• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Many Real M3's In Sri Lanka?

mariner

Could someone tell me how many real M3's there are in Sri Lanka? I've seen lots of BMW 3series' and one 5 Series with the "M" tags, although I'm pretty sure they're not real(for one thing when I looked inside a few parked ones they didn't have any M's on the gearshift, wheel, or gauges, which I assume are marks of a real M car) .

However I've seen a reddish/orange Coupe with I believe British plates, running around Colombo..This was some months ago. I later saw it on Pericles' fotopic where the caption was "New M3." The lights looked different to the normal ones though. So is that a real M3, and who owns it? I haven't seen any talk about it in the forum that's why I ask.. I'm guessing in addition to Mr Jeys' new M3 there are 2 currently running in SL?

Could someone tell me how many real M3's there are in Sri Lanka? I've seen lots of BMW 3series' and one 5 Series with the "M" tags, although I'm pretty sure they're not real(for one thing when I looked inside a few parked ones they didn't have any M's on the gearshift, wheel, or gauges, which I assume are marks of a real M car) .

However I've seen a reddish/orange Coupe with I believe British plates, running around Colombo..This was some months ago. I later saw it on Pericles' fotopic where the caption was "New M3." The lights looked different to the normal ones though. So is that a real M3, and who owns it? I haven't seen any talk about it in the forum that's why I ask.. I'm guessing in addition to Mr Jeys' new M3 there are 2 currently running in SL?

Some of those 3's and 5's may just have fake badges on them, but most of them may have come from the factory too. You can buy a bimmer with the sports package and some stuff from the M series thrown in (wheels, bodykit, etc.) and hence it may have an M badge on it too...

Plus, when talking about M3s there are various kinds of M3s too...the CS, the CSL, etc...I'm rarely in Sri Lanka these days, so I definitely wouldn't be able to tell you how many "Real" M3s there are in Sri Lanka..good luck finding out!

no clue how many M3's there are but i do knw of

1. Jey's M3,

2. a silver M coupe (Z3 chassis) - one of the wildest M cars BMW built...its basically a hatch version of the Z3...ugly but insane :)

that reddish car wit UK plates is a normal 3 series hatch wit sum extras from AC Schintzer which is a tuning company like Brabus for Mercedes...BMW dont make M versions of 3 series hatches...n if not for that kit that cars looks r shunned upon in england

1. Jey's M3,

2. a silver M coupe (Z3 chassis) - one of the wildest M cars BMW built...its basically a hatch version of the Z3...ugly but insane :)

that reddish car wit UK plates is a normal 3 series hatch wit sum extras from AC Schintzer which is a tuning company like Brabus for Mercedes...BMW dont make M versions of 3 series hatches...n if not for that kit that cars looks r shunned upon in england

I think I've seen the silver one somewhere on Galle Rd, maybe last July, but it was heading the opposite way so couldn't be sure what model it was. Had slipped my mind until now though I remember thinking it looked brand new at the time... but thanks dude, just wanted to know

I've driven that car.. and tust me its quick!! awesome top end and fantastic breaks- it well worth a buy for anyone who is looking for quick Beemer but cant afford or get get their hands on an M..

1. Jey's M3,

OK, looks like I'ma need to correct that caption. But Shak, that don't look like that hatch to me. U sure its classed as a hatch? That car appears in the last pic of the super car gathering too, and it looks more coupe than hatch. Or is that just the way they have styled it? Coz it actually seems to have a boot.

OK, looks like I'ma need to correct that caption. But Shak, that don't look like that hatch to me. U sure its classed as a hatch? That car appears in the last pic of the super car gathering too, and it looks more coupe than hatch. Or is that just the way they have styled it? Coz it actually seems to have a boot.

It looks like it's called the "3 Series Compact". The car looks just like this

http://www.xgate.kz/Autonews/bmw%203-series%20compact.jpg

This is how some reviewer had put it

Pros: Refined, packed with gizmos, image

Cons: Expensive, ugly, cramped in the back

BMW 3 Compact review

its a hatch for sure dude...it jus has a lil extension midway to confuse ppl...very common thing abroad

shit 600 posts

I've driven that car.. and tust me its quick!! awesome top end and fantastic breaks- it well worth a buy for anyone who is looking for quick Beemer but cant afford or get get their hands on an M..

machan if it is the complete ac schintzer package it will b quick and i luv the wheels on that car...they r famous for tuning V8 E39 5-series

the red hatch is a 325... so it will be quite quick for a small car.. but it's definitely NOT and m3.

only M3s i kinew for sure are Jey's car.. i don't know of any others..

Man, u are definetly giving some sorta treat. 600 already? I don't belive this :)

yea seriously need a treat for this acheivement

• 2 weeks later...

dan's BM is that the yellowish one? that is not an M3. if i'm not mistaken that's a diesel, not sure but not a M3. The other is a Compact (m sport),styling pack, like s-line for audi. The M3 is so much wider at the wheel arches and the side sils and the twin exhaust and that unforgetable engine sound. As far as i know only jey has the 2, the E36 that he crashed and the new E46.

dan's BM is that the yellowish one? that is not an M3. if i'm not mistaken that's a diesel, not sure but not a M3. The other is a Compact (m sport),styling pack, like s-line for audi. The M3 is so much wider at the wheel arches and the side sils and the twin exhaust and that unforgetable engine sound.

the bonnet's got a hump too...true if it dsnt sound like an M3 it isnt one