• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Great Sri Lankan Drives ::

yisaam

alfaq are those pics from hikka? i'm surprised you even remember going there :P jk twas definitely a worthy drive...

i can vouch for the drive to hatton though we didn't actually go that far today... and i wasn't driving but was driven in a 'high performance sedan' with NOS disguised as an 'A/C' button :D fuzzo and i are still dizzy :D

nope this is way past hikka. this was on the way to nuwaraeliya after a detour to hikka :D i believe this was a beach past hambantota, matara?? actually i cant quite remember, but thats definitely quite interesting and adventurous drive upto nuwaraeliya. some marvelous roads, scenic views! must go thru my map again for the exact route. took us like 10 hours tho :blink:

as for that last trip to hikka, whew that was somethin else! :D

Edited by alfaQ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Velo! Pictures are nicer coz of the RX8 :D

@ Hola..stop worrying..buy a radar detector machan!

Thanks Bro, Colombo to Marawila is also a Super Drive.

Super Road Surface.

Quite a nice filter you have applied when taking the pics, or is it just my screen ?

machan no filters used...

So, just out of curiosity, where does the route go? How many water-crossings? Any hardcore 4x4 bits? Tell us more.

Curiosity might kill the rally. I am only at liberty to reveal the service points. Aarachikattuwa, Matale, Araganangwila, & Kandy. Guranteed water crossing, especially high these days, hopefully will be down by june. Hard core 4x4 towards the end. We do not want the drivers to give up early. It is many hours of driving through interesting 4x4 routes. for eg if you ask directions from the locals they will tell you there no such road.

Curiosity might kill the rally. I am only at liberty to reveal the service points. Aarachikattuwa, Matale, Araganangwila, & Kandy. Guranteed water crossing, especially high these days, hopefully will be down by june. Hard core 4x4 towards the end. We do not want the drivers to give up early. It is many hours of driving through interesting 4x4 routes. for eg if you ask directions from the locals they will tell you there no such road.

Is the Maduru Oya area safe? How close to Thoppigala will the route go? Any chance of a wrong turn taking the competitors into a battle field?

If there are no roads to guide the drivers, how do they know where to go if their meters are off by a couple of tenths or whatever?

Is the Maduru Oya area safe? How close to Thoppigala will the route go? Any chance of a wrong turn taking the competitors into a battle field?

If there are no roads to guide the drivers, how do they know where to go if their meters are off by a couple of tenths or whatever?

Maduru Oya is a very safe are!! No wrong turns lead to uncleared area or danger Zones.From Pimburuttewa there are plenty of road blocks to warn you before accidently stepping into uncleared areas.maduru oya is miles away from thoppigala.Not even in Arty range.Today i returened from Maduru Oya. Finally the whole area is blessed with SL Special Forces!! :)