• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Faq About Goverment Servants Permits

Velocity

Please can some one Answer these Questions, :D

1 ) Are the Goverment Servants Permits Finalised ?

2 ) If Yes What the Engine Capacity Limits

Petrol CC ?

Diesel CC ?

3 ) Can a Used Vehciales Imported for these Permits

4 ) What are the Conditions of Import ( Within 3 Years / 5 Year Single Permit Holde Ownership Etc ... )

5 ) Is it Transferable

6 ) What is the Price Advanatage of a Permit Car

7 ) How will it Affect the Current Market of Used Second Hand Cars

8 ) Can we buy a Permit from others.

Please can some one Answer these Questions, :D

1 ) Are the Goverment Servants Permits Finalised ? Circular has been issued, but Permits are "to-be" issued starting 25th April (to-be is a very doubtful word in SL)

2 ) If Yes What the Engine Capacity Limits

Petrol CC ? 2 Cateogries 1600cc/1800CC

Diesel CC ? 2 Cateogries 2000cc/2800CC

3 ) Can a Used Vehciales Imported for these Permits No, brand new only

4 ) What are the Conditions of Import ( Within 3 Years / 5 Year Single Permit Holde Ownership Etc ... ) 5 Years non transferable, with the book in custody of department/ministry, transferabilty can be obtained by paying full tax at any moment

5 ) Is it Transferable No

6 ) What is the Price Advanatage of a Permit Car Total tax wil be 25-45% of CIF depending on petrol/diesel engine size etc.

7 ) How will it Affect the Current Market of Used Second Hand Cars As it's non-transferable effect will be minimal, However government servants bringing new cars will sell their old ones.

8 ) Can we buy a Permit from others. No

Edited by madmax

Max Thanks for that Information. ( THATS A LOT OF INFORMATION ) :D

Thats Very Very Helpfull !

I am sure Our Sri Lankans will find a way to tackle the issue of buying these permits. So until the Masterminds do their home work :lol:

Let us now check what will be the Best Options for these Models.

PETROL Cateogries

1600cc

1800CC

Diesel CC Cateogries

2000cc

2800CC

ANY IDEAS WITH PRICES.......

Max Thanks for that Information. ( THATS A LOT OF INFORMATION ) :D

Thats Very Very Helpfull !

I am sure Our Sri Lankans will find a way to tackle the issue of buying these permits. So until the Masterminds do their home work :lol:

Let us now check what will be the Best Options for these Models.

PETROL Cateogries

1600cc

1800CC

Diesel CC Cateogries

2000cc

2800CC

ANY IDEAS WITH PRICES.......

Did you check the papers today. (Daily news) Kia & Tata have offered.

Thats a true cutie!! Velo, your dad getting a permit this time?

:(

That Not Sure Yet Bro. At Least Starting to Dream would not Hurt I guess.

:lol:

Imagine My Own Little 4G15 Engine ( 1.5 LITRE TURBO ). Name of This is COLT RALLIART Version R

IPB Image

IPB Image

Did you check the papers today. (Daily news) Kia & Tata have offered.

Yeah Gummy I saw It,

Sorento Diesel Jeep is Just USD 14000 CIF. Now Aint It a Bargain. But not Sure if its for this Permit,

Tata Diesel Car was for Rs 450,000

Edited by Velocity

Sorento Diesel Jeep is Just USD 14000 CIF. Now Aint It a Bargain. But not Sure if its for this Permit,

Tata Diesel Car was for Rs 450,000

Hyundai is offering the Tuscon, but the Motero Sport diesel agents are trying to get down is on the top of my dream list at the moment...

Korean diesels are yet to be proven...

Edited by madmax

Hyundai is offering the Tuscon, but the Motero Sport diesel agents are trying to get down is on the top of my dream list at the moment...

Korean diesels are yet to be proven...

A no frills version of the Hyundai Santafe should also be available.

By the way check how the COLT Ralliart Version R Eats The Fit :) ( But Fit is N/A car and still hangs on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKivMUB4_ME

SPOON FIT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is Another Video Where Tsuchiya San Drives the Normal Honda Fit Aria and the Spoon Fit. Try to Find It. Its FUN.

Edited by Velocity

Its good to see the government giving these permits to its Servants, I guess spending over 50cents for each tax Rupee that is collected is just not enough, they should be given low priced cars for their lazy non taxed asses.

Pardon me for sounding bitter but anyone who tried to get any constructive work done through a government servant would have experienced this frustration, there seems to be abt 10 ppl for each job that can easily be done by one and those 10 ppl are also clueless in most cases and the sad part is that the general public and the private sector r forced to pay for thee excesses of successive governments

Though its an experiment model the conversion can be done. Awesome car this is the car to get to teach those big Sti and Evo bullies a lesson :P

i think the addtional torque and the world class AWD of an EVO will still eat this alive... perhaps in a straight line this might just have a slight edge over a standard evo with complies with emission rules etc. ... but if u drag a proper FQ360 with this one the evo will eat this alive... i think it's fair to compare this with a FQ series evo as this car does not seem like it could pass any emission rules.

anyway it would be interesting to see the performance figures of this Fit

By the way check how the COLT Ralliart Version R Eats The Fit :) ( But Fit is N/A car and still hangs on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKivMUB4_ME

SPOON FIT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is Another Video Where Tsuchiya San Drives the Normal Honda Fit Aria and the Spoon Fit. Try to Find It. Its FUN.

oh man i love the colt, i prefer it to a heavier lancer evo, there are so many things you can do with modifications when the car is light ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just read a review of the colt, it's said that the chassis isn't da greatest of 'em all and FWD of is said to be having some torque steer and the height of it is said to make it have more body roll than one would expect :(

Edited by isurujosh

Its good to see the government giving these permits to its Servants, I guess spending over 50cents for each tax Rupee that is collected is just not enough, they should be given low priced cars for their lazy non taxed asses.

Pardon me for sounding bitter but anyone who tried to get any constructive work done through a government servant would have experienced this frustration, there seems to be abt 10 ppl for each job that can easily be done by one and those 10 ppl are also clueless in most cases and the sad part is that the general public and the private sector r forced to pay for thee excesses of successive governments

I think thats an unfair generalization....majority of the people who r benefiting will be University Academics, Engineers etc. who have been serving the country for a long period, ignoring opportunities in the private sector where they could be earning more money.....so i think its just reward for some hard yards....

I think thats an unfair generalization....majority of the people who r benefiting will be University Academics, Engineers etc. who have been serving the country for a long period, ignoring opportunities in the private sector where they could be earning more money.....so i think its just reward for some hard yards....

But machang,most of the permit holders sell their permits. This is actualy a way of giving the goverment servents some extra money to be earned

But machang,most of the permit holders sell their permits. This is actualy a way of giving the goverment servents some extra money to be earned

I dont think selling the permits is going to happen this time around machang, some new rules and regulations including placing a sticker on the license plate are to be introduced....it will be complicated....

I dont think selling the permits is going to happen this time around machang, some new rules and regulations including placing a sticker on the license plate are to be introduced....it will be complicated....

But you know our smart lankans ne machang, we will turn something around

But you know our smart lankans ne machang, we will turn something around

Ya thats true...

Heres a kicker for u...Retired Civil Servants receive a permit with 0% tax..which they CAN sell apparently....and i think the engine capacity is upto 3.8L

Ya thats true...

Heres a kicker for u...Retired Civil Servants receive a permit with 0% tax..which they CAN sell apparently....and i think the engine capacity is upto 3.8L

Is it the retiring govt servants permit you are referring to??