• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice On Repairs + Modifications

Croozer

Hey Croozer...

Just checked on this thread after a loooooong time man.. waz stuck with work big time.. :(

Glad thigs are goin fine for u with the car.. Hey u got the radiator fan and other electricals fixed by p**la huh..? Its grat news for me that they have done a good job in ur car coz i also need to take my car for the radiator fan problem im havin.. :jumping-smiley-013: this place it down baseline road isnt it..?

hey.. saw da pics of ur car as well.. its a fine ride man :alc: .. by ur description i was thinkin that it was the older model.. this is the later model than the one i thought it was.. :D

cheers..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Archon,

Tks man, but i got the exhaust fan issue fixed by getting the thermostat & sensor fixed. So now it works only when the required temp level reaches. Btw curious to know as to how can I check whether any of the batt cells are damaged ? :unsure:

Cheers

good to hear that you've fix the prob......err...to check battery cell you have to go to a battery shop..they have equipments to chech these cells... but pls remember to ask the technitian to check batt cells... if any of your batt cells are bad...imediatly check your alternator (to make sure it is working ok) and buy a new battery coz even a single bad battry cell could harm your alternator....*you cant check batt cells by your self..this procedure will not cost you more than Rs50/= ... sometimes the shop you've bought the battry might do it for you freely...

Archon :alc:

constantly 'on" radiator fan is not harmful to the engine but it is harmful to the alternator and the battery coz at the moment when you start the car, the battery will be sucked by both the starter motor and the radiator fan.. radiator fan feeds on a heavy load of current and the starter motor feeds on even a lot more power so some cells of your battery "may" get permanently damaged.... dont get panic... just check your battery if you can.. (that is the same reason why old ppl say "turn all your lights off before starting the engine")

Archon

:lol: What a freaky story dude!! you seems to know a LOT :lol:

Hey MrCat, welcome back :alc:

Tks for the complements on my car man B)

Yep the P*la guys did a perfect job on my electrical issues. Yes machang its down baseline, actually passing the Orugodawatta color lights (towards Kelanitissa power house) its on to the left side. Best thing is try to speak to the owner (Saranapala 071 2725511) before u go cuz when i went they were short of technicians & had to peep in with much reluctance ;) they actually prefer to attend to minor (less time consuming stuff) :angry: I had to spend the entire day at the workshop. Ideal would be a week day if time permits.

Good luck on ur project bro.

Cheers.

Hey Bro..

Thanks a whole lot for all the infomation .. I shall visit the place some time.. :)

Cheers..

Hey Bro..

Thanks a whole lot for all the infomation .. I shall visit the place some time.. :)

Cheers..

MrCat, Yo most welcome bro, Cheers.