• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Battery Water !!!!

Terabite

Question

well my problem is of a bit of a funny one. 3 days ago i did a check up on the battery & toped up the water... yesterday evening, i found that my Voltage meter was twitching.... so i check the battery.. the battery water had almost gone below the MIN level.... how can this be... there are no Crack on the outer shell, also the knobs on the battery are on place.....

PLEASE HELP...

as for the Amaron Battery, this should be the best for our conditions , i would say India has much hotter conditions....

India is a vast place with varying weather conditions. Try going to Delhi in winter.

An Amaron battery is fitted in my Primera. It was there when I bough it. It’s more than 3 years old now. Has lost its flashy Green colour. But still no problem with it.

I’ve changed a Global Maintenance free battery when I had the FB15. The battery dealer was not very convinced abt the Amaron at that time when I asked abt it. He recommended Global if going for a Maintenance free battery. He said there were few came back when they were doing Amaron.

An Amaron battery is fitted in my Primera. It was there when I bough it. It’s more than 3 years old now. Has lost its flashy Green colour. But still no problem with it.

I’ve changed a Global Maintenance free battery when I had the FB15. The battery dealer was not very convinced abt the Amaron at that time when I asked abt it. He recommended Global if going for a Maintenance free battery. He said there were few came back when they were doing Amaron.

Machan how much did you pay for the battery at that time? Do you know the price of one now? Thanks.

Machan how much did you pay for the battery at that time? Do you know the price of one now? Thanks.

Can't really remember.... something around 9,000.... not sure, but that's a long time back... just ring any agent and ask.

Can't really remember.... something around 9,000.... not sure, but that's a long time back... just ring any agent and ask.

Oh,

Nim, its better to use normal bats in the market then

Thanks for the info, i never knew there were more brands on maintnenace free baterys

well my problem is of a bit of a funny one. 3 days ago i did a check up on the battery & toped up the water... yesterday evening, i found that my Voltage meter was twitching.... so i check the battery.. the battery water had almost gone below the MIN level.... how can this be... there are no Crack on the outer shell, also the knobs on the battery are on place.....

PLEASE HELP...

i had this same prob. was a real pain. spoit 2 batteries in the process. it was the regulator. after a replaced the regulator it was finee.. good luck

Oh,

Nim, its better to use normal bats in the market then

Thanks for the info, i never knew there were more brands on maintnenace free baterys

Guys I just fitted a Amaron 2 months back.

It cost me 1000 bucks more than the equivalent Exide normal battery. 1000 bucks extra for a 3 year warranty and without the hassle of having to take it to get the electolyte levels checked every month seems like a bargain to me.

It was a bit difficult finding an Amaron though, because the agency has changed hands now. after a lot of searching, I found a dealer in Bamba on Bullers Road between Duplication and Galle Road. Their service was very good too, they didn't have the battery for my car but got it down from the agents and brought it to my office in Colpetty and fitted it for me. They also said that they they have very few issues with these batteries compared with the other brands they deal with.

Does anyone can post a contact number of an Amaron agent please?

Universal Battery in Punchi Borella has amaron batteries.. I don't have a contact number at the moment, will try and dig one up.

found one: 2699453

Edited by Supra_Natural