• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Helmets

GTAm

Question

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Fishing mate?? for fun or living??

MINIACE

damn it... un answered for two years :lol:

recreation mate :)

had i sad "fun" those folks against animal cruelty will be all over me :)

Dev

A friend crashed wearing a yohe once... I think the pics are in my FB page :)

bugger went off the road after hitting a tree branch and went down almost 10ft onto a rock...

he had hit his boots and the head on the way down.... other than a bruised ego and some scrapes here and there, all his gear performed well...

Just make sure when you're buying the helmet that it fits you snuggly and tight :lol:

and yeah, buying used helmets is not advisable cos you dunno whether it has gone through a hard fall... After having somewhat of a hard fall, it's advisable to throw away the helmet and go for a new one cos internal damage to it's structure is always not visible

Dev

A friend crashed wearing a yohe once... I think the pics are in my FB page :)

right i trolled & trolled through your albums to no avail - i can remember you once mentioning something like the incident you make note of ~ possibly on one of the bike trips?? :unsure:

wouldn't mind if u could PM of FB msg the link to the image when time permits just so i could take a gander at how the thing held up after impact - thanks :)

contemplating getting a helmet, just for kick sake - i reckon i could use it when karting & if n when i actually do manage to make it for a track day of some sort God willing :D

how much should one be expecting to spend on a full face? i'd love to have something fancy (Arai or Simpson) but there really is no point whatsoever in me getting one, not to mention the fact that being unemployed means i can't afford one either! :mellow:

the new rules that the governing body has tried to implement this year is to have a good helmet. They are making certified helmets mandatory. the certification they are looking for is SA2005/snell. this is for auto and the cheapest i found online was 300usd. landed it cost me around 42k.

visit this site, you will learn all the different types of certifications and there is also a list of approved helmets. http://www.smf.org/

if this is for karting, i think you will be ok with a yohe/index. my 2 cents.

if you are unemployed, take your own shower cap :)

the new rules that the governing body has tried to implement this year is to have a good helmet. They are making certified helmets mandatory. the certification they are looking for is SA2005/snell. this is for auto and the cheapest i found online was 300usd. landed it cost me around 42k.

visit this site, you will learn all the different types of certifications and there is also a list of approved helmets. http://www.smf.org/

ha ha ha :)

anyways dev...i've gone down pretty hard countless times... once broke a good old paradise full face helmet in the jaw section...

presently i use an Index helmet...4-5 years ago i bought that for 6500, top of the line index helmet at the shop at that time :)

i've seen a joint in dehiwela, near pizza hut having yohe's for 4k and up... some even in the higher end of 3k also... but that was about an year or two ago so dunno if the prices have changed

Like fuzzo says, for karting you'd be fine with either an Index one or a Yohe...

I've worn both and crashed in both and nothing much is wrong with me up to date :lol:

http:// www .face book dot com/photo.php?pid=789778&l=50c803825c&id=607877343

http:// www .face book dot com/photo.php?pid=789780&l=21253f843c&id=607877343

those are the pics mate... sadly they don't show the fall that great...i too narrowly missed going over so was too rattled to document things properly :)

especially how we managed to lift the darn bike off from that spot and back onto the trail :lol:

Thanks for the link Fuzzo - worth keeping the info in mind

I think your final suggestion is the best as its unlikely that i'll kart enough to spend $300 on showercaps! :lol:

ha ha ha :)

anyways dev...i've gone down pretty hard countless times... once broke a good old paradise full face helmet in the jaw section...

presently i use an Index helmet...4-5 years ago i bought that for 6500, top of the line index helmet at the shop at that time :)

i've seen a joint in dehiwela, near pizza hut having yohe's for 4k and up... some even in the higher end of 3k also... but that was about an year or two ago so dunno if the prices have changed

Like fuzzo says, for karting you'd be fine with either an Index one or a Yohe...

I've worn both and crashed in both and nothing much is wrong with me up to date :lol:

http:// www .face book dot com/photo.php?pid=789778&l=50c803825c&id=607877343

http:// www .face book dot com/photo.php?pid=789780&l=21253f843c&id=607877343

those are the pics mate... sadly they don't show the fall that great...i too narrowly missed going over so was too rattled to document things properly :)

especially how we managed to lift the darn bike off from that spot and back onto the trail :lol:

thanks for the pics Ripper - for what its worth i'm gonna go check out what available in the mkt

i stumbled onto an old post of yours which mentions some place in Panchikawatte which had/has proper helmets? where about is this place?

but given the prices i reckon i'm gonna take Fuzzo's last piece of advice! :D

thanks for the pics Ripper - for what its worth i'm gonna go check out what available in the mkt

i stumbled onto an old post of yours which mentions some place in Panchikawatte which had/has proper helmets? where about is this place?

but given the prices i reckon i'm gonna take Fuzzo's last piece of advice! :D

gayan motors it was if my memory serves me correct... it's actually the maligawatta stretch close to ruby cinema..

they had used arais and stuff that looked to be in very good nick...

don't come cheap though but you can always try and bargain :)

gayan motors it was if my memory serves me correct... it's actually the maligawatta stretch close to ruby cinema..

they had used arais and stuff that looked to be in very good nick...

don't come cheap though but you can always try and bargain :)

always worth a look i guess so will head that way and then keep you'll posted

Hey heard you won a second place.A pic was on HI mag.Seen that?

MINIACE

yeah mate :) won that on the west coast troll with a 14.22Kg Paraw...bugger broke my lure in two but was not lucky enough to break off the hooks :)

care to post a pic for us? this is a certified one is it? - appears on the list? :huh:

if you don't mind sharing, just in case you bought it here - where & how much machan?

Didn't buy it here.. got it brand new as a gift from my uncle, couple of years ago. was in the box all this while, n took it out to go pro carting. :D

57219667.th.jpg

83504528.th.jpg

12859821.th.jpg

11632009.th.jpg

Edited by Bugatti