• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Best Battery Ah Size?

Kasuncp

Question

23 answers to this question

Is their any harm, if i put a 50Ah Battery?

Hi,

I don't think you would be doing any harm in fitting a 50 or 60 Ah battery.

However, if you're planning on fitting any additional electrical equipment capable of drawing those 60 amps, you'll need to re-look at your wiring, fuses and switchgear to make sure that they can stand the higher current. If not they would probably overheat or melt under the heavier load.

My Car is a FORD Festiva. 1300CC, AC, PS, What's the Best Ah Rang for the Car? If i use 50Ah or 60Ah is it good for the car? what's the recommended Battery Ah for a Car?

Regards,

Kasun

I think for petrol car 35 or 40 would do. Connecting high Ah rated battery wont do any harm unless you ready to pay and you have enaugh space fix it. You need a bigger space for high AH battery as they are large. But make sure you fix the voltage. If you apply a high voltage it will be a problem. Having a 50 or 60 AH will not give you a any advantage unless you have a huge current requirement to cater any additional items.

Thanks Guys for the Information. Will it Increase my Car Performance? Is the AC Take Current from the Battery? Because When I Switch on the AC My RPM Is going down. Is this because of the Week Battery?

Thanks & Regards,

Kasun

Thanks Guys for the Information. Will it Increase my Car Performance? Is the AC Take Current from the Battery? Because When I Switch on the AC My RPM Is going down. Is this because of the Week Battery?

Thanks & Regards,

Kasun

Hi

AH is just a capacity rating, capacity is a product of voltage x current x time. For a given voltage, the higher the Ah, the more capacity of delivering power (VxI). This will only help if your running extra electrical components simultaneously. The reason your rpm goes down when u turn on the AC is the compressor taps into the mechanical power of the engine itself. There is some electrical energy used in blower fans etc. but thats nothing compared to the power drawn by the compressor. Unless you use an electrical motor to assist the engine in driving the compressor, having a higher capacity batt would not help.

mechanical energy analogy of a battery: Think of a battery as a bucket with a hole on the bottom and water filled to 12 inches, getting a higher capacity battery is the same as going for a larger bucket as long as the height of the water is the same from the bottom (12"). As long as you don't increase the height, the water is not under extra pressure (ie constant V). The only diff is there is more water to use therefore you can increase the size of the hole on the bottom (increase A) or use it for longer (h)

If you were having starting issues, then you need to pay attention to the cold-crank-amps that can be delivered by a battery. This is the current needed to turn the starter motor every morning. Just because a batt is 36VAh (ie can deliver 3 amps for an hour at 12 Volts) it can't deliver 3x3600 Amps for a second. The inner components would not be able to bare such a load. This is where you need to pay attention to the cold-cranking amps of a battery.

Hope this helps

-Harinda

Edited by dhp

Thanks a lot Harinda, I Didnt Drive my Car for about 3 weeks cos I was not at Home. After that only My Battery Went off. I manage to Start my car after a Push. Then I went about 10 KM. After that also I cant start my car. Again have to Push for Start. Will it OK If i Charg the Battery or Do I have to Take a new Battery. If Im going for a New one, hoping to go for a 50Ah.

Regards,

Kasun

When you switched on the AC engine RPM should be increased. If it is not you should have check your engines tune. It will not depend on the battery. It is advisable to keep your car in original condition. Check with manufactures manual for the appropriate battery model for your car.

As well as check your battery charging system. Try to keep it also original factory fitted condition.

Edited by Nilantha

[Will it OK If i Charg the Battery or Do I have to Take a new Battery]

3 weeks is a long time for a battery to sit alone and die a slow death...especially if it's an older battery...

Most probably a re-charge won't bring it back to life though it might restore the battery for a few minutes of good performance only to die again later...

If the battery is old...cells are not in the best of shape etc...better to go for a new one unless you enjoy regular exercise jump starting the car :)

If the battery was charging fine prior to the 3 week sit-in at the garage....i would assume that your charging system is fine.

Hi guys! I can see some wrong advices being posted.For a battery with additional 20-50Ah of manufacturer specified doesnt need any alteration in car electrical sysytem.No harm for alternator or the complete system but will have to face the huge price difference on purchase or some alterations to the support brackets.

MINIACE

Thanks a lot Harinda, I Didnt Drive my Car for about 3 weeks cos I was not at Home. After that only My Battery Went off. I manage to Start my car after a Push. Then I went about 10 KM. After that also I cant start my car. Again have to Push for Start. Will it OK If i Charg the Battery or Do I have to Take a new Battery. If Im going for a New one, hoping to go for a 50Ah.

Regards,

Kasun

You might have to have the battery tested. You can try driving the car during day time for a few days to see if batt will hold the charge and maybe have it hooked to a charger overnight. In future, if you leave the car sitting for a long time, have a charger or another car give the batt a charge/jump before you attempt to crank the engine for the first time. that way, you wont drain the battery beyond recovery..

If your battery is old Im sure thats lifeless now and cells spoiled afar from revamp after a prolonged dead period.Only hope is an overnight external full charge.If the trouble exist after that ,you've attained a thousand Rupee lesson of resting a battery.Good luck mate !

MINIACE

Thanks guys.... Im hoping to buy a new battery, cos I think its a old one cos I took the car 2 years ago. so now it's the time to go for a new battery. I Can Buy a New 50Ah Battery for about Rs. 3500 because my Cousin is Assembling batteries hear. So I can Buy a New 50Ah battery for that much. that's why i thought to go for a 50Ah Battery.

Regards,

Kasun

My Cousin have a Battery Company. He is Making Batteries Hear and The Name of the Battery is "Primire". With Warranty. Im getting the battery for his Cost. Today Im getting the battery from him. in the evening have to fix to my car.

Regards,

Kasun

My Cousin have a Battery Company. He is Making Batteries Hear and The Name of the Battery is "Primire". With Warranty. Im getting the battery for his Cost. Today Im getting the battery from him. in the evening have to fix to my car.

Got it now .thanks!

MINIACE

I Fixed a 60Ah Battery. The Performance is better than Earlier. Thanks everyone for the support given.

Regards,

Kasun

How exactly does it improve performance? do you mean the car goes faster or accelarates faster? :blink::unsure:

Keen on knowing on HOW this is achieved

Thanks for the Help. Now My RMP Issue is reduce a lot. My Mecanic told it was a Electrical Fault. IT Have Reduce a lot now. Dont Know why, Those Days I Can go with AC anyware. The Engine Stops. Now The RPM Issue is OK. My Mecanic look at the Electronic Choke. It was not working well. He told that i may have to replace the Choke. But after i put a Highet Ah Battery its Reduce a lot.

Regards,

Kasun