• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Front Grill - Recommend A Place Pls

Croozer

Question

Guys,

Can someone pls recommend me a good place to modify my exisiting front grill OR to get a new one done for spec's.

What I have in my mind is a black colored frame with mesh B) initailly. Actually I don't like what I have at the moment :angry-smiley-030:

grillke0.jpg

Pls touch upon durability & prices as well.

Tks in advance,

Cheers.

24 answers to this question

Call Asanka on 0777726045. and you will be abe to see the designs og grills he can do.

Hi Arc Angel & Grand Civic,

Tks for the contact bro, spoke to them & gotta pay a visit soon.

Tks again,

Cheers B)

well maybe :-)

just called him. he doesn't cater to the local market anymore. some BOI issue.

Thanks for your call Bro. Yeah Mini. We are starting a New Project soon. So unable to do anything for the Local Market :(

I also recomend Fib#x ( Rohith De Silva ) for his work. He is in Katana. I guess mini you know about him more than I do.

Thanks for your call Bro. Yeah Mini. We are starting a New Project soon. So unable to do anything for the Local Market :(

I also recomend Fib#x ( Rohith De Silva ) for his work. He is in Katana. I guess mini you know about him more than I do.

hi Velocity,

Wasn't modified aero (if I remember the name correctly) set up by you to cater to the local market demands ?. Its very sad if you have abandoned your plans, for I always was a great fan of accolade designs (though they no longer make kits for my car!) and though it was brilliant some of your expertise gained working with them was trickling down to benefit us Sri Lankans. Sad indeed,

Was it an issue of local demand or simply the fact that a BOI approve venture is more profitable ?

The Don

hi Velocity,

Wasn't modified aero (if I remember the name correctly) set up by you to cater to the local market demands ?. Its very sad if you have abandoned your plans, for I always was a great fan of accolade designs (though they no longer make kits for my car!) and though it was brilliant some of your expertise gained working with them was trickling down to benefit us Sri Lankans. Sad indeed,

Was it an issue of local demand or simply the fact that a BOI approve venture is more profitable ?

The Don

hi Velocity,

The Don

Hey Don, infact we thought of doing local not to earn profit, but just to check what type of market there could be for such product. I am a true believer in Testing a Market and then Adjusting our selves Accordingly, This is why from Modified AERO we went for Alloy Wheels and Car Waxes. Problem in body kits in Sri Lanka is that Everyone needs a Small Custom Made Kit according their Design.

This we are unable to as our Technology is different in designing a Part. If we develop a Mould we need to Manufcature Minimum of 5000-10000 Pieces per Mould to cover our Total Investment.

We can still do local. This is not a problem because its handled by Different Company and they will shift to a New Location. But our Current Location is used for the NEW BOI PROJECT. About Profitability - Well Our New Operations will be for Porsche and Corvettes parts for exports :) So i am sure that means few $$$ Extra.

Machan US car market is in Decline and all Main Manufactures of Parts are in the Decline. Also US NTB http://www.ntsb.gov/ might ban after market body kits by 2009. Due to this most chinese companies have all ready closed down. Future for Body Kits is bleak unless its made Urethane or Polymer. Allready Modified Exhausts are Banned in MA and many states due to noise resitrictions and pollution. So after market parts for passengers cars will see a big decline and US goverment will be very strict on cars modified ( Unless for Races ).

Our New Performances Parts Manufcatures will have to think of New Hybrid Engines. Years to comes our Drag Racers ( If Permitted ) will be runing on Honda & Toyota Hybrid Engines, Fuel Cell Technology and Hydrogen Powered Cars. Our Terms of Racing will change within a couple years :)

Vonmec - Janitha

Macvud - Asanka

WOWS - Rajith

Nilakto - Samare

Also

NDE- Dumi##a - BORELASGAMUWA

Fib#x - ROHITHA - KATANA

LION - ? EKALA

ALSO SOMETHING CALLED SR BODY KITS - NOT SURE WHO.

Machan by the way cost of a Custom Grill would be around 3000-7000.

Cheaper than that would be less quality issues. Remember Fiberglass has weakness of showing Paint Fading - Paint Flakes and Air Bubbles if you use impropoer materials. So dont always go behind the price factor. Also ask what gurantee they provide if paint flakes come. cos paint cost a lot more than fiber work.

Hi Mate

You seem to be having a Lancer GLX or Colt 1300 or 1500

at one time i was crazy over that car but left the country before i could get a decent one

what are the + points in this model and the - points?

how much fuel does it do??

how about spares?

any idea of the marker price ??

who knows when im back in a year i might still fancy one of those

Guys,

Can someone pls recommend me a good place to modify my exisiting front grill OR to get a new one done for spec's.

