• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini Vtec Conversion

miniace

• 5 months later...

Wow amazing work guys. Its great to see atleast a bit of a tuner scene going on here.. Anyone know of any other high powered monsters (honda's etc)? Im talking about stock cars that have perfomance mods on em :D

My first question are you from Sri Lanka? If the answer is yes, Then why the hell would you say something like that? havent u seen any tuner monsters in SL?

if the answer is no. Well theres plenty of tuner cars in Sri Lanka. with loads of mods in them. To name a few. Sacha's starlet GT, Riyaz's Skyline, Ashans EVO3, Zakies Integra B20, Theres plenty of cars like that. If you wanna see them all in one place go for the next official drags in Colombo in April

Im from here and honestly i havent seen any proper monsters running around. Seen plenty of fart cannon fitted ricers though :P

Well theres plenty of monsters around town. But i guess all you see is the ricers since u have never been to the drags or the race tracks in SL.

Well theres plenty of monsters around town. But i guess all you see is the ricers since u have never been to the drags or the race tracks in SL.

Yeah probably, gonna be at the drags in april for sure though. Hoping to start a tuner project in a coupla years too, once i start working and stuff :)

Yeah probably, gonna be at the drags in april for sure though. Hoping to start a tuner project in a coupla years too, once i start working and stuff :)

http://www.facebook.com/autolanka?sk=photos check out the pics in the AL facebook page. There are pics from the November drag. U should also watch driving force on MTV sports, u can also watch it on youtube.

Theres plenty of tuned monsters in Sri Lanka. U just gotta know where to look.

Wait...Your're gonna do a tuned car project and yet never been to see a race yet?...or is this one of those 'hoping to in the future" project like Zambo's?

Thanks for the info chooti putha, appreciate it. Masterdon, this is definitely not a "zambo project". I am genuinely interested in the whole " buy a stock car and then uniquely customize" thing and as soon as time and money permits, it will happen :D

Good to hear.Attend a few races man and don't wait for the tuner cars to show up at your doorstep.Seek them out and talk to the owners.Most of them are very nice guys.And don't wait for the money to arrive.All of the genuine petrolheads here started out by haunting the race tracks and garages.it didn't cost much and those experiences paid dividends when we had cars of our own.

• Like 2

Yep nothing like experience, but I'm still studying and all so while I will continue to develop my interest and learn, an actual project is off the table for atleast a few more years.. I gather from another thread that your planning to drop a dodge V8 into something smaller? Do start a thread and keep us posted :D