• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Many Real M3's In Sri Lanka?

mariner

sorry abt opening an old thread but does anyone know how much of duty jay paid for the M3, if it helps it's a late 2003 registered in uk.

i've heard the total cost was 20 million. not sure how true the figure is. the car in UK must have cost about 30-40grand so that’s about 6-7 million rupees. so the rest must be import duty, do the math

i've heard the total cost was 20 million. not sure how true the figure is. the car in UK must have cost about 30-40grand so that’s about 6-7 million rupees. so the rest must be import duty, do the math

but if he is a uk resident he would have brought it with the blue permit right? which is on a different duty tarrif?

but if he is a uk resident he would have brought it with the blue permit right? which is on a different duty tarrif?

Also if you are an UK resident, you can bring down a vehicle which is registered under your name in the DVLA and use it in SL for up to twelve months without doing the local registration. But you have to take the vehicle back to the UK within 12 months. This is like you are using your own vehicle while you are on holiday in SL, don't need to pay tax, may be there are some charges applicable, also the freight would be around £1100 including the UK customs clearance expenses..as they have gone up again in the UK now..

blue permit is a possibility. to be honest i don't know much about this car. but i did hear some nice stories since they are just rumours i'll refrain from sharing them in this public forum. ;)

Sorry if this is going OT, but do you still have to pay duty on a vehicle even if its only for racing and will only be used on private land?

doubt it makes a difference cos as far as they'r concernd its a public road car...i maybe wrong

doubt it makes a difference cos as far as they'r concernd its a public road car...i maybe wrong

They let u bring down high capacity bikes for racing, tho u can't register it for street use, right? Maybe something like that for cars?

They let u bring down high capacity bikes for racing, tho u can't register it for street use, right? Maybe something like that for cars?

u cant register it for street use but it dsnt mean they'r taxed less...all these guys bringin cars down for track use r still taxed d same amount as that of a road car

u cant register it for street use but it dsnt mean they'r taxed less...all these guys bringin cars down for track use r still taxed d same amount as that of a road car

if anything, they should be taxed more as this should be considered a luxury... to have a car just ot race..