• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hoping To Install A Mufflar (a Beat Silencer)

Archon

Hi guys im a new member :D ..im hoping to install a muffler (a beat silencer) to my Marino...but i dont know much about the down side of it specially about the way it affect to the engine health... and also can anybody suggest me a place where i can buy a good quality muffler with a deep sound at low rpms! :D guys please help me... :unsure:

Thanx

Archon

Edited by Archon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro,

Welcome! Its better if you can get yourself a larger header so you are puting out the exaust much faster. There are so many guys with beat silencers which is actulay beigned fixed to "have a racing sound" :-)

Better get the header installed 1st if you got the funds bro

Hi guys im a new member :D ..im hoping to install a muffler (a beat silencer) to my Marino...but i dont know much about the down side of it specially about the way it affect to the engine health... and also can anybody suggest me a place where i can buy a good quality muffler with a deep sound at low rpms! :D guys please help me... :unsure:

Thanx

Archon

Hi bro i got my muffler from el**** ind******* 1.5 years back. They have a wide range of mufflers. I got mine for about 10,000 rupees. Its stainless steel and still in superb condition and it gives a great sound at low rmp.Look at the picture below.

IPB Image

Edited by Nim

Bro,

Welcome! Its better if you can get yourself a larger header so you are puting out the exaust much faster. There are so many guys with beat silencers which is actulay beigned fixed to "have a racing sound" :-)

Better get the header installed 1st if you got the funds bro

large Header for a Marino ? where he can buy it ? better to do a Rear Exhaust for Elcardo or Tokimo

But Nim, did you experience any gain from this? No right? Just a sound ne machang

large Header for a Marino ? where he can buy it ? better to do a Rear Exhaust for Elcardo or Tokimo

Wouldnt a AE110 header from Ebay work? I know Hisham got his down from ebay

If you wonder how exhaust headers improve performance read the notes below machan. :D

During the exhaust stroke, a good way for an engine to lose power is through back pressure. The exhaust valve opens at the beginning of the exhaust stroke, and then the piston pushes the exhaust gases out of the cylinder. If there is any amount of resistance that the piston has to push against to force the exhaust gases out, power is wasted. Using two exhaust valves rather than one improves the flow by making the hole that the exhaust gases travel through larger.

In a normal engine, once the exhaust gases exit the cylinder they end up in the exhaust manifold. In a four-cylinder or eight-cylinder engine, there are four cylinders using the same manifold. From the manifold, the exhaust gases flow into one pipe toward the catalytic converter and the muffler. It turns out that the manifold can be an important source of back pressure because exhaust gases from one cylinder build up pressure in the manifold that affects the next cylinder that uses the manifold.

The idea behind an exhaust header is to eliminate the manifold's back pressure. Instead of a common manifold that all of the cylinders share, each cylinder gets its own exhaust pipe. These pipes come together in a larger pipe called the collector. The individual pipes are cut and bent so that each one is the same length as the others. By making them the same length, it guarantees that each cylinder's exhaust gases arrive in the collector spaced out equally so there is no back pressure generated by the cylinders sharing the collector.There are two types of headers that you can use one is 4-1(four into one) and the other is 4-2-1.(4 into 2 into 1).Usually, the four-into-one header is a better choice for high RPM operation and wild camshafts. For street use where a broader torque band is desired, the 4-2-1 is usually a better choice. However, VTEC Hondas are almost always better off with a four-into-one header because of their inherent long valve timing events.

you can get a custom built one from one of the famous car modifying guys in srilanka. Once i took my honda there and since the price was too high :( i dropped the idea.

But Nim, did you experience any gain from this? No right? Just a sound ne machang

Wouldnt a AE110 header from Ebay work? I know Hisham got his down from ebay

ya if he can buy from ebay its cool bt bit expensive right ? thats why i recomend him to do only the EXhaust

you can get a custom built one from one of the famous car modifying guys in srilanka. Once i took my honda there and since the price was too high :( i dropped the idea.

you can custom build a header in SL? wow. How much did he ask you Nim?

ya if he can buy from ebay its cool bt bit expensive right ? thats why i recomend him to do only the EXhaust

nah, mine was just bought in below 150bucks

Hi bro i got my muffler from ________ 1.5 years back. They have a wide range of mufflers. I got mine for about 10,000 rupees. Its stainless steel and still in superb condition and it gives a great sound at low rmp.Look at the picture below.

