• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats A Reliable Hdd 4 Pc?

no the power supplies just left SL today. there was an issue couriering it.. so it will be sometime next week when the results come...

Ooohh... Is it going outside of the island? I thought the labs are here in SL, anyway no hurry machan, let me know when you get it, Thanks for the reply :D

Ooohh... Is it going outside of the island? I thought the labs are here in SL, anyway no hurry machan, let me know when you get it, Thanks for the reply :D

yeah the testing is being done at intel india (in bangalore) so it will be a while

what psu brand do u think best then???

if i got a 450w psu it will at least have 350w+ no??

Guys,

there is something that most of you guys don't know, I am sure all of you are familiar with the brand called mercury, quite a popular case in SL,

What most people don't know is some of these mercury's came with DEER branded power supplies, not mercury or kobian and the only way you could say this is by looking at the PSU model which starts with DR not KB, it was DR300 or 350 or something,

The DEER power supply is an intel approved power supply, which as the kobian / mercury ones are not, and at that time apart from the AOPEN ones there were no other intel approved power supplies to my knowledge.

but this is 2002 i am sure things have moved on since then,

The Don

so is Aopen psu are aproved by intel??

Hi,

Some, there is a list on the intel website of power supplies approved by intel for a particular line of processors, consult that list to see if the PSU you are planning on buying is in it

Regards,

The Don

intel recommends quite a few PSU's but the problem locally is tat you can get any sticker pasted onthe power supplies. so it's not legitimate labelling. this is why we are doing the tests on random "fast moving" models.

if this fails, we will enable our disti to locally stock proper PSU. will keep you guys informed on the power supply results.

farzan, I think you havent got the results yet, because im sure if you got the result you will post it.

so can you please tell us which psu's did you sent for test (models and max power) ??

( i'm in a hurry to get one, and you said 2/3 have passed, so i have 2/3 chance to get a passed psu no ??? ha ha :rolleyes: )

i have the results...but i'm wondering it it is good to post on a public forum which is good and which isn't.... send me and email with which you are consdering and i'll tell u to go for it or not...

Hi Fuzzo,

I am curious about the results too, if you don't mind could you drop me an email too at,

[email protected]

Regards,

The Don

i have the results...but i'm wondering it it is good to post on a public forum which is good and which isn't.... send me and email with which you are consdering and i'll tell u to go for it or not...

Fuzzo, Machan, Don't forget me machan, I was the one who asked you first..lol..

I had seriously been waiting for the results machan...

Please send it to..

[email protected]

Thanks in advance..