• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Traffic Police

noaim

Traffic Police  

31 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion:

• Traffic police in junctions causes traffic jams
    • Traffic police in junctions eases traffic flow
    • I dont see traffic police in any junction

haha monamonu now this is a good topic to discuss !!! I also noticed that most of time when traffic police in a junctions it causes lot of unnecessary traffic jams ! having said that some times there are situations where it works other way round too..but that is very few :rolleyes:

And further, when theres a traffic cop & the traffic signal is also working do we go with the cop or the signal? Cos sometimes they go there different ways! :lol:

well in this situation we dont have much choice dont we....should go with cop :D

i'm sorry to say that traffic cops in sl always end up pissing me off! and i really mean ALWAYS! of course, u get the nice ones, u get the stubborn ones but from wht i've come across, they are all slow, dumb/retarded most of the times, MOST enjoy 'makin a mountain out of a mole' and MOST have ego issues! maybe its not their fault, maybe they have insufficient training, maybe its the way they are brought and treated at the police force, who knows?? at the end of the day, its the common man/citizen of the country that has to suffer, which is always the case in our Lassana Sri Lanka!

haha monamonu now this is a good topic to discuss !!! I also noticed that most of time when traffic police in a junctions it causes lot of unnecessary traffic jams ! having said that some times there are situations where it works other way round too..but that is very few :rolleyes:

I feel if they are to have traffic police@ junctions they should train them. Most of them dont have a clue what they r doing, they wait till the entire flow grid locks on 1 side & expects the other's to squeeze thru. horrible mess they make.

What really causes traffic problems in this country are the big Ashok Leyland buses. Seriously. They're almost double the width of the old Mitsubishi Rosas and when they stop for passengers, NOTHING can get past them. If you observe traffic patterns near bus stops you'll see what I mean.

Another reason is some color Lights, speciall Bellanwilla Junction one, if u use to that color light u know to select lanes bt if u a newcomer u are in real trouble selecting the Lane,

And sometimes i have Seen Traffic Cops at Dehiwela junction, and they giving directions ? so whats the use of clor Lights ?

And sometimes i have Seen Traffic Cops at Dehiwela junction, and they giving directions ? so whats the use of clor Lights ?

Cops don't work in the rain. U have to think of these things before asking this type of question.

Thing is, most of the time they mess things up, but how many times have u got caught to a light, with no traffic in sight and still can't go? A cop to wave u thru would be useful in that case, but useful cops are hard to find.

There is no need cops to give directions when there is a color Light

Thats the reverse of ur earlier statement that color lights are redundant coz there are cops. U need to make up your mind, and stick to a point of view.

In my personnel opinion I strongly belive that cops are the real and biggest traffic jam creators. Very simply the greatest motoring nuisance.

MINIACE

i hate sl cops....99% of the time all they evr do is mess things up n' keep bribe hunting..... :angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024: blady idiots copped me yesterday.....for 74 on da a9....when da road was virtually empty....n' dey cheekily...aggreed to let me go for a 550/- fake 'fine'(bribe) cos dey ddnt even giv me a ticket.....

here's an idea..fit a backfirin exhaust to our cars...n' giv them sum flames....evrytime one stands behinds us......hehe...

evidence of our cops dumbness: i got copped on da way returnin after installin ma beat barrel.......n' da cop thought ma old silencer which i had jus taken off, had fallen off ma car while i was drivin....

Edited by speeddemon200

i hate sl cops....99% of the time all they evr do is mess things up n' keep bribe hunting..... :angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-024: blady idiots copped me yesterday.....for 74 on da a9....when da road was virtually empty....n' dey cheekily...aggreed to let me go for a 550/- fake 'fine'(bribe) cos dey ddnt even giv me a ticket.....

here's an idea..fit a backfirin exhaust to our cars...n' giv them sum flames....evrytime one stands behinds us......hehe...

evidence of our cops dumbness: i got copped on da way returnin after installin ma beat barrel.......n' da cop thought ma old silencer which i had jus taken off, had fallen off ma car while i was drivin....

FACT; 85% of traffic cops do not have a driving license !!!! so what is there knowledge of road rules. some of them signal you to move sideways! as they have no clue to how a car works,minimum breaking distances is another issue.. they think a car stops when they put their hand up :action-smiley-060:.

Heh.

cops once stopped me for stopping at a red light

Asked me why I stopped, I pointed out the light... Apparantly they wanted me to barrel thru it when it was orange -> red so they could give me a ticket or something

Anyway they looked at my licence, thought a bit, and gave it back. (Apparantly their charge sheet doesnt have an option for someone who stops at a red light)

(Note: cop wasn't waving people thru..

what to do...

Back on topic: Cops are useful in heavy traffic - sometimes they improve the situation. Of course most motorists don't like them as they can't do the more obvious illegal antics when they are around.. but for the average law abiding motorist (ya, all 3 of em) cops at traffic lights are somewhat useful.

Of course there are many situations where they just make things slow

Edited by Saturn

Thats the reverse of ur earlier statement that color lights are redundant coz there are cops. U need to make up your mind, and stick to a point of view.

What i want to say is, there are no need of cops if there is Traffic Lights, maybe u misunderstood because of my Typing mistake, and some ppl only know to find Mistakes

cops... i don't see a point they're being on the roads.. today while i was driving towards colombo along the cops full of galle rd and there was a reckless and filthy private bus driver who drove like nuts 'n insane blocking all the traffic occupying both the lanes and not giving way when I honked. hardly managed to escape from a collision twice and once a cop has seen but no actions against the bus.. called 119 twice and informed them. wonder what action they took..