IPB Image

Hi Nim.. thanx a lot for the information....i know this place! have you installed a header too?? What about your performance and fuel consumption after the installation? im very concerned about the performance of my vehicle! Did they give you any technical information about how it affects the engine?

and dear Nim our admin might get really :angry: about brand /org names if you post them....soo please edit the thread if you can..

Thanks a lot :D:D:alc:

Archon

Well nim, im getting my 4-2-1 header (ceramic) down soon and i couldnt find a 4-1 header for my car's compartment

Thats great :jumping-smiley-013: bro 4-2-1 is good for street use. Hmmm rite now you have a CAI and a exhaust header is on the way so bro whats next ......a turbo package :) and what are your future plans with the car?

Hi Nim.. thanx a lot for the information....i know this place! have you installed a header too?? What about your performance and fuel consumption after the installation? im very concerned about the performance of my vehicle! Did they give you any technical information about how it affects the engine?

and dear Nim our admin might get really :angry: about brand /org names if you post them....soo please edit the thread if you can..

Archon

Bro, did you do ur intake first? will give you much better preformance

Thats great :jumping-smiley-013: bro 4-2-1 is good for street use. Hmmm rite now you have a CAI and a exhaust header is on the way so bro whats next ......a turbo package :) and what are your future plans with the car?

pissuda? Along with the ceramic header comes my Magna Flow silencer and the recenator (cant rmber the brand name now :( )

No turbos bro, that part i leave it to ma man GihanFX and his machines B)

yeah machang. there are so many boys around with beat silencers, even this PAN BAGEI vans have them

there is a Dihatsu hijet in our area with a Banggggg sound, He always Drive around Attidiya and most ppl hate that sound, and some Pand Wans, Tuk Tuks Etc

you can custom build a header in SL? wow. How much did he ask you Nim?

Bloody 25000 rupees :angry: and i dont think that the build quality would be as good as foreign ones. His name is....well everyone knows his name which ...D******

If you wonder how exhaust headers improve performance read the notes below machan. :D

During the exhaust stroke, a good way for an engine to lose power is through back pressure. The exhaust valve opens at the beginning of the exhaust stroke, and then the piston pushes the exhaust gases out of the cylinder. If there is any amount of resistance that the piston has to push against to force the exhaust gases out, power is wasted. Using two exhaust valves rather than one improves the flow by making the hole that the exhaust gases travel through larger.

In a normal engine, once the exhaust gases exit the cylinder they end up in the exhaust manifold. In a four-cylinder or eight-cylinder engine, there are four cylinders using the same manifold. From the manifold, the exhaust gases flow into one pipe toward the catalytic converter and the muffler. It turns out that the manifold can be an important source of back pressure because exhaust gases from one cylinder build up pressure in the manifold that affects the next cylinder that uses the manifold.

The idea behind an exhaust header is to eliminate the manifold's back pressure. Instead of a common manifold that all of the cylinders share, each cylinder gets its own exhaust pipe. These pipes come together in a larger pipe called the collector. The individual pipes are cut and bent so that each one is the same length as the others. By making them the same length, it guarantees that each cylinder's exhaust gases arrive in the collector spaced out equally so there is no back pressure generated by the cylinders sharing the collector.There are two types of headers that you can use one is 4-1(four into one) and the other is 4-2-1.(4 into 2 into 1).Usually, the four-into-one header is a better choice for high RPM operation and wild camshafts. For street use where a broader torque band is desired, the 4-2-1 is usually a better choice. However, VTEC Hondas are almost always better off with a four-into-one header because of their inherent long valve timing events.

