• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viper

Nim

Seems like they have upgraded the engine. Now it's a 8.4 litre which puts out 600Hp and 560 lb-ft of torque.

The new 8.4 liter V10 engine with new intake and exhaust manifolds deliver 0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds.

The engine has a new cylinder block and modified cylinder heads with variable valve timing (VVT). :rolleyes: and they have even given it a limited slip differential.

The car is going to be available in both roadster and coupe versions. 8 standard colours and 3 wheel designs. They say that it's got four wheel independent suspention and pinpoint cornering ability. :o

Would they relly be able to achieve this? :unsure:

Good thread to open. I was just the other day chatting with Shak on what a monster car this SRT10 is turning out to be. The older one came with a similar displacement and had figures of 500cubic engine, 500hp & 500lbs of torque. This upgraded version is really something else.. there is also a Competition Coupe which has been released for track use- which I hear is doing pretty well in a few European touring car championships. The car I must say looks a stunner- always been a fan of long front ends and this with the enhanced scoop looks awesome. Check out the official site:

http://www.dodge.com/en/viper08/features/power.html

Imagine what this beast would be like turbo charged!!! well imagine no more! It could only happen in US of course! Check out this version of the SRT10- 2006 Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 1000

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/viper_venom_turbo.asp

It packs 1000hp and 1100lbs of torque!!!

The only question that hangs over this car is its handling. Buts thats something that haunts most American cars right?

This car anyway will compete directly with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 which is whole lot cheaper with it costing $69000 verses the Dodges $80000 price tag. I'm not sure about the 2008 version of the Corve but the 2006 had similar specs with 505hp but with a smaller ;) V8 7000cc engine.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/corvette_z06.asp

I donno- but any day the Viper will be THE premiere American Exotic- no matter how hard the Z06 tries they'll never be able to match up to its style and exclusivity.

JC checked out the old SRT-10 when he did "The good, the bad and the ugly". He actually said "I do like it". (U can count the number of times he has said that about an American car and not run out of fingers). Then they put it in a race with a Z4 M roadster and round the track, it was pretty much dead even at the finish. Damn good race with Stig in the Z4M and an American racing driver called Danny McGiver in the SRT-10. And considering how the SRT-10 just cruised past the Z4 in the straights, Stiggy gave him the beans thru the twisty bits :D

Awesome car tho. U'd need to replace tires weekly considering the temptation to break the rear end loose.

JC checked out the old SRT-10 when he did "The good, the bad and the ugly". He actually said "I do like it". (U can count the number of times he has said that about an American car and not run out of fingers). Then they put it in a race with a Z4 M roadster and round the track, it was pretty much dead even at the finish. Damn good race with Stig in the Z4M and an American racing driver called Danny McGiver in the SRT-10. And considering how the SRT-10 just cruised past the Z4 in the straights, Stiggy gave him the beans thru the twisty bits :D

Awesome car tho. U'd need to replace tires weekly considering the temptation to break the rear end loose.

Yeap awesome car, and an absolute beast on the highway with insane road presence. Too bad it took so long to get a limited slip differential put on, but better late than never....

The Comp Coupe is a ridiculous car. It utterly dominated Speed World Challenge GT to such an extent that they had to add ballast, rev-limits and other restrictions because it was just too fast for the rest of the field (of modified 'vettes, M3s, RS4s and 911s, mind you).

I still remember going to a Viper Racing League track day at Thunderhill Raceway where Tommy Archer, Dodge's factory driver brought out the works Comp Coupe and despite starting last in the field by a big margin, he absolutely swallowed the rest of the grid within a couple of laps. Compared to the regular Vipers, the Comp Coupe is absolutely something else. Looks great too, way better than the first generation.

Here is a picture of Tim Wiens' car that I took at Sears Point.

IPB Image

Good thread to open. I was just the other day chatting with Shak on what a monster car this SRT10 is turning out to be. The older one came with a similar displacement and had figures of 500cubic engine, 500hp & 500lbs of torque. This upgraded version is really something else.. there is also a Competition Coupe which has been released for track use- which I hear is doing pretty well in a few European touring car championships. The car I must say looks a stunner- always been a fan of long front ends and this with the enhanced scoop looks awesome. Check out the official site:

http://www.dodge.com/en/viper08/features/power.html

Imagine what this beast would be like turbo charged!!! well imagine no more! It could only happen in US of course! Check out this version of the SRT10- 2006 Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 1000

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/viper_venom_turbo.asp

It packs 1000hp and 1100lbs of torque!!!

The only question that hangs over this car is its handling. Buts thats something that haunts most American cars right?

This car anyway will compete directly with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 which is whole lot cheaper with it costing $69000 verses the Dodges $80000 price tag. I'm not sure about the 2008 version of the Corve but the 2006 had similar specs with 505hp but with a smaller ;) V8 7000cc engine.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/corvette_z06.asp

I donno- but any day the Viper will be THE premiere American Exotic- no matter how hard the Z06 tries they'll never be able to match up to its style and exclusivity.

No argument on that macahan. the vett might be a better handling car but its not as good looking as the viper and it'll never be able to deliver the exclusivity.

the official web site doesn't say much about the suspension setup though. But the good news is that now the american producers are also trying to squees more power from their engines by introducing technologies like VVT-i and stuf. In the old days they were just big blocks of engines with a lot of displacement but producing a little amount of horse power than what they can actually deliver. Remember in one of the top gear videos Jeremy K says that 500 HP from a 8.3 litre engine isn't really good enough and these days you can get that power from pencil sharpners. :D

Machan in that 1000Hp one have they incresed the engine displacement? Because it says 8550.

I think the displacement increase came with the 2008 power increase across the SRT10 range- not in just the Hennessey. Hey google the Viper Venom 800TT (man dont you just love them names)

I'm not sure of this list but,

Presenting the Fastest cars in the world: based on acceleration (in seconds) from 0 to 60 MPH.

2.6 - 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans

2.7 - 2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept

2.7 - 2000 Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT

2.7 - 1999 Leblanc Caroline

2.7 - 1993 Dauer 962 Le Mans

2.8 - 1996 Renault Espace F1

2.9 - 1991 Audi Avus Quattro

2.9 - 1997 Callaway C7 Corvette

2.9 - 1997 Dodge Viper GTS-R

3.0 - 2003 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron

http://blogs.nowpos.com/jayan

I think the displacement increase came with the 2008 power increase across the SRT10 range- not in just the Hennessey. Hey google the Viper Venom 800TT (man dont you just love them names)

Presenting the Fastest cars in the world: based on acceleration (in seconds) from 0 to 60 MPH.

Speaking of GTS-Rs ...

IPB Image

:D

Cool link machan. Great pics.

Machan did you notice something? The rear end design of the new coupe is similar to the rear end design of the old GTS. but the new roadster has the normal SRT-10 rear end design. Go to the photo gallery in the official web site. you'll clearly see the difference.