• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pro Kart

madmax

Any one know where I can buy a 4 stroke Pro kart, an entry level one? New or re-con, and what sort of price am I looking at?

a tad OT, but madmax, do you by some chane know where the pro-kart track in battaramulla is? i have been asking everyon i know in battramulla about it, but on-one seems to know...

Any one know where I can buy a 4 stroke Pro kart, an entry level one? New or re-con, and what sort of price am I looking at?

This begs the question: where are you going to drive it? The MIT campus? That should be a lot of fun. There are a few around that I know of, and it shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of one.

It's near Palawatta, near the Budadhasa stadium, it's where we've been having the Modifest, time attack and so many more events. You've been outta the country way too long.

aahh! that place! thanks man! you wouldnt hape to know how much the rates are there, would you? :)

since i'm back in SL for the holidays was tinking of going there this wekeend!

This begs the question: where are you going to drive it? The MIT campus? That should be a lot of fun. There are a few around that I know of, and it shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of one.

Spot on KLM, the area is ideal for some weekend fun, so we're thinking of pooling in and buying a prokart or two. Got any details where I should start looking?

aahh! that place! thanks man! you wouldnt hape to know how much the rates are there, would you? :)

since i'm back in SL for the holidays was tinking of going there this wekeend!

There's nothing there but an empty track on normal days.

Dude, Entry Level: a'ting slower than you're better off on back of a lawn mover,

Dude, Entry Level: a'ting slower than that you're better off back of a lawn mover, well... its a good thing even in stage of your life that you want to get on to an open wheeler, nothing like it. Former owner of colombo prokarts probably has them dumped somewhere which he wouldn't mind parting for some cash I guess. You will have do some repair work before driving any of it.

Pilawoos:

FYI, that was not a pro kart my friend, was the real thing with a Yamaha 2 stroke motor, sold it few years back after quiting Go Karting.

Former owner of colombo prokarts probably has them dumped somewhere which he wouldn't mind parting for some cash I guess. You will have do some repair work before driving any of it.

Madmax these are the ones I was referring to. He has them all stacked up at his house. They may need some work but I'm sure they'll run alright.

ooh i ws under the impression that this was a place like the place tey had at Millenium park/excel world where you can rend the karts.... (highly disapointed)

quck question, whats the differce between a go-kart and a pro-kart.. i was under the impression that the single engined ones were 'go' and the twin engine ones were 'pro'...

quck question, whats the differce between a go-kart and a pro-kart.. i was under the impression that the single engined ones were 'go' and the twin engine ones were 'pro'...

The pro karts used here had a 4.5hp Honda 4 stroke engine, the engine is a multipurpose one used by honda, seen them being used as a generator & for small boats. The kart uses a dry clutch that allows you to run the engine while the kart is standing still. There is one Red kart that has a 9hp engine faster than the other but no where near a go-kart.

There 2 main go-kart classes in SL, Yamaha & Internationl (Formula 100) both are 100cc engines whilst the Yamaha has something like 15hp engine reving upto about 15,500 rpm and the International has close to 30hp and certain engines reving around 20,000 to 21,000 rpm. Chassis is much lighter, better brakes and the tyres are much softer giving better grip. Also you an make a lot of adjustments to the kart. Top speed is dependent on the sproket you run.

Hope this helps...

Edited by drake

Madmax these are the ones I was referring to. He has them all stacked up at his house. They may need some work but I'm sure they'll run alright.

Doesn't he lend them out to organized events? Also in your guess what short of a price is reasonable to pay?

Edited by madmax

The pro karts used here had a 4.5hp Honda 4 stroke engine, the engine is a multipurpose one used by honda, seen them being used as a generator & for small boats. The kart uses a dry clutch that allows you to run the engine while the kart is standing still. There is one Red kart that has a 9hp engine faster than the other but no where near a go-kart.

Hope this helps...

Drake, where should I start looking for one?

There 2 main go-kart classes in SL, Yamaha & Internationl (Formula 100) both are 100cc engines whilst the Yamaha has something like 15hp engine reving upto about 15,500 rpm and the International has close to 30hp and certain engines reving around 20,000 to 21,000 rpm. Chassis is much lighter, better brakes and the tyres are much softer giving better grip. Also you an make a lot of adjustments to the kart. Top speed is dependent on the sproket you run.

Hope this helps...

so go-kart is the faster one and the pro kart is a slower one.... ohh.. thanks.... i always thought it might be the other way around, cos "pro" sounds more 'professional :D... hehehee.. thanks again!

Drake, where should I start looking for one?

Well you could speak to Rdez (Prokart owner) & ask him to rent one out or something like that, from the karts he had managed to resurrect a few but after a few events they were gone again. most of those chassis are badly damaged & that the biggest problem cos for the engine you can figure out something.

Best bet try locate some old go-kart chassis & try and transplant a scooter engine to it, should work pretty well, was going to try it but never got around to it.

If you have cash to burn then locate a old Yamaha go-kart, cos trust me there is nothing like it, driven a few vehicles but still the most fun i've had his in a go-kart.

so go-kart is the faster one and the pro kart is a slower one.... ohh.. thanks.... i always thought it might be the other way around, cos "pro" sounds more 'professional :D... hehehee.. thanks again!

Some prokarts are pretty fast (specially the twin engine ones) but the go-karts are mainly race use & are unbelievably fast. The international kart should easily touch over 160km/h and shifter karts that run on proper race circuits can get to around 240km/h.

Edited by drake