• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4x4 Event At Watersedge - Pictures Updated !!

fuzzo

Read in the newspapers that there is a 4x4 event this sunday at waters edge.

quite a happening weekend.. pannala, the hillclimb and now the 4x4 event...

This is the annual Land Rover Challenge organised by the LROC & LR agents happening at waters edge. This time it will not be as intense as last years it seems.

This is the annual Land Rover Challenge organised by the LROC & LR agents happening at waters edge. This time it will not be as intense as last years it seems.

Yes, Land Rover Nigel will not participate this time!!!

Read in the newspapers that there is a 4x4 event this sunday at waters edge.

quite a happening weekend.. pannala, the hillclimb and now the 4x4 event...

heard, fuzzo any pics to post here?

heard, fuzzo any pics to post here?

Lessons on how to postwhore, ladies and gents. Ask for pictures of events scheduled on Sunday, on Saturday! Brilliant! :rolleyes:

BTW, I heard there was gonna be a Southern Super Cross as well. Anyone heard of that?

He runs a wheather beaten defender 90 with the thinest tires on earth. And still manages to come free from the mud. From what I've seen you've got to give some credit to the man.

Edited by madmax

Why..never heard of a 4X4 Nigel?

Well Nigel took part on 4x4 challange @ waters Edge last year or year before, He came first with a timing of 45 Seconds :o , Beleve me.... the second place timing was 2 Minutes ...something :lol: !!! Great ha??? He has his own garage at thalahena Battaramulla & he is a hell of a machanic too!!! He studied Aeronotical Engineering :blink: after passing out from German Tech... B) .... Hey guy's, By the way did anyone see a Ford Laser kicking some ass at the 4x4 challange at Waters Edge on sunday after the event??? :P

One final word about the 4X4 Nigel...arguably he is one of the first to promote 4X4 off roading!! Still recall how he drove his SII LR at Gajaba few years back. :D

Here's two Pics of Nigels Super Duper Magically Tuned Land Rover Series 2 :ninja: , Check out the size of its Wheels :blink: , But those are the wheels he WON the race in Record Breaking Timing!!! :food-smiley-004:

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00011xb9.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00012ze9.jpg

Well Nigel took part on 4x4 challange @ waters Edge last year or year before, He came first with a timing of 45 Seconds :o , Beleve me.... the second place timing was 2 Minutes ...something :lol: !!! Great ha??? He has his own garage at thalahena Battaramulla & he is a hell of a machanic too!!! He studied Aeronotical Engineering :blink: after passing out from German Tech... B) .... Hey guy's, By the way did anyone see a Ford Laser kicking some ass at the 4x4 challange at Waters Edge on sunday after the event??? :P

Presume that was the LR Auto Cross, not the Challenge. BTW I haven't seen him of late at his workshop. Has it been converted to something else. Been wondering where he and his LR's are now.

Here's two Pics of Nigels Super Duper Magically Tuned Land Rover Series 2 :ninja: , Check out the size of its Wheels :blink: , But those are the wheels he WON the race in Record Breaking Timing!!! :food-smiley-004:

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00011xb9.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00012ze9.jpg

These are what you call Jeep Terrain tyres. They are direct descendents of the old Jeep Tyres. Supposedly very good in the mud unlike the M/T's as they do not keep the mud inside the tread but push off like on S*m*x M/T's unlike the rest that most of the others use thus giving you more traction on the mud.