• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Traffic Police

noaim

Traffic Police  

31 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion:

• Traffic police in junctions causes traffic jams
    • Traffic police in junctions eases traffic flow
    • I dont see traffic police in any junction

Yesterday after I turned from Main road (Havelock Rd.) to my office (waited till the incoming traffic to clear), a cop came to my office parking lot and asked me “do you know why there’s a roundabout?” I was wondering what’s going on and asked him “why are you asking that question” he repeated the same question... I somewhat got pissed off and said I’m not bound to answer his questions. Then he asked for my DL. I firmly said NO, until you tell me what’s the offence, He got down my vehicle no and the saw him checking the rev. licence no. At that point I was really pissed off and said to my security guard hereafter don’t allow any of these bustards to park in our parking lot... not even when it’s raining. Some times they used to park their cop bikes in our parking lot, when they’re on duty, or off for a snack or something. He was then coming to explain the situ. I said to get out of my office area and do whatever he can.

Then the regular senior police officer (who is a gentleman and with commonsense) came to the scene and asked him what happened. And told the other cop to let it go, and spoke to me in a nice manner and told me not to take it serious.

I mean some cops are really dumb, all these trishaw & Bus drivers do what ever at their will. And these buggers just keep quite, and when we do something, they make it a big scene, just to take a bribe.

On the topic of the cops at traffic lights.... Some are really helping the traffic to ease, but some dumb cops make the situation worsen and run around like their a*s is on fire. So it’s the individual I guess. And these lady traffic cops mostly really dumb, sometimes they just jump on to the incoming traffic near yellow crossings and ask you to stop (Mostly in Galle Rd from Col 04 to Col 03). One day one of them might get killed run over by a vehicle, or could cause an accident.

These cops should really get their commonsense sorted out first. Be practical and use their brains in situations.

SOME cops are really good at what they’re doing.... but most of them are NOT.

Yesterday after I turned from Main road (Havelock Rd.) to my office (waited till the incoming traffic to clear), a cop came to my office parking lot and asked me “do you know why there’s a roundabout?” I was wondering what’s going on and asked him “why are you asking that question” he repeated the same question... I somewhat got pissed off and said I’m not bound to answer his questions. Then he asked for my DL. I firmly said NO, until you tell me what’s the offence, He got down my vehicle no and the saw him checking the rev. licence no. At that point I was really pissed off and said to my security guard hereafter don’t allow any of these bustards to park in our parking lot... not even when it’s raining. Some times they used to park their cop bikes in our parking lot, when they’re on duty, or off for a snack or something. He was then coming to explain the situ. I said to get out of my office area and do whatever he can.

Then the regular senior police officer (who is a gentleman and with commonsense) came to the scene and asked him what happened. And told the other cop to let it go, and spoke to me in a nice manner and told me not to take it serious.

I mean some cops are really dumb, all these trishaw & Bus drivers do what ever at their will. And these buggers just keep quite, and when we do something, they make it a big scene, just to take a bribe.

On the topic of the cops at traffic lights.... Some are really helping the traffic to ease, but some dumb cops make the situation worsen and run around like their a*s is on fire. So it’s the individual I guess. And these lady traffic cops mostly really dumb, sometimes they just jump on to the incoming traffic near yellow crossings and ask you to stop (Mostly in Galle Rd from Col 04 to Col 03). One day one of them might get killed run over by a vehicle, or could cause an accident.

These cops should really get their commonsense sorted out first. Be practical and use their brains in situations.

SOME cops are really good at what they’re doing.... but most of them are NOT.

Welcome to Sri Lanka dude! lol! sit back relax and enjoy life!

another thing that really grinds my gears? seeing a traffic cop in the middle of a pavement in the centre of the road (NOT at a junction) waving his arms like a mad man in the forward motion, the direction the vehicles have to move ANYWAY! i mean, wtf?? he's better off rowin a boat or somethin if he really needs to work on his arms, his brain is of no use on the road anyway. whew! its all abt insufficient trainin dude, true most of em are 'naturally' dumb but it all comes down to the responsibility of the country's government at the end of the day.

absolutely no use talkin abt it, so i suggest we all have a good laugh over the whole thing :D

Have a good friday the 13th guys!

Cheers!

a cop came to my office parking lot and asked me “do you know why there’s a roundabout?”

Dumb queries should be responded with baffling replies! Next time tell the impractical cop, roundabouts are there to practice drifting after midnight :action-smiley-060: and all through daytime, for dumb handlers to practice the subdivision “how to make motorists’ life miserable” ! :angry-smiley-048:

MINIACE