• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning Light

yisaam

Question

20 answers to this question

Hmmm. Are you really sure?

I can't recall driving with dangerously low pressure so I'm not sure if it's working or dead. I'm assuming there has to be some sort of sensor in the wheel to detect this? I've changed wheels and I'm very sure there aren't any wires or any connections, it's all very simple.

Also, it's just a basic Corolla ney; tire pressure monitor sounds a bit hi-fi.

Hmmm. Are you really sure?

I can't recall driving with dangerously low pressure so I'm not sure if it's working or dead. I'm assuming there has to be some sort of sensor in the wheel to detect this? I've changed wheels and I'm very sure there aren't any wires or any connections, it's all very simple.

Also, it's just a basic Corolla ney; tire pressure monitor sounds a bit hi-fi.

milindu is correct...that sign indicates low Tyre Pressure

Tyre pressure it is then! Thanks all.

when you have low tire pressure indicators there is a sensor for each wheel mounted behind the valve assembly, so it has nothing to do with ABS.

tirepressureix6.th.gif

Madz, any idea if your wheels have such sensors?

Well I haven't noticed any sensors on the wheel itself ..but few months ago it did indicated once when one of my tyre had low pressure....then only i also got to know that it indicates low tyre presure...later i got confirmed it by Ducan.

Actually the first time it indicated there wasn't any noticeable pressure drop in the tyre...those days that sign used to pops up and goes time to time....after few days when i notice that one tyre had low pressure i took the car to a tyre repair shop and found out that a nail had gone through the tire !!! hehe

After repairing the tyre that sign never came back... :)

Hey Madz!

Any idea about how it works bro? I mean, does the light switch on if the pressures below the normal pressure level or when it is somewhat flat? I mean, if you change the tyres from stock to another type, there is a variance in the tyre pressure of each type of tyre yeah?

Zz

Hey Madz!

Any idea about how it works bro? I mean, does the light switch on if the pressures below the normal pressure level or when it is somewhat flat? I mean, if you change the tyres from stock to another type, there is a variance in the tyre pressure of each type of tyre yeah?

Zz

sorry I cannot remember the URL for where I found this information, but what I remember is that there is an electronic circuit that transmit a signal to a central control unit inside the car. The transmitter unit is mounted behind the valve inside of the rim. and it uses a small battery to work, which the site said will last around 10 years. The transmitter has a signature too so that you will not get signals off any other vehicles. low pressure level was 26PSI if I remember it right (for cars?)

so as a result if you run on your spare tire (the small one) the warning light will still on.

6208 is talking about Tire pressure monitoring systems like this http://lff.en.alibaba.com/product/50252856...tor_System.html but as far as I know not much Toyota came with these equipments, except high class vehicles and European cars. K***park sell these around 25K.

in our car the inidicater was only lit when a tire had very low tire pressure (might not working correctly <_< ).

6208 is talking about Tire pressure monitoring systems like this http://lff.en.alibaba.com/product/50252856...tor_System.html but as far as I know not much Toyota came with these equipments, except high class vehicles and European cars. K***park sell these around 25K.

in our car the inidicater was only lit when a tire had very low tire pressure (might not working correctly <_< ).

sorry I wasn't taking about an after market unit, it was either Toyota or a Mazda technical guide I was reading. How can I upload a .pdf in this site?

i think AE110 Corolla L grade also got that.

once it was on @ our car, then we found tire had low pressure then i thougt it was "Check engine" lamp first :):P

WOw who thought dear old AE110 got such things :D

Edited by Buddhika M H

On 7/16/2007 at 10:06 PM, Buddhika M H said:

i think AE110 Corolla L grade also got that.

once it was on @ our car, then we found tire had low pressure then i thougt it was "Check engine" lamp first :):P

WOw who thought dear old AE110 got such things :D

Yes AE110 Corolla L grade has a tire pressure system working along with ABS system .
Do you know how to reset this warning after inflating tires? :(

Once the tire pressure is restored the alarm should disappear after a short drive. If it does not get the car scanned for error codes. It could be due to a bad wheel speed sensor. You can clean the front wheel sensors but not the rear ones.