• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between Cr41, Cr42 & Cr51

gobi

Hi Guys,

What are the differeces between Toyota Townace NOAH CR41, CR42 & CR51. and Which model has the high market. Also mention the market prices for those(for CR41, CR42 & CR51 English No's - .....such as GX-XXXX, PA-XXXX, Unregistered). Some Petrol NOAH's converted to Diesel these days also changes the Reg number, How can we recognise these type of NOAH's. Will it also get the Diesel Noah's Price?.Also Some NOAH's have Crystal Lights, are those different model in NOAH? ......Need Full Explanation.

thanks

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

What are the differeces between Toyota Townace NOAH CR41, CR42 & CR51. and Which model has the high market. Also mention the market prices for those(for CR41, CR42 & CR51 English No's - .....such as GX-XXXX, PA-XXXX, Unregistered). Some Petrol NOAH's converted to Diesel these days also changes the Reg number, How can we recognise these type of NOAH's. Will it also get the Diesel Noah's Price?.Also Some NOAH's have Crystal Lights, are those different model in NOAH? ......Need Full Explanation.

thanks

CR 41 manual 4 door flat roof original diesels are the most sought after. The CR 42 comes with a slightly different front buffer, dashboard and mostly auto.

The GL versions are a bit more plus but always come in auto.

You hardly see the actual Noah version which is the original passenger version with a luxury interior and softer suspension while we usually get the delivery DX versions with seats fitted locally.

The CR 51/52 are 4WD versions. Usually a bit cheaper to buy. But runs of fulltime 4WD.

Unregistered diesel versions are in the range of 3 million.

Converted petrols (KR versions) can be messy depending on how well the conversion was done. I have seen people asking for near original diesel prices but they are pretty hard to sell.

The H/J/PA regd ones make the better buys ranging from around 2-2.3 million considering the earlier numbered ones which would have done a good 150k here go at over 1.7 million

• Like 1

Oki the diffierences

CR41(1996-1997) = 2c(2000CC) engine non efi. Comes in townace and liteace versions. The automatic gear leaver sets near the wiper control. Only difference is the suspension and the front grill.

CR42(1998-2000) = 3C(2200CC) EFI engine. Comes in same versions as CR41. But the front buffer, shell , lights and dashboard are different. The automatic gear leaver sets to the dash board.

KR41 = The same as the CR41 but it has a carb petrol engine.

KR42 = The same as the CR42 but it has a efi petrol engine

CR51 = Same as CR41 but with full time 4WD.

CR52 = Same as CR42 but with full time 4WD.

The Original Noah SR41 = Turbo 3C(2200CC) non EFI engine with better suspension, crstal lights. power shutters, power mirrors, sun roof , Full rear glass, full bucket seats, different dash board , Dual AC, Cluster with a RPM mete.....ETC

SR42 = Same as SR41 but with a 3C intercooler turbo EFI engine. (This engine rocks)

My mechanic back home has done over 70 successful petrol = Diesal conversions. I myself have done a 3C tubo conversion and it rocks. More infor needed let me know.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both..

Hi Vshiznet,

I think we can't buy a Original NOAH(SR41 or SR42) in Srilanka. But Some CR41 & CR42 are running with above accessories as SR series have, So here we are only importing the bodyparts and engines of SR series...? . Also Do SR series comes in petrol versions too..?(with better suspension).And How much will cost to a best diesel conversion. also to convert 3C EFI to 3C intercooler turbo. You mentioned that NOAH also comes in liteace versions, wht r the different in those? is it cheap to buy?. By the way I'am also seeking a Diesel NOAH..But all the mechanics said that NOAH has very poor suspension, So I have no choice in NOAH except SR series.(your opinion please). Also Can I Identify a Diesel Conversion in NoAH (by the Engine no, Reg no or something.....)without having the help of a mechanic.

Need ur advice.

thanks

• Like 1

Thanks to you both..

Hi Vshiznet,

I think we can't buy a Original NOAH(SR41 or SR42) in Srilanka. But Some CR41 & CR42 are running with above accessories as SR series have, So here we are only importing the bodyparts and engines of SR series...? . Also Do SR series comes in petrol versions too..?(with better suspension).And How much will cost to a best diesel conversion. also to convert 3C EFI to 3C intercooler turbo. You mentioned that NOAH also comes in liteace versions, wht r the different in those? is it cheap to buy?. By the way I'am also seeking a Diesel NOAH..But all the mechanics said that NOAH has very poor suspension, So I have no choice in NOAH except SR series.(your opinion please). Also Can I Identify a Diesel Conversion in NoAH (by the Engine no, Reg no or something.....)without having the help of a mechanic.

Need ur advice.

thanks

NO !!!! i have seen 2 here ..... ORIGINAL NOAHs ... white one and cream colour one. they had 2 sunroofs.

There were a couple of SR41's for sale in SL. One petrol one diesal. That suspension rocks man. U can very easily find out if it's a diesal converted by looking at the chassis plate in the engine bay. If it's KR it's petrol if it's CR it's diesal. I happen to bump into a 3C EFi intercool tubro charge engine in a shop. Should be a good conversion to the petrol townace. So look at it this way petrol townace = 1.6Mil + conversion = 0.2mil = 1.8Mil u can have a diesal townace with the book altered. If u want petrol - diesal conversions done i can recommend my mechanic he has done over 70 conversions without any glich.

There were a couple of SR41's for sale in SL. One petrol one diesal. That suspension rocks man. U can very easily find out if it's a diesal converted by looking at the chassis plate in the engine bay. If it's KR it's petrol if it's CR it's diesal. I happen to bump into a 3C EFi intercool tubro charge engine in a shop. Should be a good conversion to the petrol townace. So look at it this way petrol townace = 1.6Mil + conversion = 0.2mil = 1.8Mil u can have a diesal townace with the book altered. If u want petrol - diesal conversions done i can recommend my mechanic he has done over 70 conversions without any glich.

hap i need a kr 42 petrol engine pls let me know of the mechanic or an engine tnx :angry-smiley-048:

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I have planned to put a Original Gas Conversion for a Townace KR42 Petrol,2001 model. But it's over 140K on clock. Is it possible to do the conversion on this engine? or will cause any problem on engine. And How much will cost to do a Original Gas Conversion(Cylinder Type).& Where?

Pls reply.

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:32 AM, Mohammed Farhaz said:

Can a TOYOTA townace CR41 steering rack fit in CR51?

Different, Turning circles are different to accommodate the CV joints