What i want to say is, there are no need of cops if there is Traffic Lights, maybe u misunderstood because of my Typing mistake, and some ppl only know to find Mistakes

If u don't want ur mistakes pointed out, make an effort not to make mistakes. Remember this is a forum with an international audience, not just a gathering of friends in a bar, even if lots of us have met each other. U wanna keep on making mistakes? Not a great life philosophy.

And as for the actual point, u say there is no need of cops at traffic lights. The counter is,

how many times have u got caught to a red light, with no traffic in sight and still can't go? A cop to wave u thru would be useful in that case

Its what I replied earlier. U might have noticed if u weren't so busy trying to be a rebel, and whining about what is basically, ur mistake.

If u don't want ur mistakes pointed out, make an effort not to make mistakes. Remember this is a forum with an international audience, not just a gathering of friends in a bar, even if lots of us have met each other. U wanna keep on making mistakes? Not a great life philosophy.

And as for the actual point, u say there is no need of cops at traffic lights. The counter is,

Its what I replied earlier. U might have noticed if u weren't so busy trying to be a rebel, and whining about what is basically, ur mistake.

Yes Mistakes will Hapend, and Ill do my best to Correct Them, Some ppl try to correct others Mistakes bt some try to Find others mistakes and laugh

About the Rebel thing, I have been a member of most Sri lankan and one or Two Internation Forums, So i dnt see whay u geting Exited abt it , And as i know there is no Rule in AL, We cant Join other Forums,

Depends on the occasion, depends on the type of copper too.. today while driving towards greenpath, there was a cop in front and another cop onto the right side of the junction.. the one in front asked me to come while the come on the right asked traffic on his side to start moving forwards.. if i would have taken his cue, there would definitely have been some serious consequences.. too many cooks spoil the broth..

I d say that the traffic lights, if synchronized correctly based on time, would do a far better job in handling the traffic.. though in exceptional circumstances such as the road being blocked etc. coppers would obviously be of great need to control the traffic..

And for some reason, i dont think that coppers have anything called ethics and ethical behaviour. Example being that you park in a no-parking zone as it being an emergency only to find out that this dude is writing out a ticket.. no matter how hard to you try explaining, all is in vain. Situations like these where there is a dire need to "break" the law should be understood rather than it being forced down the necks of innocent people..

Zz

cops...my favourite people...NOT!

the other day i was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on baseline road. the road was completely blocked with rush hour traffic and what do you see but one of our jobless pathetic copper friends on the island pointing his speed gun at vehicles.

was he hoping to cop drivers for going at 10KM/H? moron!

Yes Mistakes will Hapend, and Ill do my best to Correct Them, Some ppl try to correct others Mistakes bt some try to Find others mistakes and laugh

About the Rebel thing, I have been a member of most Sri lankan and one or Two Internation Forums, So i dnt see whay u geting Exited abt it , And as i know there is no Rule in AL, We cant Join other Forums,

Well dude, u ought to know by now, I don't point out mistakes to laugh at people.

And I didn't mention anything about any other forums. I haven't got excited about it. And no, there is no restriction from AL about joining.

Hi Guy's,

Well My opinion is that the Sri Lankan Traffic Cops don't have proper training & Some of them have not seated for their O/L examinations too... Most of the time they create traffic at a junction, But I have to say sometimes they ease up traffic when it's jammed, Well I asked one of my uncle's who was a former IGP about this cops makes traffic jams!!! Well he said cops get to a Junction or a Traffic light Junction one they get to know there's a jam!!! Well i didn't believe him at all...lol!!!

Hey MADS, by the way two weeks ago on Saturday night the Poya Day I was stopped by Narahenpita Traffic OIC (The big Tall Guy) at around 10pm near Apollo Hospital Junction. He asked me weather I was drunk & when I said no, he bought it. Then he requested me that he needs to check the car & once I opened the boot it was full of empty packets of Bite's, Tissues & empty cups!!! I was caught red handed!!! Well I was on the way home from a Street Party & we had White Label Arrack!!! Hmmmm I tried my best to get away & I also asked one PC weather I could give them something!!! Well the PC replied saying because I got caught to the Traffic OIC that I have no chance!!! Three cops got into the car & they drove me to Narahenpita cop shed near milk board & they explained me how the test tube attached the balloon changes in to Green colour if your drunk!!! So I started blowing the balloon slowly pumping air from outside my mouth, well I blew half of the balloon & gave it to the cop & he wanted me to blow it to maximum size, I started blowing slowly & once it was full I opened my eyes for a surprise!!! THE DAMN THING HAS NOT CHANGED THE COULUR AT ALL!!! & I WAS STILL FEELING HIGH!!! The cop was surprised & was showing it to all the cops around him!!! Few minutes later the Traffic OIC came & he was surprised too!!! They were really pissed with me & asked me to sit outside!!! (If anyone blow's the Balloon & if it doesn’t change colour the Cop station has to pay the Cost $$$$ of the Tube & Balloon to the government) Oh man that was the very first balloon I blowed, & it failed to catch me... So what was the Cause, I was really high at that time, was it my luck???, or was it DCSL White Label Arrack??? or an expired Test tube??? Hmmmm I really don't know!!! Anyway I had to be seated outside for 15 minutes & a PC came out to me with my ID Card & License & said "WERY SORRY SIR FOR THE INCONVENIOUNCE CAUSED" I was laughing my guts out & again went to in to say good bye to the OIC & I said "I TOLD YOU THAT I WAS NOT DRUNK" He was DEAD PISSED with me & said "SORRY SIR" Oh man that was one of the happiest moments of my life...lol!!! Hmmmm So that was my Official Debut "BLOW JOB" Guys!!! Well I have to say that I enjoyed it very much!!!...lol