• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini Vtec Conversion

miniace

Hi Friends!

Its a pleasure to announce that a Sri Lankan carried out a succesfull Honda Type-R Vtec conversion to Mini Minor car.Today the engine was bench run and saturday at an ospicious time the engine will unite with the Mini partner.

The engine was custom tuned by "pit works" before the shipment.The project was on hold for sometime due to the long process of tuning the engine in Japan.

More updates on this will be posted here and these are the first ever pictures published on this expensive and painfully long project!

MINIACE

dsc00122jo5.jpg

dsc00119bq4.jpg

dsc00117id5.jpg

Glad to hear this!!! It’s an exiting news for all SL Mini enthusiasts. Well-done RoadStar guys…

MINIACE, is the front sub frame locally built? Probably she must be running on modified coil springs…

Edited by GMI

Hi Friends!

Its a pleasure to announce that a Sri Lankan carried out a succesfull Honda Type-R Vtec conversion to Mini Minor car.Today the engine was bench run and saturday at an ospicious time the engine will unite with the Mini partner.

The engine was custom tuned by "pit works" before the shipment.The project was on hold for sometime due to the long process of tuning the engine in Japan.

More updates on this will be posted here and these are the first ever pictures published on this expensive and painfully long project!

MINIACE

This is awesome. I was also quite impressed reading up the review on VTEC conversion for the mini. I hear when properly done it can do the 62mph around 5 seconds. Looking at the pictures of the car, I dont see the upgrade to the brakes. You should probably consider the brake upgrade as well... Well done!

This car is going to be a riot! I noticed you have very clinical surroundings (in the reflection!)...good to see what looks like a methodical and organized project. Very keen to see this car on the road.

Best of Luck for Saturday!

seems like B16A.

Some time ago Shan told me this kind of conversion is goin to happen in SL, bt i didnt belive and he told me its B16A Swap, bt if this car Drag it may have a chance to beat Most cars

Edited by GihanFX

This is awesome. I was also quite impressed reading up the review on VTEC conversion for the mini. I hear when properly done it can do the 62mph around 5 seconds. Looking at the pictures of the car, I dont see the upgrade to the brakes. You should probably consider the brake upgrade as well... Well done!

Brakes are upgraded! Front AP racing 4 pot alloy calipers on vented discs and rear got the option for Alloy superfins or KAD discs.Ajith is yet to decide on that.

MINIACE

MINIACE, is the front sub frame locally built? Probably she must be running on modified coil springs…

Front subframe was made in UK to custom specs.Suspensions carry many modifications but all are Mini dedicated aftermarket parts.Will disclose all soon :)

MINIACE

Owner prefers closed circuit racing :D

thats a good 1...v tec rules mate...so whn r u gonna show us the car...mmmm i wonder whts the event this car can run?????..well b18 red tapet cover...man its gonna rock da party...abt 180 bhp????

thats a good 1...v tec rules mate...so whn r u gonna show us the car...mmmm i wonder whts the event this car can run?????..well b18 red tapet cover...man its gonna rock da party...abt 180 bhp????

Presently this car fall to modified specials class coz of the engine swap ! Owner boasts of 190+bhp :o !

MINIACE

thats a good 1...v tec rules mate...so whn r u gonna show us the car...

The combination of Mighty Mini power and Vtec is an explosive combination :)

Debut appearence - the Autolanka fun rally day! (if all go ok! ) :)

MINIACE

Unfortunately there isn't a class in Sri Lanka that can accomodate this car because SL Specials has been a defunct class for two years now. The car/conversion looks hot though.

First,this car is not predestined for competition.Be set to have fast fun drives.

Few more competition based Vtec projects are launched now and the SL Specials will be activated with the intended minimum number entry soon :o ..steps are being taken!!

MINIACE

First,this car is not predestined for competition.Be set to have fast fun drives.

Few more competition based Vtec projects are launched now and the SL Specials will be activated with the intended minimum number entry soon :o ..steps are being taken!!

MINIACE

Does it mean Miniace also in the process of a vtec conversion ?