• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Members Fun Rally

RACERSEDGE

yo mates...nothings hapening this days after the modified fiest this two months was so silent..just need yo views on doing a auto lanka members fun rally.. maybe a 50km 2hr rally where all can enjoy..will work it out with madz n the autolanka team..so what r yo says mates...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo mates...nothings hapening this days after the modified fiest this two months was so silent..just need yo views on doing a auto lanka members fun rally.. maybe a 50km 2hr rally where all can enjoy..will work it out with madz n the autolanka team..so what r yo says mates...

Awesome idea :alc: ... A TSD rally would be an ideal opportunity to meet up AND do some motoring at the same time.

we are in for anything after this month :alc: and make sure all ppl behave well on the rally, cus we dnt want to see damaged rear bufers :angry:

seems like dude is getting the car! i need a ride/drive OK! and then please post pics once you get her, before raping her :P hehe

Edited by Kim

cool..then we can do a fun Tsd rally on a satday or sunday morning starting from colombo n will plan the plot asa all tarmac rally cos last time at negambo there was lot of trouble for hondas going off road..so will all meet up n work this out..memphis yo help is badly needed for the plot..

cool..then we can do a fun Tsd rally on a satday or sunday morning starting from colombo n will plan the plot asa all tarmac rally cos last time at negambo there was lot of trouble for hondas going off road..so will all meet up n work this out..memphis yo help is badly needed for the plot..

any idea of a tentative date ?

In an event like this we’ll definitely need a head and a tail.... Head is a car or two that runs in the front making sure that NONE of the parade cars will run past them and the tail car to make sure that no one will be left behind. Otherwise some might wanna show off by driving like maniacs.

In an event like this we’ll definitely need a head and a tail.... Head is a car or two that runs in the front making sure that NONE of the parade cars will run past them and the tail car to make sure that no one will be left behind. Otherwise some might wanna show off by driving like maniacs.

In a TSD (Time Speed Distance) rally, driving like maniacs and arriving at the checkpoints early will be penalized with minus points. The plot is usually planned with the local speeding limits in mind.

A TSD rally, therefore is not about speed. It's about precision navigation and co-ordination between the driver and navigator.

still nobody taking about date. Can i suggest to have it on 2nd Weekend or 3rd weekend of July?

Guess its bit too early. Need to do timing trials atleast by two independent parties to determine best timings I guess (to make sure fairness for participants) :D

Guess its bit too early. Need to do timing trials atleast by two independent parties to determine best timings I guess (to make sure fairness for participants) :D

Hmm Timing :blink: , i dnt have any idea wuts goin to happend, but count me in :D ,

A great Idea ! Will offer any kind of help needed. And count me in....Im in SL till end of July!

I agree with Memphis about the TSD ! Madz all upto you!!

Good luck guys!

MINIACE

Ok guys lets do it then ! Well it doesn’t have to be a big event...will do it just for fun and to keep the spirit going. Gaya , Memphis, Miniace and KLM...I need your help to plan this event since you guys have previous experience on TSD rally’s. KLM suggested that we can start from somewhere in Colombo and finish it off in Kaluthara…and at the end all the members to have lunch at some beach hotel in Kaluthara. Of course there will be a small entry fee to cover up the cost. So what do you guys think? :alc:

:jumping-smiley-013: no head cars ortail cars ash...u r on ya own..we just give the plot b4 1 hour to all the drivers.. n they hav to adjust their clocks with our marshal clock (main clock) n we relese car by car in a 2 mints gap..rest is up to the driver n navigater to decide the directions.calculate the speeds in difrnt stages..find the chk points n maybe answer n do some activities as mentioned in plot..

:violent-smiley-030: yo miniace good 2 have u mate..hey the prob is to get permission on the plot cos we are runing in colombo..any help any 1 can give..then we can decide a date..its just 2hr 50km..butif we got more than 30 cars the start will take more than 2 hrs..

"best" is not the correct term I guess..."Ideal" it should be!

ha ha u know tis too well... hey..if we start from colombo.. whts the best place to gather the cars.. n i dont mind abt the end..kalutara or negambo..or even kaduwela is ok..just need to do a good route...so whts the situ on getting pemission from police?