• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil Treatment

Nilantha

Has anyone used ABRO or STP Engine oil treatment for your vehicle? Is it effective? Can we get some Engine Performance improvement using Oil Treatment?

Hi,

I use X-1R. It quite good. I experiencing some improvement in performance & fuel usage. :D

Thilak

I doubt that there could be any difference if your engine is not wasted and you're using a very good synthetic oil.

But some of these products do work. I used an oil treatment that increased the viscorcity of the oil on my very first car - a diesel mk2 VW Jetta. It sounded less like a tractor after the addition :D !

dude..don't use these crap in your car...

good engine oil changed in decent intervals is all you need...

these only help you to get more engine sludge...

If you need more viscous oil due a to worn engine conditions try increasing the weight class of the oil you use...

X1-R should be used only when you are having problem with your engine....like blue smoke etc........

Just do not pour into your engine without first getting some advice.....

The above advice was given to me by one of the distributors of X1-R.

So be careful....Like Ripper says regular oil change is good enough

Hi, I have used STP & Abro both in different cars, since 1995 or so on deisel's.

what is your need, or what are you trying to achieve, they are good specially if your engine is around an overhaul, this would prolong your repair too,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i too was interested in this subject and this X** oil...normally before making any move i go to google and do some survey on the product.. what i have found out is that most of these treatments tends to chemically breakdown in to harmful stuff by the time...eg: HCl (hydro chloric acid) so eventually your engine parts will be slowly dissolved!! so be careful.

Hey i too was interested in this subject and this X** oil...normally before making any move i go to google and do some survey on the product.. what i have found out is that most of these treatments tends to chemically breakdown in to harmful stuff by the time...eg: HCl (hydro chloric acid) so eventually your engine parts will be slowly dissolved!! so be careful.

thank you 4 your comment.