• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Out With The Old... In With The New!!

sharkster

NOOOO!!! :o 2L twin turbo EJ20 engine 4WD and 245bhp!!!! FYI!!!

I was away on some work for the last 2 days so apologies for my late reply

The car looks absolutely ELA KIRI as we say he he I am so happy for you man !!

I wish you many happy miles of trouble free motoring with the new baby

Can you tell me what is the difference between the Legacy RS and the B4 ?

The Don

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I WANNA KNOW AS WELL. PLS SOMEONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was away on some work for the last 2 days so apologies for my late reply

The car looks absolutely ELA KIRI as we say he he I am so happy for you man !!

I wish you many happy miles of trouble free motoring with the new baby

The Don

The RS has a 250bhp TT engine 4wd while the B4 is a 280bhp TT engine with AWD, in the B4 setup the sequential TT change over system was improved thus very little drop in performance as the secondary turbo comes on.

In stock standard setup and with everything in good working order the B4 is about 0.6 seconds faster than the RS.

The RS has a 250bhp TT engine 4wd while the B4 is a 280bhp TT engine with AWD, in the B4 setup the sequential TT change over system was improved thus very little drop in performance as the secondary turbo comes on.

In stock standard setup and with everything in good working order the B4 is about 0.6 seconds faster than the RS.

Thanks for the reply Drake, could you also clarify the difference between 4WD and AWD ?

Regards,

The Don

A Beauty.... B) Machan post some more pics in different angles. Wanna have a ride at the next meet.... k....

So we have another entry in the drag competition??? :o

Thanks for the reply Drake, could you also clarify the difference between 4WD and AWD ?

Regards,

The Don

As far as I know “All time” 4x4 termed as AWD... please correct me if I’m wrong. But isn't the RS also AWD???

i'm not to sure about it but what i do know is that originaly AWD meant full time 4wd where you could not switch from 4wd hi or low. but later on the system developed where in the newer subarus the torque split to the front & rear can be varied.

Sharkster's car is 2nd gen legacy and if i remember correctly the models just before the 3rd Gen were termed AWD

i'm not to sure about it but what i do know is that originaly AWD meant full time 4wd where you could not switch from 4wd hi or low. but later on the system developed where in the newer subarus the torque split to the front & rear can be varied.

Sharkster's car is 2nd gen legacy and if i remember correctly the models just before the 3rd Gen were termed AWD

HOLY KCUF !!!!! Now only i saw this thread, Congrats.. Damn that was nishans car right,

LOL when will you give us a ride. By the way You need Tire Polish. :D

HOLY KCUF !!!!! Now only i saw this thread, Congrats.. Damn that was nishans car right,

LOL when will you give us a ride. By the way You need Tire Polish. :D

No marketing on the forums man. :D Specially when u use a competeing product urself :P

Heh heh.. Previous owner was complaining about the stains u left behind.. even the most expensive Autoglym products couldn't wipe em off!

:lol: Actually machang I think it was the owner who may have spilled something. That night was also the first night I experienced Subaru understeer... near the lake in Nuwaraeliya :blink: Don't worry sharkster, no harm was done.

Damn that was nishans car right,

I think Nihal owned it first, then DD.

hey guys thanks for the positive replies... a few answers to those who asked the questions :)

charith - car moves like a b*tch machan... well a move up from a 2L V6 FWD to this is considerable so i have a lot of good to say... nihal was the first owner... i don't know how far down DD took over...

drake - the later 98 RS's (just before the B4) came with 280bhp eventually but i doubt there are any of them around... the difference between AWD and 4WD is pretty much spot on... AWD varies torque among the wheels... 4WD doesn't... how's your car doing? just so you know drake's got a 2nd gen legacy RS too...

kim - i prefer not discussing prices here machan...

gihanfx - a lot of people are pushing me to drag this car but it isn't the reason i bought it so you'll never see it drag... i'm a huge subaru fan and subarus are not all about driving in straight lines...

VWvortex - there is a black 301- still running around... i saw it a month ago on park road...

devinda_z - unfortunately the petrol faithful is a little too faithful to the ceylon petroleum corp these days :) and yes she does get it rough when i find the space... she's in good hands ;)

OD - single turbo conversion will come quietly but i'm in no rush to get anywhere :D i still like the thought of sequential twins though :D

for the rest of you wanting more pics... i'll take them once i'm done getting rid of all the finger prints planted in one night... never realised how easily black cars pick so much dirt up :(

thanks again for all the well wishes :)

for the rest of you wanting more pics... i'll take them once i'm done getting rid of all the finger prints planted in one night... never realised how easily black cars pick so much dirt up :(

U need to book the photog first :D

thanks again for all the well wishes :)

Good luck with keeping the car clean bro. take it from a fellow Black car owner, it looks great when you wash and wax it, but give it 10 mins and the beauty attracts more dirt than a dirt bike.

Invest in a wiping cloth!!!!!!

kim - i prefer not discussing prices here machan...

its sure ok shaks, BTW i know the price that you bought her, and the much de previous owner told as to wot has to be done, wot needs to be replaced and so on..lately only realized that the car was owned by a person who sits with us on on the same floor. as far as you being not worried about 'juice' i dont see any other reason to be bothered about.

great buy shaks! Z surely deserves a treat from you.. Ur Lucky! :P

I found some old school pics of the car. Did I mention that I love this car? :wub:

IPB Image

Thats Nishan Evo 5 right, one of the sexiest evos ever. He kept it in top notch form. I remember the day it changed to full havoline colours at members day katu.

Good luck with keeping the car clean bro. take it from a fellow Black car owner, it looks great when you wash and wax it, but give it 10 mins and the beauty attracts more dirt than a dirt bike.

Invest in a wiping cloth!!!!!!

infact i bought two 3M cloths!!! picks dust and finger prints up like a charm...

I found some old school pics of the car. Did I mention that I love this car? :wub:

all this coming from an EVO 9 owner i take as a compliment :)

and it seems somewhere down the line the badges were stolen :( and the fogs need to be replaced too... all i have is a gaping hole for now...

infact i bought two 3M cloths!!! picks dust and finger prints up like a charm...

all this coming from an EVO 9 owner i take as a compliment :)

Hey Sharkster

You can make it coming from two EVO 9 owners as I was the 2nd owner. Got it from Nihal Hoole who sold it just 2 months after he got it. The pics Charith have posted were taken mostly in 1998, 1st outside my office, 2nd at St. James Hill Climb, 3rd at Kothmale Hill Climb and the last pic at Koggala Air Force base for a drag meet.

Anyways congrats on your new car!! ;)

@Shakir

Awesome car dude! Congrats :)

If you don't mind me asking, can you or anyone tell me abt real world fuel consumption of this car?

Am considering a Subaru as my next car and wondering whether to go for normal or turbo.

Edited by Saturn

Hey Sharkster! Welcome to an exclusive club of RS owners! cos i think there are only a 4 RS's left in SL

drake - the later 98 RS's (just before the B4) came with 280bhp eventually but i doubt there are any of them around... the difference between AWD and 4WD is pretty much spot on... AWD varies torque among the wheels... 4WD doesn't... how's your car doing? just so you know drake's got a 2nd gen legacy RS too...

Yeah i forgot the early 3rd Gen & later 2 Gen cars are very similar outside of the chassis change. and your right there isn't any of those in SL

how's your car doing? just so you know drake's got a 2nd gen legacy RS too...

actually i'm pulling out the engine to get a small Oil leak done and i'm checking every inch of it to see how well it's running.

if you need any info on the sequential system give me a shout will be happy to help, also word of advise other than doing a single turbo swap be very careful when playing with the sequential system :)