What I have in my mind is a black colored frame with mesh B) initailly. Actually I don't like what I have at the moment :angry-smiley-030:

grillke0.jpg

Pls touch upon durability & prices as well.

Tks in advance,

Cheers.

Also

Fib#x - ROHITHA - KATANA

LION - ? EKALA

If you want thw highest quality product, First Velocity, then Rohith. I wouldn't even consider the rest.

Vonmec - Janitha

Macvud - Asanka

WOWS - Rajith

Nilakto - Samare

Machan GihanFX,

Have you got the contact (mobile) numbers of these guys ?

Is it the same Janitha (Vonmec) near Attidiya Sampath Bank?

Cheers

Also

Fib#x - ROHITHA - KATANA

LION - ? EKALA

Machan by the way cost of a Custom Grill would be around 3000-7000.

Cheaper than that would be less quality issues. Remember Fiberglass has weakness of showing Paint Fading - Paint Flakes and Air Bubbles if you use impropoer materials. So dont always go behind the price factor. Also ask what gurantee they provide if paint flakes come. cos paint cost a lot more than fiber work.

Hi Velocity,

Really appreciate your valuable advice in terms of quality, durability & consequences.

Tks mate,

Cheers B)

Hi Mate

You seem to be having a Lancer GLX or Colt 1300 or 1500

at one time i was crazy over that car but left the country before i could get a decent one

what are the + points in this model and the - points?

how much fuel does it do??

how about spares?

any idea of the marker price ??

who knows when im back in a year i might still fancy one of those

Hi mate,

Machang my ride is Colt C1 (Hatchback) 5 Door - YOM 1987.

Its a 1300CC / 5 Speed Manual transmission.

I've got P/S, A/C & 14" Alloys in it.

To be frank machang this is my first ride & I am not an expert on the technical side to review + & - points :unsure: It basically runs whenever I accelerate :jumping-smiley-013: Actually the guys @ AL are doing a wonderful job for people like me coz whatever knowledge I have gained upto date is thru AL members & their advice.

It does about 12 to 15 km/ltr in Colombo without A/C. So far haven't faced much critical issues in terms of parts B) I think most of the similar era models are compatible.

So far for me it had proved to be a wonderful & reliable machine & the car is in stock mode. Haven't got into any serious modifications or performance upgrades done.

But my particular model C1 (1984 - 1988) is a bit rare here in SL roads but the previous model (A15) is to be seen on the roads frequently.

The A15 model (1978 - 1983)

a150jpt8.jpg

I guess the price may vary depending on the number & condition between LKR 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs based on present ratings. may be I am wrong coz I am no expert on the field B)

Click here to see some images of my ride

Cheers

:violent-smiley-030:

Machan GihanFX,

Have you got the contact (mobile) numbers of these guys ?

Is it the same Janitha (Vonmec) near Attidiya Sampath Bank?

Cheers

Yes Near the Sampath Bank Attidiya, and Vonmec means the Registerd name for his body kits, but the garage still has a bit old name, lol better not to mention it

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

NDE - Dumi##a - 0712719441

Edited by GihanFX

Yes Near the Sampath Bank Attidiya, and Vonmec means the Registerd name for his body kits, but the garage still has a bit old name, lol better not to mention it

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

NDE - Dumi##a - 0712719441

Brilliant bro, tks.

Cool car machang

dont spoil it with too many modifications.

Hi mate,

Machang my ride is Colt C1 (Hatchback) 5 Door - YOM 1987.

Its a 1300CC / 5 Speed Manual transmission.

I've got P/S, A/C & 14" Alloys in it.

To be frank machang this is my first ride & I am not an expert on the technical side to review + & - points :unsure: It basically runs whenever I accelerate :jumping-smiley-013: Actually the guys @ AL are doing a wonderful job for people like me coz whatever knowledge I have gained upto date is thru AL members & their advice.

It does about 12 to 15 km/ltr in Colombo without A/C. So far haven't faced much critical issues in terms of parts B) I think most of the similar era models are compatible.

So far for me it had proved to be a wonderful & reliable machine & the car is in stock mode. Haven't got into any serious modifications or performance upgrades done.

But my particular model C1 (1984 - 1988) is a bit rare here in SL roads but the previous model (A15) is to be seen on the roads frequently.

The A15 model (1978 - 1983)

a150jpt8.jpg

I guess the price may vary depending on the number & condition between LKR 2.5 lakhs to 4.5 lakhs based on present ratings. may be I am wrong coz I am no expert on the field B)

Click here to see some images of my ride

Cheers

:violent-smiley-030: