• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reasons To Own An Ambassador

yisaam

had a ambassador classic in the company for 2 yrs finally sold it for 8 lakhs with 70,000kms on the clock

3 days running & 2 days in the garage :violent-smiley-030:

anyway very hardy car .

how much did you'll buy it for machan?

was it that bad??? i've been told that are very reliabel and very robust. that's why they are used as taxi in India a lot

The indian taxi drivers improvise and do their own running repairs using everything from turbans, slippers to harpins..... :)

ride comfort is crap in these unless the newer models are better...

I was in Mumbai once for 7days on a shoot and did a lot of running around in these taxis and they were very uncomfortable... Driver was really cramped in behind the wheel and to make things worse they are worse than sl drivers...

The body must be pretty hardy though....especially since you will take a few bumps from other cars along the way in almost every drive you take...

I personally won't get one of these even if they give it to me FOC :angry-smiley-048:

11. INSANITY,

12. BEING TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH WITH TIME,

13. BEING PARTIALLY BLIND,

14. NEVER DRIVEN OR OWNED A CAR BEFORE, ONLY TRACTORS,

15. BEING A CERTIFIED MASOCIST! :D

right on bro :angry-smiley-048:

I could never figure out why they brought this tin can to SL...what the hell were they thinking.

Oh i forgot...they were not thinking hence the launch was a total failure :)

was it that bad??? i've been told that are very reliabel and very robust. that's why they are used as taxi in India a lot

i think other than the general problems , the local agent was more responsble for it

when the car hav done about 15,000kms, the left front tire broke from the ball joint while parking near the office ( believe me driver didnt hit any bump or pavement ) excuse unimo gave was the thread was not strong enough, so need to modify & finally it was fixed ( luckly it was under warranty )

rims were not strong enough after few thousand km's of runing coudnt keep allinment as every 5,00kms need to balance the wheels , original tire set lasted only about 15,000 - 20,000kms finally put a nice 15" HONDA set of alloys with the "H" in the middle to show it is original HINDUSTAN :rolleyes:

agents were bragging alot about thye body saying it was 18 guage steel & wont corrrode, however after about 1.5yrs of running , we had to do tinkering in the boot, under the doors etc.

it was very very strong, once one of our drivers went & hit a nissan sunny from behind not even a scatch in the buffer , but nissan sunny the back was fully gone.

again aout less than 40,00kms the servo went dead & agents were quoting 25grand for the servo but no gurantee

ignation switch, universal joints, water going inside the boot , were few small small things

the best thing is when you switch on the radio the temp meter goes to 3/4 :rolleyes:

engine was very very smooth for diesel & fuel consumption was also good colombo 12km/ltr - 13kms/ltr

gear box was no difference to the TATA 909 bus & if female passenger is going in the front seat, there are bonuses when shifting back to 1st :ninja:

yes the back seat was quite comfotable, with a handrest in the middle & headrests.

finally the car was bought by a very rich gentleman who lives around borralla as his 3rd car for PRESTIGE :angry-smiley-048: