• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: My Cars :::

madmax

Yes that's true. But I got both the M3 and X5 for just 1k over the dealer's cost.

PS: Are you back in SL?

OMG that's one sweet deal. You think you'll be able to hook me up with a similar deal????

No, i'm still here in the Great White North lol.

• 2 months later...

Time for an update. Added a dream car to my collection. Some of you may have seen it on FB already. But here it is being unloaded from the transport truck.

IMG_0510-1.jpg

A few pics inside the garage.

A_0412.jpg

A_0413.jpg

A_0416.jpg

A_0415.jpg

Mod list for the future - Techart front lip, side skirts and spoiler with black HRE wheels.

Edited by madmax

Nice ! and as gay as this may sound those little bubbly-headed lamp washers have always intrigued me :)....but you are still keeping all the beemers right ?

Yes the Beemers are staying for now. If money gets tight in the future I might have to let go of the M3.

• 1 month later...
Trip down memory lane

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10641-which-sports-car/

Max why don't you talk us though your thought process.

As many of you know after this post I went with the M3, which was a very nice practical sports car/daily driver and most importantly within my budget. The GTR is a very potent sports car, but it's bare bones inside, and being spoiled by German cars I didn't think I would like it. The Maserati is a big GT car and not the cheapest to maintain. It's definitely a head turner and chick magnet (Sri Lankan ethnicity is exotic enough here to do that). Back to car stuff - the next upgrade was the 911 and it is very common to step up into a 911 after a M3. I test drive the older 911 Turbo since I can't afford the new one(the new 911 turbo just came out and the price tag is close to $200k). As many people describes it, I also thought it was lacking in character. No feel, no engine noise just whoosh and go and a lot of it. The new 911 came out in 2012 and had great reviews from the press and won Motor Trend's best drivers car both in 2012 and 2013. Some reviews said the 911 Carrera S was fast enough to keep up with the older GT3-RS around a track. it is also a very practical daily driver, when all the sports options are turned off it purrs and drives like a rear engined VW bug. More importantly rich owners have started trading them in for the new 911 Turbo. So I ended up getting a 2013 Carrera S that I have now. The 'S' model is the one to get, the base model lacks power.

Here's a picture of my garage - I would almost call it the dream garage.

photo1.jpg

The wife wants a fun car that she can drive, she's nervous about driving the 911 and then there's the image of driving a 911 to work. There's plenty of discussions around that on the Porsche forums - what everyone else thinks when you drive a 911 and your boss drives a 20 year old piece of crap.

Sadly though the M3 is going to a new home this week.However it will most likely be replaced by this early next year.

photo2.jpg

Edited by madmax
  • Like 2

Nice ! Is that the color of the M3 you will be getting ? You seem to color code your garage contents with the same palette :)

So far white has been my color of choice and will remain so. I think the over the top crazy colors suits the character of the performance cars. We looked at both the Austin yellow (pictured here) and Yas Marina blue M3 in person. Wife will be driving it the most if we get it, and she liked the yellow over the blue.

• Like 1

There's plenty of discussions around that on the Porsche forums - what everyone else thinks when you drive a 911 and your boss drives a 20 year old piece of crap.

Dream garage indeed .Congrats once again buddy,

A wise man once told me not to drive a car better than your bosses. I'm yet to put that to test. Let me know how that works for you lol...

To be totally honest, I'm all sorts of jealous :) Some awesome choices you've made there!

Join the queue man. I'm unfriending this bugger LOL....

madmax. making autolankans weep since god knows when!

Weep in joy! I love the fact that the bugger's busy stocking his garage with mad horsepower!!

Madmax: Did you consider a M5 for the wifey over another M3?

Edited by Kavvz

love the garage :) and nice house got 3 garage space by the way where you live in US? if i may ask

Sunny Florida!

A wise man once told me not to drive a car better than your bosses. I'm yet to put that to test. Let me know how that works for you lol...

Some of my co-workers know what I drive and also the fact that I'm on a higher pay bracket than them. Luckily my boss doesn't work in the same office as me. And at work I park on the highest floor of the multi-story parking garage which is normally empty. So it keeps the car out of view of most people.

Weep in joy! I love the fact that the bugger's busy stocking his garage with mad horsepower!!

Madmax: Did you consider a M5 for the wifey over another M3?

We don't like big sedans. M3 is just the right size.

Edited by madmax

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living madmax?
IT guy, specialize in Microsoft Database technologies.

We've still got hope The Don! :D

Oh and nice set of cars madmax.

• Like 2