• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volkswagen Beetle

Supra_Natural

Yep bro had a good look around ur ride, brilliant machang. In fact I saw only the pics after it was completed but physically saw it last Sunday, worth the effort machang. Even Anthony's VW is in pretty good condition I guess ah :rolleyes:.

Cheers

Yea.. i'm glad that i met you on that day. well my bug is at mercy of Lionel for full restoration and i'm pretty sure he will do a great job like Sajiv's. I'm going to change the col also to the original L620, Savanna beige.

Machan Sajiv, i'm going to have the gas burner wheels, like the one i showed you earlier. only headache is how to get it down to SL. :unsure: ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea.. i'm glad that i met you on that day. well my bug is at mercy of Lionel for full restoration and i'm pretty sure he will do a great job like Sajiv's. I'm going to change the col also to the original L620, Savanna beige.

Machan Sajiv, i'm going to have the gas burner wheels, like the one i showed you earlier. only headache is how to get it down to SL. :unsure: ...

Hey bro cool to hear from you B)

Well I visited Lionel last Wednesday to pick my ride & by then he had already started work on your VW.

The chasis was removed & guess he already had started work on the body.

This weekend I am really tied up but hopefully will try to get u some updated pics by next weekend machang B)

I am confident that Lionel will do a fantastic workout on ur ride.

@Sajiv : tks for the lead machang, he did a pretty good job on my recent project. I like his calmness & expertise.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

thought it would be a 4 door...the behind looks quite cramped..isn't it. :huh:

http://www.google.lk/search?q=vw+beetle&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=wgGwTYW2KoP1sgadqajoCw&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=813

How many 4 door cars do you see?

Not really doing much to change my opinion of you. :rolleyes:

really.....what needs to be done your majesty....you really cant get into a decent conversation with me cant you ? :D

Since when did beetles come with 4 doors :rolleyes:

that is why i used the word "THOUGHT" :rolleyes:

there were some beetles that came during the very last stages of production , never became popular though. and besides don't production models change?

post-2967-087104000 1303408450_thumb.jpg

Edited by rameez

that is why i used the word "THOUGHT" :rolleyes:

there were some beetles that came during the very last stages of production , never became popular though. and besides don't production models change?

post-2967-087104000 1303408450_thumb.jpg

Wrong.

The beetle was always a 2 door car. Volkswagen NEVER produced a 4 door production version themselves. The picture you've posted is a conversion of some kind.

Therefore, since the New Beetle has always been a retro homage to the original, it makes sense that it's a 2 door. The point of this model is not practicality after all, it's just a style statement.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Wrong.

The beetle was always a 2 door car. Volkswagen NEVER produced a 4 door production version themselves. The picture you've posted is a conversion of some kind.

Therefore, since the New Beetle has always been a retro homage to the original, it makes sense that it's a 2 door. The point of this model is not practicality after all, it's just a style statement.

supra,

i agree ... the beetle was never a 4 door car...however way back in 1985 i remember one of my uncles using one which had 4 doors and also the windows could be opened on the behind doors.he was in nigeria and as you say maybe would have been country specific or even modified,.. i cant verify since he is no more :D

supra,

i agree ... the beetle was never a 4 door car...however way back in 1985 i remember one of my uncles using one which had 4 doors and also the windows could be opened on the behind doors.he was in nigeria and as you say maybe would have been country specific or even modified,.. i cant verify since he is no more :D

Ahh must have made them under license or something

So what exactly happened to the beetle ?

Ahh must have made them under license or something

So what exactly happened to the beetle ?

no idea machang...may be would have been scrapped by now.......africa was a heaven for beetles, and he had a 1500cc version with black dashboard interior.

• 2 months later...

This original post should never die, just like the lovely beetle. i have two questions from VW experts/enthusiasts.

1. Where is this Lionel guy?

2. Can we import an old beetle under some 'classic' car category?

I had three children. [3vw's] Want one again. As the first step just bought 'how to keep your VW alive' book. Very interesting reading.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, sorry to be bumping this old thread but I have a question to ask.

I own a 1967 Volkswagen beetle and my car has this consistant "whisling" sound from the exhaust, almost similar to a kettle's whisle when its boiling water.

What could be the cause of this? I checked many youtube videos and in every video i saw of 67 beetles, the sound is a lot different from the exhaust and there is no "whisle" sound.

a lot of people commented that that sound is not normal for a beetle when i asked, then again I thought it cant be because when i took the car to the garage i was told that the noise is perfectly normal and its the "unique" beetle exhaust sound. i have heard the same whisling sound from other beetles aswell, can someone tell if this is a common problem in Sri lankan beetles ? :D or theres a problem with the engine?

Edited by ABR