• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Converting Into Power Steering

fatjoe

Question

Hi guys,

I got a Mitsubishi Lancer EX (Lancer Box) 4 forward. Engine capacity is CC1300. I wanna covert it into power steering. Plsease advice me on this. How much will it cost and recomend a guy or a garage for this.

Cheers

4 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I got a Mitsubishi Lancer EX (Lancer Box) 4 forward. Engine capacity is CC1300. I wanna covert it into power steering. Plsease advice me on this. How much will it cost and recomend a guy or a garage for this.

Cheers

Hi machan one of my friends converterd his old nissan blue bird to power steering some time back. I am not 100% sure about the current prices but at that time(about 1 year ago) he paid around 15000 rupees for the required parts(used parts). those include the new steering rack, the power steering motor and the other pipe lines required to feed oil to the rack and since the power steering motor is driven by a belt you'll need to buy a new puley(this is connected to the crank shaft and all the belts are connected to this) that can facilitate the additional belt.

First take out the current steering rack and take it with you when you are going to buy the new steering rack and always take a good mechanic with you if you dont have knowledge about these parts. You'll be able to find a good steering rack for about 8000. Always go for a good rack even at a higher price.

And make sure to tell the used parts dealer that you'd bring the parts back if the are found to be defective.Normally they give a gurantee for about 4 to 5 days.

I dont know a good garage for the conversion but please be carefull when selecting one. because the mechanic that my friend hired didnt do the job well and now there is a play in the steering rack. :(

Hey macahng, TNX for the advice. This is the da scene. Its very difficult find a reliable mechanic to do da job. As u said U cant trust their as*es as they just try to get da money. yeah now I gt a lil picture how it shud be done. Neway I wan't jump into converting. i think I shud look for good garage. Neway tnx again for the details. Hope to see more from others. Cheers.

Hey macahng, TNX for the advice. This is the da scene. Its very difficult find a reliable mechanic to do da job. As u said U cant trust their as*es as they just try to get da money. yeah now I gt a lil picture how it shud be done. Neway I wan't jump into converting. i think I shud look for good garage. Neway tnx again for the details. Hope to see more from others. Cheers.

machan tell me where you live because i know a good garage.he only undertake a job if he could do it perfectly and the charges are reasonable too. we took our old nissan double cab to him for an engine overhaul and he did it perfectly. and he charged only about 9000 rupees. :)

machan tell me where you live because i know a good garage.he only undertake a job if he could do it perfectly and the charges are reasonable too. we took our old nissan double cab to him for an engine overhaul and he did it perfectly. and he charged only about 9000 rupees. :)

Macahn I live in I.D.H. Gothatuwa to be exact.