• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace Lh 178v 4wd

sudarsan

I got Toyota Hiace LH178V 4Wd van, but I don't know is it full time 4WD or I have to select manually when I need 4WD. The van is with mannual transmision and there is no other liver or buttton to select 4WD. If any one can help me regarding this or any one can find me a user mannual for this please let me know. Y.O.M is 1999.

I got Toyota Hiace LH178V 4Wd van, but I don't know is it full time 4WD or I have to select manually when I need 4WD. The van is with mannual transmision and there is no other liver or buttton to select 4WD. If any one can help me regarding this or any one can find me a user mannual for this please let me know. Y.O.M is 1999.

If there is no special gear and you have a front differential this probably means your vehicle is full time 4WD, do you have locking wheel hubs by any chance ? you know ones you can use to lock the front wheels when you want to enable 4WD like Hola is suggesting ?

Locking wheel hubs tend to have some kinda manual selector inside. AFAIK, its only to lock the diff, shouldn't actually have anything to do with the transmission of power to the wheels.

The 4x4 guys on the forum can correct that if its wrong.