• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cygnus

fuzzo

i saw an awsome looking cygnus being driven out of the port gates a few weeks back, black, lovely wheels and had a fleeting glimpse of the interior, fully loaded i guess since the tv screens were all around.

yes, indeed must be expensive...in the range of 15 million??

Hey Fuzzo!

Planning on upgrading or comparing the fuel figures?

The Prado 3.4 V6 does around 5.5-6.0 in city, so the Cygnus 4.7 V8 should be 4.5-5. Never had the chance to test the Cygnus. The 2.7/4.0 VVTi on the new GX/TZ should be at least 7.

Any one running a Fortuner or a VVTi engined SUV?

You can pick a pretty new regd one for around 10-11 mil if you wait for it. Not too easy to sell unlike the Diesel versions.

Hey Fuzzo!

The Prado 3.4 V6 does around 5.5-6.0 in city, so the Cygnus 4.7 V8 should be 4.5-5. Never had the chance to test the Cygnus. The 2.7/4.0 VVTi on the new GX/TZ should be at least 7.

You can pick a pretty new regd one for around 10-11 mil if you wait for it. Not too easy to sell unlike the Diesel versions.

4.5 to 5? that doesnt sound very realistic considering the time im having with another type of 4.7 V8........ 3-3.5 city seems a bit more likely in real world driving... ;)

4.5 to 5? that doesnt sound very realistic considering the time im having with another type of 4.7 V8........ 3-3.5 city seems a bit more likely in real world driving... ;)

SN,

Your type of V8 will def. be quicker, but there is no comparison on the fuel consumption ;)

I'm guessing the 7 km/l on the Cygnus is outstation. I have managed 9km/l on the fuel monitor with a +-1km/l accuracy (more likely its -1) but dropped to 4.8km/l in Yala recently.

The Prado holds a tad over 85 litres.

Fuzzo ,a friend owns a Cygnus of 4.7 petrol V8 2UZ-FE engined and that does 7-10km/l. Fuel capacity is a massive 100 litres he says :o !

MINIACE

7-10km/l for 4.7 V8 is pretty good, i have traveled in a Montero 3.8 V6 which was doing only 3-4km/l.

i saw an awsome looking cygnus being driven out of the port gates a few weeks back, black, lovely wheels and had a fleeting glimpse of the interior, fully loaded i guess since the tv screens were all around.

yes, indeed must be expensive...in the range of 15 million??

That New Black one Belongs to One of My Friends Father, Looks Awesome

Edited by GihanFX

the brand new cygnus is costing at 21mill fully loaded, a registered one will be around 15 to 17 million. the cygnus and the sahara has been taken off from the japanies toyota website, which means that we can expect a new cygnus and sahara soon.

Hey Fuzzo!

Fortuner VVT-i 5.5 city 7 out stations.

Hi,

These days some of the most advanced engines are only able to achieve an average of around 6 km/l in the city where most of our trips are covered in. But for those who travel may be at least 50 km's a day out of the city, the same engine will come out with an average of 7 or 8 km/l or even more.

The LC Cygnus (Lexus LX470) sharing many of it’s basics with the LC 100 series, is mainly designed for long road trips where it will do about 5 to 6km/l. But in reality, in the case of most of us, in city driving, I wouldn’t expect it to do more than 3 km/l. which I feel is reasonable.

As for buying a used one, the Cygnus is undoubtedly a very luxury SUV having only one competitor in its segment, the Range Rover where the RR leads the way in terms of prestige and luxury. But in terms of reliability, the Cygnus is ahead of the RR. But the Cygnus has an aging body and the new 2008 version with the 5.7 Liter engine that is a complete redesign will be hitting the showrooms later this year in all international markets along with the replacement of the LC 100 series. (It will be either called as LC 130 series or 200 series)

I don't know about the prices in SL much, but you can get a good LX470 around AU$ 30,000 for a year 2000 model and AU$ 50,000 for a 2003 update version with the new dash board.

quite surprising to see 7's on here.. i was expecting it to do about 3 average.. if it's doing 7, that's damn good

I checked out a white cygnus recently with the works including night vision blah blah... he was quoting 18 mil.

not upgrading yet machan.. just wanted to know how bad it did on fuel...