i had it. the speed and comfort and the way the car handles is really good, but consumption is not very good.. lol... when i was unsing the car honestly i wasnt checking out the consumption, it did around 8kmpl while i went on a trip to galle, i was doing average 120. colombo driving, i havent checked, cuz i really dont consider the consumption most of the time.. but it is very high to maintain, cuz i did a service for some 30k or something, i cant remember now cuz it was ages ago.. but really fun car to drive and i prefer it more than the merc i got right now hehe...

about the price, my one had done around 40k in the clock and because it was exchanged got a good price for it, more than wat i paid.. hehe..

no pun intended. came across a E39 with an outragous price tag and the first thing that struck my mind was oh shit is this Z.u.L.'s car? not that its in bad shape i remmeber you saying you got an insane deal for it.

hehe... where did u c it?

its a really good car, i still wish i had it. the speed and comfort and the way the car handles is really good, but consumption is not very good.. lol... when i was unsing the car honestly i wasnt checking out the consumption, it did around 8kmpl while i went on a trip to galle, i was doing average 120. colombo driving, i havent checked, cuz i really dont consider the consumption most of the time.. but it is very high to maintain, cuz i did a service for some 30k or something, i cant remember now cuz it was ages ago.. but really fun car to drive and i prefer it more than the merc i got right now hehe...

about the price, my one had done around 40k in the clock and because it was exchanged got a good price for it, more than wat i paid.. hehe..

Thanks for the advice. I am actually looking at a E46 petrol. I don't know where to look. I have been monitoring the HitAd during the past month or so but there wasn't a single 318i advertised. There are a few 320ds manily pre-facelift models but I am looking for a newer specimen.

Anyone has an idea about where to look. Any used car sales where they have Bimmers?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I am actually looking at a E46 petrol. I don't know where to look. I have been monitoring the HitAd during the past month or so but there wasn't a single 318i advertised. There are a few 320ds manily pre-facelift models but I am looking for a newer specimen.

Anyone has an idea about where to look. Any used car sales where they have Bimmers?

Thanks

Best is approach a service consultant at the agents, but the price will be a bit artificial after they get to know your intent to buy. The option I would advise is to contact Milroy as he spreads the word about cars for sale amongst his customer base.

at a car sale in dutugamunu street

Thanks

E46 318i are indeed a rare specie. according to madmax one of these cost more than a 320D. i came across couple of recon imports and it was the same story

Best is approach a service consultant at the agents, but the price will be a bit artificial after they get to know your intent to buy. The option I would advise is to contact Milroy as he spreads the word about cars for sale amongst his customer base.

would you care to post his number please?

at a car sale in dutugamunu street

E46 318i are indeed a rare specie. according to madmax one of these cost more than a 320D. i came across couple of recon imports and it was the same story

would you care to post his number please?

Thanks. I already tried to contact Milroy and he's out of the country. I will wait and see.

Thanks