• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driver's Licence

well its not much used, but then if you get caught to a real officer (does not exsist now) they mite ask for the endorsement sheet/wotever its called.

anyways, if you really needs a one, you will have to give a visit to RMV and waste some good hours :P

Edited by Kim

I think I lost the paper given with the driver's license (endorsement sheet is it called ?) How do I get a new one?

You can get a one from RMV. But don't bother. <_< You'll never need this. If you go for a court case and found guilty, after you pay the fine, you'll get a record on the sheet. But don't worry; simply say you have lost it. They are not very harsh on this.

You can get a one from RMV. But don't bother. <_< You'll never need this. If you go for a court case and found guilty, after you pay the fine, you'll get a record on the sheet. But don't worry; simply say you have lost it. They are not very harsh on this.

hei buddy

look like talking from experiene :rolleyes:

hei buddy

look like talking from experiene :rolleyes:

Yep... :rolleyes: It's better than bribing cops... Have a lawyer who'll appear for you. He will look after everything. Otherwise going to courts is a WASTE.

Edited by ash

What I heard was that if you were taken to the courts you must handover this sheet of paper or you have to stay behind the bars until it is handed over. Cops can also demand it as you should have it with you when you drive along with the licence. Anyway I went to RMV this morning and had to wait in two or three differents queues and finally was asked to go to the Werahera branch. Apprecitae if someone can findout the legal aspects and requirements of this paper.

The Endorsement sheet is meant to hold all the endorsements you receive while driving with the driving license with which the sheet is associated with,

Such endorsements could be for fines for traffic rule violations, court judgments against you etc

The sheet exists since there is no computerized system to hold the driving record of an individual

Legally you are supposed to produce it on demand to any law enforcement officer or to the courts

Practically nobody seems to give much about it, except when you go to court and is asked for it, but there again I am sure they must be fairly flexible on the matter, since the majority of drivers in SL do not have this endorsement sheet to hand

The Don

• 7 years later...

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I lost my wallet and with it the driving licence and NIC.

Could you guys please let me know the process of getting these two replaced ?

According to the DMV site it's a matter of informing the police and give a NIC or passport to get it replaced.

But,when I went to Wellawatta police and they told me I need a gramaseva certificate.

If anyone could share the details on getting these replaced would be appreciated.

Many thanks .

I think for both you need to inform the police. And do you have your old NIC and license numbers written down somewhere?

This is the process from what i can remember:

Lost NIC -http://www.gic.gov.lk/gic/index.php?option=com_info&id=418&task=info〈=en

Lost DL - http://www.gic.gov.lk/gic/index.php?option=com_info&id=393&task=info〈=en

If you doubt the documents above are out of date, you can call 1919 and get the most current info.

• Like 1