• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breakdown Vehicle

SeanD

Question

I have been looking for a time for a non-passenger vehicle with towing capablities, specially a breakdown vehicle but didnt know where to find one from before. Now it seems there is one advertised on AL classifieds, but the vehicle is 70(SEVENTY!) years old, and the owner is asking for an absurd 8 million. Isn't this way overpriced for such an old vehicle, (even if it is an antique) and where do people come up with these absurd prices? Does anyone know what a more realistic price will be for such a vehicle (of more recent vintage) and where I could inquire from?

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

I have been looking for a time for a non-passenger vehicle with towing capablities, specially a breakdown vehicle but didnt know where to find one from before. Now it seems there is one advertised on AL classifieds, but the vehicle is 70(SEVENTY!) years old, and the owner is asking for an absurd 8 million. Isn't this way overpriced for such an old vehicle, (even if it is an antique) and where do people come up with these absurd prices? Does anyone know what a more realistic price will be for such a vehicle (of more recent vintage) and where I could inquire from?

Thanks in advance

This could be a mistake... may be he entered an additional digit..

800,000/- would seem a realistic figure, I guess..

8 million is insane. i think this is a mistake. And im sure you will have to send another vehicle carrier to bring this truck back home if you send it for recoveries. I have seen some of these trucks at TARZAN GARAGE - KEGALLE.

It can fetch some money as an antique vehicle. ( thats my view ok)

he he... i also got a shocker once i saw this ad...it's the old chevy right?... gotta be a typo :)

btw...i've noticed that most of these vintage tow trucks are fully operational...lotsa towing joints use em... some even have being converted from normal trucks into tow trucks

Well it is a collector's item, but 8 million is outrageous

80k maybe what he meant :) what happens when you're breakdown vehicle, breakdowns??

Lol.. when it break-downs, I'll probably take it apart and sell it for scrap...anyway thanks for your suggestions guys, I'll contact the owner and get the details from him n let yall know