• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: My Cars :::

madmax

We've still got hope The Don! :D

Oh and nice set of cars madmax.

Ha ha yes we have. To be honest I think madmax will kindly agree that he has benefited from being in the US as well. Apart from good pay, he has also benefited from lower taxation and better credit terms, and obviously a good relationship with the local dealers.

I won't say anyone can do it, because I don't want to trivialise madmax's achievements and the fact that the pay range for the same job differs considerably depending on your own skill level and who you work for.

But may it serve as inspiration :)

Ha ha yes we have. To be honest I think madmax will kindly agree that he has benefited from being in the US as well. Apart from good pay, he has also benefited from lower taxation and better credit terms, and obviously a good relationship with the local dealers.

I won't say anyone can do it, because I don't want to trivialise madmax's achievements and the fact that the pay range for the same job differs considerably depending on your own skill level and who you work for.

Totally agreed! I didn't for a second assume that madmax had everything coming for him easy. There obviously must have been some uphill battles along the way. There's an awful lot of luck involved too.

Just knowing that this is a possibility is enough for me to keep on marching forward! :)

There's a reason they call it the land of opportunities.....

I would've never been able to afford any of these cars in SL, unless I was 'royalty' or had a multi-million $ export business. But in the US, an upper middle class dual-income makes these a possibility.

Where you live even in the US makes a difference. If I were to live in a place like new York I'd be earning more but still riding the train to work. The insurance, parking and housing is so expensive there. I would never be able to afford any of these cars nor would I have a place to park them. While Florida is not the best state for job opportunities it gives me the environment to enjoy my cars. Whereas most immigrants (including most Sri Lankans) would flock to NY, LA and San Fransisco for better job opportunities specially in IT.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 1

Don on the subject of credit terms, what are the car finance and mortgage rates in UK these days?

Totally agreed! I didn't for a second assume that madmax had everything coming for him easy. There obviously must have been some uphill battles along the way. There's an awful lot of luck involved too.

Just knowing that this is a possibility is enough for me to keep on marching forward! :)

I think luck is what you make it out to be. If you are not getting what you want you are simply not working or trying hard enough. Especially when it comes to employment your soft skills play an equally important role as the number of 3 letter acronyms following your name. IMO development of soft skills is something the local educations (secondary) system lacks.

I would've never been able to afford any of these cars in SL, unless I was 'royalty' or had a multi-million $ export business. But in the US, an upper middle class dual-income makes these a possibility.

Ayyo machang you are taking the longer route, all you need these days is to fund the political campaign of a charismatic politician, once he's in power become a government supplier. easy peasy. Only issue is even a bare bone election campaigns run up to 8 figures these days.

Madmax, you hit the nail right in the head on land of possibility!

Recently, around the world, the anti-American sentiment has been growing ... however, if if you want to be able to achieve as much success as you want to put in, it's still the place to be!

You're right about Florida too, on being able to live life a little better with your earnings, it's freaking expensive here! haha, on my recent trip to FL, I was amazed at the housing prices down there ... I could get our same house as here for a little over half the price and have plenty left over for toys! Most of my money nowadays goes to settling my student loans and debt that we accumulated when my wife quit her job and decided to go back to school for her second degree ... hopefully soon I'll be able to get back in the game of "personalizing" my car .. still lucky to even have a muscle car, lol

Ayyo machang you are taking the longer route, all you need these days is to fund the political campaign of a charismatic politician, once he's in power become a government supplier. easy peasy. Only issue is even a bare bone election campaigns run up to 8 figures these days.

I've been away so long I don't know the new rules of the game

Don on the subject of credit terms, what are the car finance and mortgage rates in UK these days?

I think luck is what you make it out to be. If you are not getting what you want you are simply not working or trying hard enough. Especially when it comes to employment your soft skills play an equally important role as the number of 3 letter acronyms following your name. IMO development of soft skills is something the local educations (secondary) system lacks.

xXx, as per credit terms it varies a bit. Some dealers run 0% promotions, though the premium brands tend not to. The normal I've seen from say a BMW dealer is around 4.5%, and if you go via a third party financing option like a bank loan, you are looking at something around 7-11%. The problem in the UK is dealer mark up, which when it comes to premium brands are quite high and they don't usually budge (you have more luck with mainstream brands in cutting a deal).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Replaced the wife's 2011 X5 with a 2015. This is our first brand new BMW and this time we thought of trying out a 3yr lease.

Specs on the car

2015 X5 xDrive 35d (diesel)

Mineral White
M-Sport Package
Mocha Interior
Premium Package
Harman Kardon sound
20" Wheels
Rear/Top view Camera

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg