• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nuwara Eliya 4x4

Gummybr

apparently there had been 35 entiries!!

so given the high volume they had wanted to limit the participants

also there was something said about it being a timed run for the finalists.. :unsure:

hey, where were you?

According to one of my colleagues who had gone to support his buddy there told me that 15 guys had qualified and that includes a guy who did not qualify in the trials.

Unofficially the results should read something like this,

1st Themiya - LR Disco

2nd Indika - LR Defender

3rd Ajith - Nissan Patrol

4th Deepthi - Wrangler

5th Osanda - LR Defender

6th Chathuranga - LR Range Rover

Of course there might be changes in the standings when the final result comes.

Also the final day has not been a big mud event as the trials day. It had been just another run and my friend said that foxhill is more demanding than the track they have prepared this time.

For all you guys...here are the final standings,

1st Themiya - LR Disco

2nd Indika - LR Defender

4th Deepthi - Wrangler

5th Osanda - LR Defender

6th Buddhi - Mitsubishi J44

It is truly unfortunate that the organisers have to take all the critisisum that the event was not run properly when the competitors have been informed of the fact that first day was a scoring run and the second day will be a timing run. 15 Vehicles were selected for the timing run as certain competitors had their scores tied, including the dynamic duo of Indika Sanjaya and Suresh Chathuranga. Osanda was outstanding with his big score on the first day.

A big congratulation goes out to cool man Themiya for winning the event and over coming all the competitors and proving that brain is definitly better than brawn!

It is also unfortunate that sports have to be mixed with petty politics.

X

Edited by Cruiserhead

Still didn't get time to sort out the photos. Will be able to upload them tonight, both to my personal gallery and to the Four Wheel Drive Club site.

We had announced on the Four Wheel Drive Club site that the first day is driven by points, and the second day is a timed run for those who got top points on the first day.

It is fortunate that the event didn't have problems with the rain unlike the last year. :)

The obstacles on the second day were not the easiest (see the photos when they are available), but we wanted to avoid winching situations like the first day as it was a timed run.

Will make an announcement here when the photos are available. :)

For all you guys...here are the final standings,

1st Themiya - LR Disco

2nd Indika - LR Defender

4th Deepthi - Wrangler

5th Osanda - LR Defender

6th Chathuranga - LR Range Rover

It is truly unfortunate that the organisers have to take all the critisisum that the event was not run properly when the competitors have been informed of the fact that first day was a scoring run and the second day will be a timing run. 15 Vehicles were selected for the timing run as certain competitors had their scores tied, including the dynamic duo of Indika Sanjaya and Suresh Chathuranga. Osanda was outstanding with his big score on the first day.

A big congratulation goes out to cool man Themiya for winning the event and over coming all the competitors and proving that brain is definitly better than brawn!

It is also unfortunate that sports have to be mixed with petty politics.

X

No critisisng here cruiserhead, but honestly if two are tied up with points the next person will be positioned one after the next (if there are no1's the next will be no3). Am I not correct??

Also this thing where the DNF vehicle being given a chance to run on the final day, how is that possible??

I'm not talking politics here as I have attended only the 2005 Nuwaraeliya 4X4 event, that also only on day 1.

By the way Anuradha await your pics. Also your profile says you have a Jimny, This is OT but haven't you tried off roading in it?? Its one of the very best off road vehicles. I had a old Suzuki Samurai / Jimny Catalogue where there were highly modified off road Jimny's. As you might know it once beat a Porsche Cayenne off road in a Autocar Road Test. :jumping-smiley-013:

Still didn't get time to sort out the photos. Will be able to upload them tonight, both to my personal gallery and to the Four Wheel Drive Club site.

We had announced on the Four Wheel Drive Club site that the first day is driven by points, and the second day is a timed run for those who got top points on the first day.

It is fortunate that the event didn't have problems with the rain unlike the last year. :)

The obstacles on the second day were not the easiest (see the photos when they are available), but we wanted to avoid winching situations like the first day as it was a timed run.

I was checking your flickr profile since Saturday, Saw the photos en-route to N'eliya, beautiful...

Also your profile says you have a Jimny, This is OT but haven't you tried off roading in it??

From time to time, yes. I live in Kotmale so most of the trips around home end up being off-road journeys. And also FWDC events, not races, are another set of opportunities to do some off-roading. But I'm not yet into off-road competitions yet <_<

IPB Image

More jimny photos

Coming back to the topic at hand, still didn't finish sorting out all the photos from the NE event. And there is the cricket match coming up, so may be later tonight after the match, or tomorrow early morning before I go to work... B)

From time to time, yes. I live in Kotmale so most of the trips around home end up being off-road journeys. And also FWDC events, not races, are another set of opportunities to do some off-roading. But I'm not yet into off-road competitions yet <_<

IPB Image

More jimny photos

Coming back to the topic at hand, still didn't finish sorting out all the photos from the NE event. And there is the cricket match coming up, so may be later tonight after the match, or tomorrow early morning before I go to work... B)

wow, this is 1.3 4WD right? Never knew it was this hardy

wow, this is 1.3 4WD right? Never knew it was this hardy

It is. Jimny is the successor of the Samurai which is well known for its toughness. Being more curvier, most people don't think it's a serious off-roader. Suzuki hasn't compromised it's off roading capabilities in order to make it tarmac-friendly.

Here is a good document about Suzuki's 4x4 history.

Edited by Anuradha Ratnaweera

Yep. 1296cc to be exact if I remember right.

This group on flickr gets good Jimny photos.

Wow thanks man!

You realy put up the intrest in this now. There is a lady (foreign) who uses a GH number plate Jimny like urs and she loves it. She got her bike holder on the back and she carriers that everywhere she goes.

Miniace, you reckon whom im talking about ;)

Anyway,sorry for taking this OT. Back to N'eliya 4x4

machan, can we see pics before next years one.. ;)

Hey, Great job with all other events.

Just curious.

Are people picky about having their number plates displayed?

Just curious.

Are people picky about having their number plates displayed?

I don't bother removing the numbers, normally :D Its not like this is some illegal activity like street racing. In that case, I'd bother :D