• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: My Cars :::

madmax

Very nice,I like!...

I shall expect a basket for me from Val's basket warehouse next time you're coming to SL :P

P.S: all your friends are cocks...

Except for the two farmers who decided to show up in their F150's...So what's the deal madmax, all the audi's and ford's park next to each other? Is the cafeteria and the john segregated too :D?

Edited by Kavvz

P.S: all your friends are cocks...

Yes, I'm outnumbered by the Audis

Except for the two farmers who decided to show up in their F150's...So what's the deal madmax, all the audi's and ford's park next to each other? Is the cafeteria and the john segregated too :D?

It's Florida, so we still have the older generation who still love their truck and guns..LOL

Yes, I'm outnumbered by the Audis

It's Florida, so we still have the older generation who still love their truck and guns..LOL

Trucks and guns huh? Okay, I guess if you've got a ccw permit, it doesn't matter what you drive :D

Note to self: F150 owners in FL maybe crazier then most; mock them for owning what maybe the worst piece of American automotive crap made and drive away rapidly.

Edited by Kavvz

• 5 months later...

Time to update the thread again. It wasn't long ago that the wife got herslef an Evoque, but it was starting to feel too small already. So we replaced that with another Bimmer, yes another Bimmer! For some reason we always find ourselves going back to Bimmers. This one's a diesel, and diesels are finally gaining traction in the US and most European brands have at least one one diesel model in their lineup. BMW NA just introduced a 4cyl diesel for the 3 series - the one from the Euro 320d, but it's badged a 328d stateside.

X5.jpg

Edited by madmax

Max, you should share your wisdom on 'how to hustle a stealership' lol. BTW why a X5, not a Merc ML/GL or even a Range Sport?

The new RR sport is still too much money. I would definitely pick one up when they drop down in price. The main reason for the bimmer is I got a good buddy at the stealership so I always get a sweet deal.

Edited by madmax

The new RR sport is still too much money. I would definitely pick one up when they drop down in price. The main reason for the bimmer is I got a good buddy at the stealership so I always get a sweet deal.

ah that indeed is a good strategy. I've been told dealer commissions are in the range of 3-5k for a mid 30k car

Here's a little treat for now. This is only part of my parking lot at work. I work with a bunch of crazy car nuts!

20130909_124245.jpg

Congratz bro.. Let me know how M3 doing on snow..

Can i get a job in ur office so i also can buy M3 or M5.. :sport-smiley-004:

Pericles are you sure there is no snow in FL? M3s have some features called traction and stability control which helps to drive in snow buddy.. :music-smiley-001:

I believe its rare.. Even though there is traction and stability control its no match for snow (but sure helps than old cars with no traction and stability control). Specially when you have a RWD car you need to have lot of talent to tackle snow. AWD & FWD are a little easy to drive on snow. But i believe M3 and M5 might have a snow mode as some cars have. Place i live (Denver,CO) its pretty tough to have a RWD car as its snows comparatively alot. So ppl preffer to buy AWD cars. (It even snows today..!! damn..!!)

Anyways, all i wanted to know was how good M3 handles snow. And to know if it has any special modes for snow as they are purely built to speed.. I do love to own a 4 door M3 / M5 (some day, may be if i win a lottery) :smilie_liebe9:

Update -

Also want to let you guys know that looks like even the hyundai accent comes with traction and stability control as a standard option. Link - https://www.hyundaiusa.com/accent/safety.aspx

And lastly a photo i found on Florida snow - :medium-smiley-037:

Florida-Snow-01-mw-021210.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

Have been driving my Camaro this winter and we've had a LOT of snow this time around (Maryland, USA). Swapped out the summer tires to some slimmer all weather tires and its handled the snow well. Ofcourse I took the Subaru out when the wife didnt have to work lol. My stability/traction control is my right foot haha, I feel the stability control kick on every now and then but that's mostly when im getting stupid and trying to kill myself, haha

Although I love the Launch control on the Camaro; its called "competition driving mode" and allows you to stab the throttle and have the car rev up and maintain about 4500rpms and then just let go of the clutch and hold on... the newer cars also have no lift shift, which holds the engine from overrevving when you shift with the throttle pegged to the floor ... gimmicks that allow almost anyone to drive like a seasoned driver! Haha

Edited by Mean Green z28

Have been driving my Camaro this winter and we've had a LOT of snow this time around (Maryland, USA). Swapped out the summer tires to some slimmer all weather tires and its handled the snow well. Ofcourse I took the Subaru out when the wife didnt have to work lol. My stability/traction control is my right foot haha, I feel the stability control kick on every now and then but that's mostly when im getting stupid and trying to kill myself, haha

Although I love the Launch control on the Camaro; its called "competition driving mode" and allows you to stab the throttle and have the car rev up and maintain about 4500rpms and then just let go of the clutch and hold on... the newer cars also have no lift shift, which holds the engine from overrevving when you shift with the throttle pegged to the floor ... gimmicks that allow almost anyone to drive like a seasoned driver! Haha

Sounds you're having lot of fun with RWDs.. :) Ya i heard there were alot of snow in east coast this year.. I was also living in Germantown, MD sometime back but didn't have much fun, Could have known earlier and get a ride with ur Camaro.. :sport-smiley-004:

BTW there is a Camaro near my apartment looks very like the one in movie with all those black stripes.. Looks awesome. Not sure whether the owner likes taking pictures of it. Will try if i be lucky.. :smilie_liebe9:

Edited by kmeeg

Pericles are you sure there is no snow in FL? M3s have some features called traction and stability control which helps to drive in snow buddy.. :music-smiley-001:

M3s are sold outside Florida too, and traction and stability control help with dusty and wet conditions as well as snow.

As to the snow thing, the one who lives in Florida tells me it doesn't snow there. At least in Tampa and Miami. Maybe it snows in the northern part of the state..

Snow in Florida is a rare occurrence and even that would be limited to the most northern parts of the state near the Georgia border. The state has never gotten snow in the three years I lived here. There are folks in the northern states who drive their M3s in the winter with proper tires and careful driving.

ah that indeed is a good strategy. I've been told dealer commissions are in the range of 3-5k for a mid 30k car

Yes that's true. But I got both the M3 and X5 for just 1k over the dealer's cost.

PS: Are you back in SL?

Edited by madmax

M3s are sold outside Florida too, and traction and stability control help with dusty and wet conditions as well as snow.

As to the snow thing, the one who lives in Florida tells me it doesn't snow there. At least in Tampa and Miami. Maybe it snows in the northern part of the state..

Pericles, thanks for the tip. Next time i will look for a M3 outside FL eventhough im not a big fan of Beamers :speechless-smiley-006:

Audi S4 all the way if you are really looking for a fun car for the winter specially for the guys in the midwest.

Max is your car chipped?