• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

You Get Copped Even If U Use Speaker Phone While Driving..

Stingray

Question

Hey Guys

2 of my collegues at work got copped within this week for using the speaker phone while driving, one guy had his phone on the lap and was talking away when he was stopped and had no mercy from the cops, second chap is being hauled to courts on friday!

So all you folks out there, just watch out and dont answer calls when driving!!

Nope. What makes u think that? Personally use a cheap-ass phone with no blue tooth. But I still don't have issues coz the wired hands free works well enough.

exactly, BT or hands free. which ever will work rite :)

ive gotten nabbed a few times as well for speaking on the phone when i really wasn't. when i told them that. they let me know. usually a cop will radio ahead if they see someone wiht the hand close to your ear. i was actually driving like that a few times when i got nabbed.

Similar thing happened to me a while back.... I just handed him the phone and asked him to check the time of the last call, and he backed off immediately.

Flip side of it, these days most of the cops on the road (Both Traffic and the ones guarding people) seem to be talking into mobile phones non-stop and neglecting their duty..... :lol:

I think they'll have to introduce a new rule for them too....!

Anybody has any idea of how the law it says ?

SL will never change i guess, the cops always make there own rules..

Interestingly this topic caught my attention as i was copped in melbourne last week for holding the phone in my hands although it was on speaker, my fault no doubt, and the cop clearly explained it to me that the law says u cant have it in your hands but u can speak whilst its on the dash, the seat or on ur lap..

I guess explaining the law to our cops in SL will be a lost cause..

SL will never change i guess, the cops always make there own rules..

Recently I was falsely accused of talking on the phone while driving. I had the phone on my lap, having just finished a call while being pulled over! The cop said he pulled me over because the light of the phone display shone on my face! I mildly protested my innocence and asked if it could be proved in court that I was talking on the phone. He smiled, not too kindly, and said that it didn't matter, the offence would be 'not being applying sufficient attention while driving'.

Of course, this just highlights that there's no way logic and fairness and the actual law come into it. Best practice is to pull over or use a headset (though you may get caught for merely dialling the number, lit faces and all that!)

I shaped-off out of that incident, but anyway, as someone who foolishly expected to be paid for accident damage by going to courts, you do NOT want to have to go to the courts for anything!!!