GR8 info.... Thanx buddy!!! :alc:

there is a Dihatsu hijet in our area with a Banggggg sound, He always Drive around Attidiya and most ppl hate that sound, and some Pand Wans, Tuk Tuks Etc

:D and all the TATA buses seems to have factory fitted beat silencers :D:P

I d suggest dropping in a K&N cone air filter if it is a smooth beat you need.. though it would not be as loud.. there is the good possibility of you gaining a few extra bhps along with the lovely humming sound... and yes there are aftermarket parts available for ya engine..

The Marino GT uses a 4AGE engine and the rest uses the 4AFE engine.. a good thorough search via ebay would give ya plenty of results based on the 4AGE engine but if you hunt correctly you could get the header for the 4AFE too...

Hey Nim.... I too underwent the same agony buddy.. there was a time when i was crazy to get this shit over it and went to a dude specializing in pipe work.. unfortunately.. he was not willing as it is quite complex and time consuming...

@ Hola - Yours aint a VTEC... a 4-2-1 would do you good man.. 4-1 would give much higher speeds though..

Zz

Edited by neXGen

Bloody 25000 rupees :angry: and i dont think that the build quality would be as good as foreign ones. His name is....well everyone knows his name which ...D******

25,000 too much bro... :( If it was 12,500 then shape. But was it ceramic coated?

There are stuff to buy from ebay and build here. Once i was going to get a mesh grill for my EK3 from ebay which was over 100dollers including shiping whilst after so much of advice from AL boys i did it localy for 50dollers

I d suggest dropping in a K&N cone air filter if it is a smooth beat you need.. though it would not be as loud.. there is the good possibility of you gaining a few extra bhps along with the lovely humming sound... and yes there are aftermarket parts available for ya engine..

The Marino GT uses a 4AGE engine and the rest uses the 4AFE engine.. a good thorough search via ebay would give ya plenty of results based on the 4AGE engine but if you hunt correctly you could get the header for the 4AFE too...

Zz

Zz, isnt that same as the AE110? the one you got?

Archon

OOOps forgot that ill edit the post machan. I should say that after they installed the exhaust there was some improvement in performance. And machan fuel comsumption was very high when i pushed the car hard. And i didnt find a big difference when i drove the car normally(when i drive the normal way i shift gears at 2000rpm). No machan they didnt give any technical data.

Bro, did you do ur intake first? will give you much better preformance

pissuda? Along with the ceramic header comes my Magna Flow silencer and the recenator (cant rmber the brand name now :( )

No turbos bro, that part i leave it to ma man GihanFX and his machines B)

Thanx a lot for the info Hola... actually hola, i have a N/A and havent done any modifications to the car ...its all stock...what would happen if i install the muffler, with out the header?

Archon

:D:D:D:D

OOOps forgot that ill edit the post machan. I should say that after they installed the exhaust there was some improvement in performance. And machan fuel comsumption was very high when i pushed the car hard. And i didnt find a big difference when i drove the car normally(when i drive the normal way i shift gears at 2000rpm). No machan they didnt give any technical data.

Thank you very much Nim! now i seriously consider this place!!

Archon :alc:

Thanx a lot for the info Hola... actually hola, i have a N/A and havent done any modifications to the car ...its all stock...what would happen if i install the muffler, with out the header?

Archon

99% Sri Lankn cars with mufflers dont have anything done to Header or any major modifications, and if u go for a Branderd muffler or Full Exhaust System u may get bit of power bt Normally Rear Exhaust reduce Back preassure and ur car will go bit faster,

Many ppl recomend Sacha for Exhaust jobs cus he Export stuff to other countries and Most High powerd SL cars running his Exhaust systems

99% Sri Lankn cars with mufflers dont have anything done to Header or any major modifications, and if u go for a Branderd muffler or Full Exhaust System u may get bit of power bt Normally Rear Exhaust reduce Back preassure and ur car will go bit faster,

Many ppl recomend Sacha for Exhaust jobs cus he Export stuff to other countries and Most High powerd SL cars running his Exhaust systems

gihan when you say full exaust system do you mean the header to the muffler? or?