• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina E.c.u Needed ! Urgent !

nawai007

Question

Hi all ... as u all know i really had a hard time with carina 192 ...... after so many diagnosis MAG people suggested me to replace the E.C.U ( i changed the wires,plugs,sensors,distributor etc-) ... but i looked every posible places ...but couldnt find it ......... DO YOU ANY ONE KNOW A PLACE TO FIND A CARINA AT 192(1993) PETROL,MANUAL ECU .....Plz let me know !!!!!

Thnx guys ! :blink:

17 answers to this question

Check with experts before really checking it out - how about hitting a salvage yard (SLIC's for instance). They might have condemned 192s with the ECU intact (its a slim shot, might pay off all the same). But I'm not sure if getting just the ECU is possible or not. Comments?

Check with experts before really checking it out - how about hitting a salvage yard (SLIC's for instance). They might have condemned 192s with the ECU intact (its a slim shot, might pay off all the same). But I'm not sure if getting just the ECU is possible or not. Comments?

Don't listen to MAG, why don't you get Toyota Lanka to check and see before you go looking for a ECU . Toyota ECUs are hard to bust. What is the problem in the first place?

Hi all ... as u all know i really had a hard time with carina 192 ...... after so many diagnosis MAG people suggested me to replace the E.C.U ( i changed the wires,plugs,sensors,distributor etc-) ... but i looked every posible places ...but couldnt find it ......... DO YOU ANY ONE KNOW A PLACE TO FIND A CARINA AT 192(1993) PETROL,MANUAL ECU .....Plz let me know !!!!!

For heavens sake do not change anything because those imbercils at MAG tell you to, my poor father made the same mistake and ended up with an extra throttle body, those morons have no idea how to use the electronics they have, and obviously are very inexperienced,

please get a second opinion before you do anything at all, and Toyota Lanka might be an excellent place to go to for that

ECU's can be repaired (within certain limits) in SL but not sure of the place exactly, but it is done,

Panchikawatte should be your best source (the watte along the ela where they have all the engines etc) or Delkanda but before you do anything get a proper diagnostic done, NOT BY MAG !!

The Don

Don't listen to MAG, why don't you get Toyota Lanka to check and see before you go looking for a ECU . Toyota ECUs are hard to bust. What is the problem in the first place?

thnx machan... firstly im new to EFI stuff ! i purchesd this carina one month back for less than the market price... from the day i purchesd it...it wont run than 30km...after that engine rpm gets low (200-500)... and stops ,then it wont start for another2-3 hours.... that about it !

Cheers ! :action-smiley-060:

For heavens sake do not change anything because those imbercils at MAG tell you to, my poor father made the same mistake and ended up with an extra throttle body, those morons have no idea how to use the electronics they have, and obviously are very inexperienced,

please get a second opinion before you do anything at all, and Toyota Lanka might be an excellent place to go to for that

ECU's can be repaired (within certain limits) in SL but not sure of the place exactly, but it is done,

Panchikawatte should be your best source (the watte along the ela where they have all the engines etc) or Delkanda but before you do anything get a proper diagnostic done, NOT BY MAG !!

The Don

machan i chkd ...mawanella ,nugedoda,panchikawattha and kurunegala ! no luck men !

Cheers !

hell dont listen to what MAG guys are saying bro..morons have no idea about that they are doing and they are very inexperienced.once took a car there since the battery charging light was on for no reason,even when the battery was new and buggers at MAG said that they had to re-do the whole alternator and asked me to leave the car there for about two days for that job. thought about it a bit and decided not to do so and on the way home showed it to a normal electric guy who figured out that the problem was with some 'Diodes'. 3 1/2 hours later the car was running just fine...

Panchikawatte should be your best place to look for an ECU but machan my advice is to first take it to the toyota agents as they know about their cars more than most of the other places.

thanks.

Edited by GearHead

nawai007 said:

Machang pay some serious concentration to the expert comments you've already received thru AL members re the proper diagnosis. Anyways if its confirmed that the issue with the ECU may be my friend can help you out. I guess there's a specific ECU number which differentiates MT & AT. Get the proper ECU number & call Afzal (removed) & tell that you are a friend of mine. I beleive he can help you out with his collection. Don't worry there's no hidden commissions for me :grinning-smiley-003: Anyways good luck with your project !

Cheers

Edited by Croozer

thnx machan... firstly im new to EFI stuff ! i purchesd this carina one month back for less than the market price... from the day i purchesd it...it wont run than 30km...after that engine rpm gets low (200-500)... and stops ,then it wont start for another2-3 hours.... that about it !

Cheers ! :action-smiley-060:

Dude, take it to Toyota. Get the real story first. They will give you a no obligation assessment of the problems. Might have to pay for the inspection. But if it saves you trouble and money who cares. I had a Corolla and it started missing like mad and I took there first and they fixed the issue. Loose bus connector in the ICU!!!! Didn't even charge a cent.

At least you will know the there is no where better to take the car. And for God sake, avoid Macro and MAG at all costs. Don't even trust them with a tricycle. The Consumer Affairs Authority should really take those guys to task for cheating people.

machan i chkd ...mawanella ,nugedoda,panchikawattha and kurunegala ! no luck men !

Cheers !

what exactly is the problem with your car,

Until the problem is independently verified to be the ECU I suggest you do nothing else, than getting the car checked out by somebody proper

what is the engine in your car 5AFE ?

The ECU malfunction is common on the AT 192 Carina's..

i'll recommend a technician who works for Toyota who repaired the ECU on my 192 :

PRASAD - 0773573228 , 0112677982

trying to source the parts yourself is a time wasting exercise, your better off giving it to this bloke to have a look at and getting him to get everything done - just call him & explain your problem-There aren't many people who know to repair ECU's,so your better off giving it to someone who has repaired these successfully...

The ECU malfunction is common on the AT 192 Carina's..

i'll recommend a technician who works for Toyota who repaired the ECU on my 192 :

PRASAD - 0773573228 , 0112677982

trying to source the parts yourself is a time wasting exercise, your better off giving it to this bloke to have a look at and getting him to get everything done - just call him & explain your problem-There aren't many people who know to repair ECU's,so your better off giving it to someone who has repaired these successfully...

Thats very good information Devinda, Even my car had an ECU malfunction and somebody made an attempt to repair it, and got it nearly fixed (the car sounded fine but the check engine light would not go away), but in the end luckily I managed to find a ECU and swap it over and all was well,

Worst case scenario there are companies capable of completely rebuilding ECU's, but its good to know there are people in SL like Prasad who can do it as well

it seems MAG not done diagnosis correctly. you could have goto Toyota Lanka wattala.

Edited by Nilantha

there's guy in wattala...hendala to be exact and he also repairs CDI's and ECU's...

haven't got a car ECU done by him but he fixed my XR250's CDI...saved me about 20K+ to ship it down from japan...

the motor works a ok minus the rev limiter feature...but me thinks that also can be fixed...

if nothing works out...give me a holler...can hook this dude up for you :)

BTW... your problem sounds very much like a fried ECU... when the electronics get hot with problem on top of it... this tends to happen... not sure the exact reason but my XR did the same thing... Luckily with the help of an international XR forum...i narrowed down the problem really fast :)

good luck

On 9/3/2007 at 2:01 PM, nawai007 said:

:alc::alc::alc::alc:

Thnx guys for ur kind n warmy help ! and big thnx goes to devinda_z ....... finaly got the ecu repaired !

now my car is running nicely ! a gr8 guy called prasad was able to do it,the same guy who repaired devinda_z s carina !

thnx every one, thnx autolanka !

Cheers!

:action-smiley-060:

Hi nawai.. my comment will remind your past for sure.. i recently bought at 192 auto. It is okay. But i need to improve several things. Emission test did not pass and managed to get it done by a slight modification to map sensor (ගොඩ වෙදකමක්). Also pick up is low. Was mr prasad good at your work? I mean was it corrected and no such malfunction came until u sold your car? 

3 hours ago, Ted said:

Hi nawai.. my comment will remind your past for sure.. i recently bought at 192 auto. It is okay. But i need to improve several things. Emission test did not pass and managed to get it done by a slight modification to map sensor (ගොඩ වෙදකමක්). Also pick up is low. Was mr prasad good at your work? I mean was it corrected and no such malfunction came until u sold your car? 

Please be mindful of the last posted date when replying to old threads. This one is over 10 years old and the user from whom you have asked a question hasn't logged in since 2008.